Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is joining WePlayCiv in effect condoning Death Threats?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post

Dude, you start every single one of these. You're incredibly good at getting people to overreact to you, or at least you're good at picking targets that will, but you start it.
    The problem with this is you're now deploying smoke and mirrors to distract from the original comment. It's something you do a lot, and I've noticed. It's not very original, it's easy to spot and parry...

It's not random. I've never had any issue with Vel (mainly because he's usually not around in the OTF?) and I've never said anything about his game before now, publicly or otherwise, because I didn't care. He's taken issue with me, probably because of his close ties with some admin like Dale who're not to keen with me, and he's made posts that've taken shots at me.

I've returned fire, with truthful observations as I see it.

It's not random, and Vel is honestly asking for it by attacking me without provocation. And if you're going to assert that I provoked Vel, I suggest you look again both here and at WPC before you make yourself look like a fool.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      The problem with this is you're now deploying smoke and mirrors to distract from the original comment. It's something you do a lot, and I've noticed. It's not very original, it's easy to spot and parry...

It's not random. I've never had any issue with Vel (mainly because he's usually not around in the OTF?) and I've never said anything about his game before now, publicly or otherwise, because I didn't care. He's taken issue with me, probably because of his close ties with some admin like Dale who're not to keen with me, and he's made posts that've taken shots at me.

With irrelevant ones. Stuff like "Candle'bre sucks" is a big, stupid ad hominem.

Comment

Namedropping Judaism in every thread is every bit as obnoxious is trying to make everything a sexual pun.

So again, his only sin is that he failed to amuse you.
        "failed to amuse me" is putting it lightly. "Annoys the hell out of me" is more accurate. It's not just the Judaism namedropping wherever it is humanly possible (and then some), it's everything about him. He's a man with NO sense of humour at all. He's a man that doesn't do the most BASIC bit of research on something he discusses and expects other people to do the legwork for him. He constantly posts in the same themed threads despite not having any experience with anything in it, and without any true interest in the subject matter, but he still makes attempts to troll me there. If you want an example, look at the Console Wars threads in Other Games.

To say it is obnoxious is putting it lightly.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

With irrelevant ones. Stuff like "Candle'bre sucks" is a big, stupid ad hominem.
          I guess you just didn't comprehend what was said.

Vel claimed I kept starting "LOOK AT ME" threads (specifically mentioning the Dale-death-threat thread) and had a big ego. It is NOT irrelevant to point out that he is a man that has a vanity project of his own that he has a LOOK AT ME attitude about incessantly (look at his sig, for instance).

It's absolutely relevant, and it's not an ad hominem.

Do you need me to further explain the connection here or have you pieced it together?

Comment

• I personally wish that LOTM would come back to the OT.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• edit: re: lotm

He only started posting in that console thread after you really pissed him off.

Just put him on your ignore list. Don't try to drive him off the site.

Comment

• I have to back Asher up on the Vel thing; I'm the one who's been needling Vel, not Asher. Vel's comments about Asher on WPC were unprovoked.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I guess you just didn't comprehend what was said.

Vel claimed I kept starting "LOOK AT ME" threads (specifically mentioning the Dale-death-threat thread) and had a big ego. It is NOT irrelevant to point out that he is a man that has a vanity project of his own that he has a LOOK AT ME attitude about incessantly (look at his sig, for instance).
                  It is. "YOU DO IT TOO" isn't a defense.

You do start "look at me" threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                    I have to back Asher up on the Vel thing; I'm the one who's been needling Vel, not Asher. Vel's comments about Asher on WPC were unprovoked.
                    Fair enough.

Comment

It's not random, and Vel is honestly asking for it by attacking me without provocation. And if you're going to assert that I provoked Vel, I suggest you look again both here and at WPC before you make yourself look like a fool.

A growing number of people are making the observation that you are at the centre of many of these forum dramas. The other protagonists change, but you are always there for the curtain call.

How many posters now are ex-members (effectively) of this site after one of the many plays?

This recent split seems to have been largely caused by a disagreement over how to handle the situation with the OT of which you are the lightning rod, or poster child.

I'm not surprised that a few people are taking their shots on the way out. Are you?
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It is. "YOU DO IT TOO" isn't a defense.

You do start "look at me" threads.
                        Are you seriously saying the Dale Thread was a "look at me" thread?

What else do you expect someone to do when the admin have previously deceived me about the same subject previously? Dealing with it via PM is inadequate, it needed to go out in the open. Once it was exposed to the public, the previous admin couldn't resort to their shove-it-under-the-rug treatment.

And, I can tell you, the only way to get the previous admin to do something that was right and not something that shafted me was to go public with it. If it was private, they'd just tell me I was a troll and I deserved it. When it's public, they had to change their tune because it was so blatant.

Don't confuse strategy with starting LOOK AT ME threads for fun. I like the site, I didn't like being shafted by admin, and over the years I knew precisely how to deal with it.

Comment

• [q=Asher;5591269]Are you seriously saying the Dale Thread was a "look at me" thread?[/q]

Of course it was. You love being at the center of these things.

That doesn't mean it was unjustified.

Comment

Various observations:

Ragging on Ali C is getting really really old. The points have all been made. If you actually don't want to read her posts, put her on ignore, but the worst offense she's committed is not being very funny.

Asher is a drama queen.

Dale is pathetic and a creep, but whatever, those are a dime a dozen on the web. The real problem was (IMO) the abuse of authority.

Asher has a truly obnoxious habit of declaring that basically all the Civ fan content is worthless. It's part of item 2. Ignore it; he's only doing it to troll you. Oh, he'll declare that he believes it, and he probably does because he's good at that sort of doublethink, but the whole thing has been done before and anyone who pays attention to it is an idiot. Asher just lashes out at whatever his target of the time cares about; when that was lotm, Asher decided to constantly hound him about Judaism. It really doesn't say anything about the merits of whatever he's whining about.

edit: final note about Asher: he never quite grew out of the "let's interpret everything as literally as possible because it makes me look really smart" phase. Don't engage him on those grounds, because he's fairly good at grabbing a tangent and making a whole thread revolve around it.
                            All of this is quite right.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                              A growing number of people are making the observation that you are at the centre of many of these forum dramas. The other protagonists change, but you are always there for the curtain call.

How many posters now are ex-members (effectively) of this site after one of the many plays?

This recent split seems to have been largely caused by a disagreement over how to handle the situation with the OT of which you are the lightning rod, or poster child.

I'm not surprised that a few people are taking their shots on the way out. Are you?
                              I'm a polarizing figure. I get that.

I'm not surprised at all. I just wish those taking their shots could be men about it, rather than what they're doing now. If they're not abusing their powers, they're talking **** about me on a site they know I won't reply to.

There's a reason these kind of people don't like me, and it's usually because I don't like them. And I don't like them because they're the kind of people who do **** like this. Common theme: lack integrity.

Comment

That doesn't mean it was unjustified.
                                So what you're saying is it is irrelevant.

Here you go again, smoke and mirrors.

Doesn't work on me, Kuci.

Comment

Working...
                                X