This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out the variety in flags on the Flames roster:
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Kipper ruins it
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Check out the variety in flags on the Flames roster:
        http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.p...GY&season=0809
        Interestingly, the most expensive nationalities on average are French and Austrian (granted, small sample sizes). I know Huet is the Frenchie, who are the Austrians?
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Boyd is back now. Warrener got moved to the long-term IR, even though he's not injured ( ), which cleared up cap space.

SO WTF was up with "sending Boyd down" for 10 minutes?? Did they not know what they were doing?

As for Warrener, word is that he tweaked his shoulder that has been causing him problems for the last few years but tried to keep playing.

Warrener apparently refused to go to the Quad-Cities to play, so here we go.
          I can understand pride or something I guess but he gets MILLIONS of dollars to play HOCKEY. He should go where he is told.

I am actually surprised the Flames organization made allowances for him. I would think that refusal to report would be a breach of contract which would perhaps allow them to stop paying him altogether (at least until he reported).

Its also a weird move, if true, for a player who you indicated might want a job in the organization.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

Interestingly, the most expensive nationalities on average are French and Austrian (granted, small sample sizes). I know Huet is the Frenchie, who are the Austrians?
            Michael Grabner, but I think he's still technically a prospect...

Thomas Vanek is the other.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

Vanek makes something like 7 million so him and someone else
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

The sad part about that site is that it reminds me that we have Primeau under contract for next season as well-- at 1.4 million-- aaargh

Good things is that most of the key players are signed through next season-- Cammy and Bert will be two keys to re-sign depending on how this year goes along with Boyd and Moss-- On d its only Aucoin and Pardy

Comment

That's only a good thing if we do well this year...

Comment

Who's the injured Flyer(s) that puts their LTIR number at $7m this year

Comment

They're the players in red -- Hatcher and Rathje @ 3.5M a piece.

Comment

Oh, red means injured. No idea how I could've figured that out.

Comment

Click the "legend" at the bottom left.

Comment

Click the "legend" at the bottom left.
                            Nah, that would make WAY too much sense.

Comment

Regehr's not playing vs Vancouver tonight, 'cause his wife went into labour.

Comment

What genius at CBC decided to put Marc Crawford on colour duty tonight...?

Not only has he played against the Flames 8 times a year for years in an intense rivalry, one of the current Flames' star players is suing him...

Comment

Working...
                                X