No announcement yet.

Superbowl XLI!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched this game in its entirety, and I can officially say it had the same level of excitement and intensity as a Minnesota Wild - New Jersey Devil, October regular season game...why is this so huge??
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Football is a TBS.

Hockey is a RT shooter.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Football is more like Hungry Hungry Hippos than a TBS.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          And how the hell was Manning the MVP? He only threw for one touchdown, right? I thought Addai had a much better game...
          Addai wasn't even the best RB on the team, Rhodes had a better game.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
            Football is more like Hungry Hungry Hippos than a TBS.
            Can't you play a new tune?

I'd rather hear "I got my Mind Set on You" by George Harrison than the same ol' same ol' from you.

ACK!

Comment

• Give it to Rhodes, then. The basic principle stands...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wycoff

I was hoping that Manning would thank Baal for the victory.

"I want to give all the glory to Baal for this victory. Before the game, I sacrificed my first born and offered him up to the great lord, and after the ceremony we're going to offer him Rex Grossman. Praise be to Baal."
                Grossman should have said, " We were gonna win that game for sure, until Jesus made me throw an interception."

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                  Can't you play a new tune?

I'd rather hear "I got my Mind Set on You" by George Harrison than the same ol' same ol' from you.

ACK!
                  How many people hear genuinely believe the game tonight was exciting at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                    Addai wasn't even the best RB on the team, Rhodes had a better game.

ACK!
                    And that's why, in the end, Manning got it. When there is no clear cut MVP candidate, the default ends up being the QB of the winning team if he had a halfway decent game or better.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Just got back from work. What the Hell, Chicago?
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• OK, can we admit that Rex Grossman really isn't a very good quarterback now? Sava? I'd love to see the Bears win the Super Bowl before all their great defensive players get too old or leave, but it's not going to happen with Grossman, period.

The lengths of their first nine drives: 7 yards, 0, 57, 8, 8, 6, 9, -1 and 1. The 57 yard drive came from the 52 yard run by Thomas Jones.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Dallas News website.

Who was your Super Bowl MVP?

Peyton Manning: 25-of-38, 247 yards, 1 TD, 1 int
                          30.83% 82 votes

Joseph Addai: 143 total yards
                          26.69% 71 votes

Dominic Rhodes: 121 total yards, TD
                          33.83% 90 votes

Kelvin Hayden: 56-yard int for TD
                          2.26% 6 votes

Thomas Jones: 130 total yards
                          1.88% 5 votes

Bob Sanders: int and forced fumble
                          4.51% 12 votes

266 Total Votes
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• A haiku...

Don't rise to the troll,
                            He cares naught but for dissing:
                            Asher, Asher sucks.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                              OK, can we admit that Rex Grossman really isn't a very good quarterback now? Sava? I'd love to see the Bears win the Super Bowl before all their great defensive players get too old or leave, but it's not going to happen with Grossman, period.

The lengths of their first nine drives: 7 yards, 0, 57, 8, 8, 6, 9, -1 and 1. The 57 yard drive came from the 52 yard run by Thomas Jones.
                              (I wrote this last night, but my cable went down before I could post.)

Congrats to the Colts and their fans. Well done.

Early turnovers killed offensive continuity for the Bears. They lost control of the clock, thus keeping the defense on the field. That frittered away the early advantage. Then Rex killed them with fumbled snaps and poorly thrown INTs, giving the Colts a short field again and again. In the 2nd half, the Colts owned the line of scrimmage and just ran it down the Bears' throats.

But it all goes back to an inability to keep Manning off the field. The defensive game plan was conservative, and the offense didn't execute. No one on the Bears played particularly well, and Evil Rex showed up for the 2nd half.

Oh well.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• -Jrabbit

You showed up. Though you were generally one who didn't make outrageous statements during the last two weeks. I'm waiting for one of those to come back and explain themselves.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X