Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is joining WePlayCiv in effect condoning Death Threats?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Velociryx View Post
    Sweetheart, I feel about as threatened by you as I feel by my cat.

Your ego alone made it a sure thing you'd be reading the posts over there, and you've proved the prediction wasn't in error, so again, hardly "behind your back."

And if you think that bit was insulting, I refer you back to the multitude of zingers you've cast in your day. By comparison, my comment was barely a blip, but "barely a blip" doesn't give you any room to be the wounded saint, so again, I understand the need to blow it all out of proportion.

It's mildly pathetic, but also rather interesting to watch, so...you continue your temper tantrum...make sure this thread has at least two new pages of rants from you in it by tomorrow, and when I wake back up, I'll have all sorts of new reading material.

Thanks in advance.

-=Vel=-
    Wow you're ****** Vel.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Sweetheart, I feel about as threatened by you as I feel by my cat.
      Then stop talking **** about me behind my back. It's not theoretical physics..

I don't even really know who you are aside from your reputation as the guy who is making a vapourware lameduck strategy game, but you've repeatedly made posts aimed in my direction over the past few months that have become increasingly insulting. What's most perplexing is in each one you pretend to be some kind of pious saint. Ridiculous.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Wow you're ****** Vel.

You're just now noticing this?
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

May I ask why you did not want to give the new owners a chance?

Easy enough to post on two forums, and I'll likely lurk to see how the on-topic sections fare under the new administration. If there's a change on the wind, it would certainly prompt me to participate, but for the time being, I think I'll spend my energies helping the startups find their footing.

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Shouldn't you go back to spreading lies at the other site? Why waste your time here with this nonsense when you can be more productive?

There's probably all sorts of fresh meat over there for you to send your pictures to and gain a new fanbase. This must be thrilling for you.
            Actually, that is uncalled for. Having read what she wrote in WPC, she is more courteous and fair posting about you, than you are about her.

Also, she spends much less time obsessing over your personality, than you do about hers. You appear to be unable to contain yourself, repeatedly being abusive in every thread she posts, regardless if it has to do with you.

Everyone on this forum has a 'schtick' and an easily mockable personality, me and you included. You claim to be a big boy. Fill the part.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
              Wow you're ****** Vel.

You're just now noticing this?
              Mostly I've just been ignoring him because I didn't find his posts humourous.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Mostly I've just been ignoring him because I didn't find his posts humourous.

That's a good policy. He really is one of the most tiresome posters on Poly.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov View Post
                  Actually, that is uncalled for. Having read what she wrote in WPC, she is more courteous and fair posting about you, than you are about her.
                  Are you referring to her posts from today or the posts where she tries to psychoanalyze me over the past several years?

Either way it's inappropriate for her to do on another site.

Also, she spends much less time obsessing over your personality, than you do about hers.
                  Patently false. I just reply to her posts, she posts about me on other sites I don't even have accounts at.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

May I ask why you did not want to give the new owners a chance?

Easy enough to post on two forums, and I'll likely lurk to see how the on-topic sections fare under the new administration. If there's a change on the wind, it would certainly prompt me to participate, but for the time being, I think I'll spend my energies helping the startups find their footing.

-=Vel=-

Isn't it sort of handicapping the new owners to have most of the staff walk?

What do you expect them to be able to do?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• The reason for any division or ill-will here is all the constant sniping and flaming that goes on.

Want WPC to fail utterly? Help make Apolyton better and more successful. If 6 months from now Apolyton is a robust & growing site then WPC will wither away. If instead we stay bitter and just ***** about them or anything else that happens things will continue to decline and the folks who are sick of all the negativity will migrate away.

So yea, I think starting up another civ site at this time is a pretty low move, but that should motivate us to make this one better, not throw fits about it.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• So yea, I think starting up another civ site at this time is a pretty low move

It's not really "another civ site", is it? It's eventis with lesser posters...

Joncha and Spiffor, forever.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Some of the stuff Ming endured, especially in his early days as mod, were pretty appalling.
                          And quite creepy.
                          Leave Ming's Gay Lover out of this. He was a respected and beloved member of the community whose time was too short.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                            Isn't it sort of handicapping the new owners to have most of the staff walk?

What do you expect them to be able to do?
                            I didn't prompt the staff to abandon ship, and I'm not sure I could have prevented it, even if I had tried (which I didn't).

I'm staff, yes, but my moderation is limited to the Candle'Bre forums, which have not been singed by the recent hostilities (we have one reliable troll who comes to pay us periodic visits, but none besides that) - this to say that my absence will surely not cause any great hardship to the new owners.

As to what I expect them to be able to do...honestly I'm not sure 'poly can be saved at this point, so the answer there is "I don't know."

For me, the choice came down to either starting fresh or trying to "save the patient" and I went with the option I saw as having the higher chance of succeeding.

-=Vel=-
                            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Are you referring to her posts from today or the posts where she tries to psychoanalyze me over the past several years?
                              Maybe I have missed some, but I think I covered most, and even in those she was certainly not mean, or intentionally trying to diss you. Perhaps I've overglanced, but that is my judgement so far.

Either way it's inappropriate for her to do on another site.
                              Psychoanalyzing you is an interesting occupation, that I sometimes engage in away from poly, without your knowledge, and without you being able to respond. Is that so wrong?

Patently false. I just reply to her posts, she posts about me on other sites I don't even have accounts at.
                              You certainly do not reply to her posts. Much of the time you make personal jabs and mock the way she suposedly corresponds with other people - things that have nothing to do with her disagreement with you.

Anyways, this is proving an excellent psychology experiment. Maybe we could start a betting pool regarding which forum will be left standing in 6 months to a year?

Comment

• I just saw that one of my trolls from Eventis is being used to further a discussion on pre-Han political thought in China. Looks like I'm already one of the most insightful posters on WPC.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X