Euro 2008 discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty goal.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Damn Austrians

Not only they mess my prediction up, they also made the group fairly boring. They still don't have a chance to qualify - they won't beat Germany by all means - and that also puts the Poles out.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Hey, it's the only way we may score.

Also, it's a compensation for a clearly offside goal and another clear penalty against Ivanschitz shortly after the break.
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
          Damn Austrians

Not only they mess my prediction up, they also made the group fairly boring. They still don't have a chance to qualify - they won't beat Germany by all means - and that also puts the Poles out.
          Ah, Solver, wrong as always. Us Austrians, we have the Córdoba gene: This means we don't classify but we make Germany not classify either.
          If you don't know about Córdoba, I can't help you.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Austria

And for the last game....Germany have to improve to beat these Austrians.

Very good for my sense of righteousness that Poland didn't win that game

Oesterreich: Ich drücke euch die Daumen für das letzte Spiel gegen Deutschland

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Wernazuma III

Ah, Solver, wrong as always. Us Austrians, we have the Córdoba gene: This means we don't classify but we make Germany not classify either.
              I'll never believe you guys can beat Germany next week. I find it more likely that Russia would win the tournament
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Wernazuma III

Well in Córdoba 26 years ago, the situation was rather that Germany made you classify, wasn't it
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Austria 1 Poland 1 was in the end a fair result, but surely neither will go further.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• My wife went to my mother in law for a whole day, I got some friends at my place and we took down a shipment of beers (I believe i got 10-15 by myself) and Croatia beat Germany 2:1

Aaaah...a good day
                    My life, my rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Diadem

So what do we have? in A and B we basically only have Germany and Portugal. So they will reach the semi-finals and one of them (Germany) will reach the finals.
                      Is that so?
                      My life, my rules

Comment

• Croatia

As said, should have been 3-1, if not more.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartFart

Is that so?
                          Never write off the Germans.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb
                              What? I love Croatia!

Dear Croatia did help us with British
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartFart
                                My wife went to my mother in law for a whole day, I got some friends at my place and we took down a shipment of beers (I believe i got 10-15 by myself) and Croatia beat Germany 2:1

Aaaah...a good day
                                a great day... just flying to Zagreb today (not from the match though, but there is a wedding on Sunday)...

& well done Austrians, you should have won, only if you had Vastic play whole match he would have scored one of those 100% chances...

but a great penalty kick, so a Croat helped us be top of the group already and avoid Portugal for sure in the quarters
                                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                                X