Euro 2008 discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro 2008 discussion thread

Thought it would be easier if we kept the discussion seperate from the prediction thread.

First half of Switzerland - Chech Republic can be summed up in one word:

Frei

Did you guys see the tears streaming down his cheeks What a bummer. With all Switzerland's hopes resting on this man, it's no wonder that he was in tears.

I hope that the rest of the team can step up now that he will be missing...but I don't really see that happening.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Denmark will win
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Poor Swiss

Though the Czech's haven't had a shot all half
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        Denmark will win
        LOL....not bloody likely
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Not according to how the game has been going in the second half....but there you have it: Chech Republic opened the scoring of Euro 2008.

Comment

What a **** game.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
              What a **** game.
              The Swiss played well and got nothing, and it looks grim now with Turkey and Portugal to get something from.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Well Portugal deserved that win. Some great plays ending up hitting the woodwork for Portugal as well.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Yes...good game.

A very deserved win for Portugal, and it could even have been bigger. Ronaldo was slightly disappointing, even though he didn't play a bad game. The expectations are just so high when it comes to him.

The key match now, as I see it, is Chech Republic - Turkey. I am looking forward to that game. Turkey played at a much higer pace tonight than the Chechs did, and I am wondering if the Chechs can step up a gear if needed against the Turks.

After Frei's exit, I don't really fancy Switzerland's chances.

Interesting group.

Asmodean

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Well Portugal deserved that win.

Decent game, I thought.

Some great plays ending up hitting the woodwork for Portugal as well.

At least no-one "top-ended the spheroid into the goal-bag" in that match.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                      QFT
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Well it isn't really a shot... as one of them was a header.

Comment

Attempts is the word you're looking for, old chap.

Comment

Hey, if you lot can call American football "handmelon", then you can deal with my Americanisms .

Comment

It's not so much 'dealing' as laughing at the funny words and turns of phrase.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X