Superbowl XLI!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facts are facts.

I knew it would be tough, but let myself think the Bears would relax and play well when they got the two quick scores. If they capitalize on the early Colts turnovers instead of giving them back, it would have been a helluva game.

I kind of missed doing the usual in-game Poly banter, but had a blast partying with Ming and Rah instead.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Nothing wrong with thinking your team is going to win. But, say, constantly saying how disrespected you are that you are 7 pt. underdogs and how no one talks about Anderson or how Jones is better than Addai and Rhodes combined. Things like that make me 'ding' you (in the football thread), especially when you lose by more than 7, Anderson has a total of 1 sack and a number of plays of running by the ball, and Addai and Rhodes totally run over the Bears D.

You didn't resort to outrageous statements, so for you.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Any defense spending that much time on the field will wear down. Kudos to Manning for his patience in nickel-and-diming it down the field.

It all comes back to the offense's inability to hang onto the ball.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well, let's give some credit to the Colts' Defense as well. They limited the Bears offense even when they did have the ball.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• They played well, but got a lot of help from the TOs. Rex went 20 of 28 and Jones averaged 7.5 per carry. They just couldn't hang onto the damned ball.

Comment

• It isn't like the Colts didn't turn the ball over either though .

Comment

• They STOPPED turning it over.
                The Bears KEPT turning it over.

Comment

• I still can't believe that either of those teams were in the Super Bowl. Is this what a playoff system gets you? A championship matchup between two teams who barely look like professionals?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• The rain and wind didn't help, but I'm sure you would have looked professional playing under those conditions.

And I guess those professional looking teams need to actually win to get to the SB.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The Bears didn't execute. Nothing much else to say. It happened a few times during the season. They couldn't come out and play the way they are capable of playing in the Super Bowl and they lost.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Wouldn't you say, Sava, that the better team won?

Comment

• Hail Peyton!

'Bout time!!

/me remembers all those years of near Big Orange near misses
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• The rain and wind didn't help, but I'm sure you would have looked professional playing under those conditions.

I've seen college teams play better under worse conditions.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                              Wouldn't you say, Sava, that the better team won?
                              The team that executed won.

What looks good on paper doesn't always translate to a win.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I'm as glad for Archie Manning as I am for anyone.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X