Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is joining WePlayCiv in effect condoning Death Threats?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I promise to be good, as well.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO View Post
      Ok if we go in the on topic and torture some newbies?
      Nah, there is a lot more drama for you here.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
        It also doesn't work when it comes from somebody famous in community for being an egomaniac himself with his own vanity projects like Candle'bre with the most pretentious and unreadable stories to accompany it. Not to mention the insufferable SMAC strategy guides that he versions and whines about people stealing from all the time.

He's a guy that demands his own forums on sites he posts at (Poly, WePlayCiv) and he has the balls to yell at me for making a thread when an admin deletes my posts, issues me a death threat, and the other admins tried to cover it up.
        A few misconceptions here.

You are the first and only person to have ever called me an "egomaniac." Perhaps this is because your keen and insightful mind gives you special wisdom, or perhaps it is because you are simply incorrect. Either way, it's not for me to say, but I observe that you are in the minority opinion on that point.

Candle'Bre is an indie effort that has involved more than sixty people at various stages. It's no more a vanity project than Free Civ, but of course, it makes a more colorful attack to pretend otherwise. I understand...please continue.

Stories: Lots of folks have had good things to say about them, and a few haven't. I'm sorry you were one of the folks who didn't enjoy them, but if you think I'm so thin skinned as to be genuinely upset about it, I'm happy to disappoint.

Likewise, the SMAX guide got solid reviews, and you are the first person I've heard say anything negative about it. Again, I'm sorry it wasn't to your taste.

As to me whining about people "stealing from it," you can see that I was so upset by it all that I made the final version of the guide available free on the new website. Again, this doesn't make for a good point of attack for you, so I can certainly see why you'd choose to ignore it, but hey...that's just the sort of wonderfully charming person you are!

And lastly, I did not, and have never demanded anything from the owners of either site.

It has been my honor to post here for a number of years, tho that time has clearly come to an end, and now, it is my honor to post at WPC.

And having said all that, I will say good night and mean it this time.

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Too much text. Are you still here? You're spending a lot of time replying to me if you don't care. Go work on Candle'bre, please.

Sounds like you've had too much positive reinforcement to your life. No wonder you lash out at me for getting any negative reinforcement. I'm sorry to crush you, but you'll be a better man for learning from what I say.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I am guessing that they lack people with technical skills, you could help them Asher?

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• What's Candle'bre? It sounds like some crappy D&D scenario; those things always have unnecessary apostrophes.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Candle Bre is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO View Post
                  Ok if we go in the on topic and torture some newbies?
                  There aren't any, so you can't.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                    I am guessing that they lack people with technical skills, you could help them Asher?

JM
                    The biggest problem with projects like FreeCiv and Candle'bre is intelligent people know they are destined to go no where, and as such do not get involved. As a result, you get egomaniacs leading the projects and unintelligent codemonkeys implementing them.

As a result, you get games like this in 2009:
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      There aren't any, so you can't.
                      I lost track after three. But do they still complain about spearman defeating tanks ans the like. Love ripping thme for their little combat rest cheats.

Comment

• Example of a decent fan made game:

People involved:

In July 2003, David White released the first version of Wesnoth. Since then, many people have joined the project, contributing in very different ways.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          So if I made a serious, long-winded diatribe about the psychological problems that may possess her to pick predominantly male sites, plaster suggestive photos of herself everywhere (including as an avatar, for maximum effectiveness), and make endless sexual references that would not be construed as being mean or a 'diss'?

They have everything to do with eachother. We were friendly with eachother til I started mentioning the shtick of making everything a sexual pun was old. Then she put me on my ignore list and started talking **** about me to people on this site, and now she's just moved that to talking **** about me on other sites. It's the kind of stuff you'd expect from a girl in high school, to be honest...the "talk to the hand" treatment. And make no mistake, she takes EVERY OPPORTUNITY available to remind everyone who she has on her growing ignore list.
                          Wordcount: 151 (after omission). So I was right about you getting sand in the vagina about her. So you mocked her sexual puns and she stopped being your girlfriend. Why should I care? More importantly - why should you?

off to sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirotnikov View Post
                            Wordcount: 151 (after omission). So I was right about you getting sand in the vagina about her. So you mocked her sexual puns and she stopped being your girlfriend. Why should I care? More importantly - why should you?

off to sleep.
                            Lots of things piss me off and can trigger a rant. Women are not excluded. In fact, they are frequently the subject of those rants. They're illogical creatures.

Comment

• I hope that many of the people who are posting there will continue to post here.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• women are sweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X