AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 08/09: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

The project requirements are already documented. I spent most of the day trying to explain the UI to the artistic team which is cutting XAML for our UI, and the kind of movement we need from it.
    Well then you can come document my project for me if you're so bored
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Well then you can come document my project for me if you're so bored
      It's not that I'm bored, it's that these people are incompetent. They're Frozzy types who think because they can make pretty pictures they can design interfaces.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
        Regarding the auction topic...

I participated in the Poly auction baseball draft this year, and it was really a blast. I had never done an auction draft before. I'd love to do an auction hockey draft; if we can't get enough folks for one this year, maybe next time.
        Well I am somewhat interested too . Can we do an auction pool as well? While I want to do a draft style most, I could do an auction style as well. Given our small numbers on here with hockey interest, I wouldn't want it to divide people or REDUCE the numbers in the draft style one. So if people thought that would happen I would say stay with one draft style only.

But if enough people are interested to do it in ADDITION to the draft style one, I could be in.

The research is much the same so I figure the additional work would be puzzling over relative values of players and an additional draft day.

Maybe the numbers are such that it won't work but I'm willing to join if someone wants to do this
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Maybe the guy just had a man-crush on Brown. Don't know, don't care, it's an unreliable stat. You can't tell me you've never seen a game where they break down the "hits" per team per period and they strike you as completely nonsense?
          Sometimes-- In that way I guess its like PIM-- much depends on what the officials judgement is. Most games I think its reasonably accurate. Over time I think it becomes very accurate reflections of who hits and who does not

You would have HATED pools 20 years ago when the you would find some refs hardly ever gave out the second assist while others always did. I have visions of ASher yelling at the TV . .. It seemed like top players got a dozen phanthom asists in the run of a year as well .

back to hits-- its likely moot at yahoo anyway

Asher --Is there ANY other stat (available at yahoo or not) you like ? Do you share at all my wish that there be a stat or two which may be led by diffent types of players such that you actually may have to balance some competing factors

As it stands plus minus with four points stats essentially means you go for the best scorer on every pick. The only strategy comes in the order in which you fill your slots
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Well I am somewhat interested too . Can we do an auction pool as well? While I want to do a draft style most, I could do an auction style as well. Given our small numbers on here with hockey interest, I wouldn't want it to divide people or REDUCE the numbers in the draft style one. So if people thought that would happen I would say stay with one draft style only.

But if enough people are interested to do it in ADDITION to the draft style one, I could be in.

The research is much the same so I figure the additional work would be puzzling over relative values of players and an additional draft day.

Maybe the numbers are such that it won't work but I'm willing to join if someone wants to do this
            How would two drafts work? Are you saying you want two different leagues?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Yes, a "classic" league and an auction league. People could participate in both if they so choose.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• That would work for me. I'm always in plenty of leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                  Yes, a "classic" league and an auction league. People could participate in both if they so choose.

Exactly-- Snoopy seemed really interested in the auction so when I saw Guy was up for it and myself, I got thinking there was no reason we couldn't do two leagues. Even though we may be a small group, its possible that most people would like to do two leagues

How many do you need for a good auction I wonder? (Snoopy can probably tell me including standard deviations and Statistical analysis of the proper percentage of your budget to spend on Sydney Crosbie

Comment

• Calgary and Edmonton to host the World Juniors in 2012

Comment

• I'd be up for two leagues (like we did in baseball).

The only question is if we don't get at least 8, do we want to keep it as a small league poly-only (or only-ish), or do we want to incorporate it as an ESPN public auction league and allow others in it just to fill the league? (If we want to do the ESPN auction, it HAS to have 10, otherwise we just do an IM auction.)
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Calgary and Edmonton to host the World Juniors in 2012

Excellent-- I love that tourament and will definitely attend a few games

Comment

• Because we do not run Yahoo Sports, Ben...
                          You are the computer genius.

Not that hard to do to set up a spreadsheet.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

You are the computer genius.

Not that hard to do to set up a spreadsheet.
                            I'm such a genius I know that setting up fantasy leagues hosted on someone's spreadsheet completely sucks compared to the online services.

Why must you always infuriate me with your incessant stupidity. Even when you're saying something innocuous or trying to be helpful, you suggest the stupidest things that it sends me into a fit of rage.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                              I'd be up for two leagues (like we did in baseball).

The only question is if we don't get at least 8, do we want to keep it as a small league poly-only (or only-ish), or do we want to incorporate it as an ESPN public auction league and allow others in it just to fill the league? (If we want to do the ESPN auction, it HAS to have 10, otherwise we just do an IM auction.)
                              Either way is good for me-- Last year I thought a poly only league would be fun for the banter on the board but I actually found there was very little of that. It might be nice to have mainly poly but if we need to go elsewhere to get necessary numbers, c'est la vie

Comment

I'm such a genius I know that setting up fantasy leagues hosted on someone's spreadsheet completely sucks compared to the online services.

Why must you always infuriate me with your incessant stupidity. Even when you're saying something innocuous or trying to be helpful, you suggest the stupidest things that it sends me into a fit of rage.

Your reactions can be funny

Personally I am still waiting fior Ben to assert the the St Louis home uniform is teal in color

Comment

Working...
                                X