• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uhhh... okay
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      I still can't believe that either of those teams were in the Super Bowl. Is this what a playoff system gets you? A championship matchup between two teams who barely look like professionals?
      Thing is though the Colts never needed to play incredibly. They thouroughly dominated the last 3 quarters, the Bears gave them short fields so they just ran as many plays as they needed and dictated the pace of the game.

From a Colts point of view it was a fairly easy game to win, the Bears had that Thomas Jones run for 50 odd yards and never looked like threatening again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava

The team that executed won.

What looks good on paper doesn't always translate to a win.
        So you can't admit that the colts are the better team?

If they played ten times, how many times do you think the Bears would win?

Comment

• Didn't the Colts absolutely tw.at the Bears in regular season recently...?

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Nothing wrong with thinking your team is going to win. But, say, constantly saying how disrespected you are that you are 7 pt. underdogs and how no one talks about Anderson or how Jones is better than Addai and Rhodes combined. Things like that make me 'ding' you (in the football thread), especially when you lose by more than 7, Anderson has a total of 1 sack and a number of plays of running by the ball, and Addai and Rhodes totally run over the Bears D.

You didn't resort to outrageous statements, so for you.
          I bet this was aimed at Sava!
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Actually at Ned... who is still MIA, interestingly .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• My wife and I were listening to the local news last night and the lead story was that grief consulors were being called in to help bears fans deal with the loss. We both just looked at each other and broke out laughing.

Maybe Ned's in therapy.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                  I still can't believe that either of those teams were in the Super Bowl. Is this what a playoff system gets you? A championship matchup between two teams who barely look like professionals?
                  Over the last two years, guess which two teams have the best overall record...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Go Colts!

A lovely result for a Minnesota fan like me.
                    (Almost as good as the fantasy league result, even if my team folded in the play-offs)

A very entertaining Superbowl too. I'm sure the British weather played its part.

Speaking of which, MOBIUS, are you planning to try to get a ticket for the Dolphins - NYG game at Wembley in October? I'd love to go, even though it might require a lot of planning. Let me know.

Comment

• American football in Wembley
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                        Speaking of which, MOBIUS, are you planning to try to get a ticket for the Dolphins - NYG game at Wembley in October? I'd love to go, even though it might require a lot of planning. Let me know.
                        Already one step ahead of you!

Reservation orders for 9 tix and counting! Pity it's the Giants vs Dolphins, but I'll take whatever regular season NFL game I can get!

If you're keen, I'm sure we can swing another ticket...

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          American football in Wembley
                          I saw the original American Bowl game at Wembley back in 1986 when the Bears played the Cowboys in an exhibition game...

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Actually at Ned... who is still MIA, interestingly .
                            What's there to say, really, when your argument that consists mainly of extreme homerism hyperbole which considers contrary opinons to be stupid and :lol :-worthy (that's more savas m.o. at arguments, of course) gets demolished in spectacular fashion. I'd probably be tempted to pull a Sava and make some lame comment about execution and disappear from the thread (since the sports forum segregation, this is much easier) rather than admitting I was wrong about previous predictions and analysis.

That's the great thing about sports as opposed to other debates (and tactics) that these two partake in-unless you're talking historical comparisons, there will be concrete results that inevitibly lay bare false assumptions and embarrass those who take such extreme positions.

Comment

• Btw, the initial ratings news is that this game was the 2nd highest rated SuperBowl EVER. Only 2nd to 1996's matchup between the Steelers and Cowboys.

It's the 3rd highest rated TV program in US history .

I'm betting its because of the great numbers of Bears fans around the country and football fans who wanted to see if Manning could get that monkey off his back.

Comment

• Over the last two years, guess which two teams have the best overall record...

I'm not saying the teams that didn't make it were any better. I'm saying that's it's embarassing for the NFL that their two best teams looked liked amateurs on the game's biggest stage.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X