No announcement yet.

Prediction Thread: When Will Ukraine Conquer Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia has failed to get re-elected as a member of the UN's human rights council.

The state was expelled from the top human rights body last April after its forces invaded Ukraine. It had hoped getting a fresh three-year term would highlight divisions between UN member states over whether or not to keep supporting Ukraine.

But Bulgaria and Albania won the two seats allocated for Eastern European countries instead. The vote came days after a Russian missile attack that killed 52 people in the north-eastern Ukrainian village of Hroza.

Russia received 83 votes in favour from the UN's 193 general assembly members, while Bulgaria got 160 and Albania got 123.

Earlier, Albania's ambassador Ferit Hoxha had said it was important for member states to show it was not ready to "take an arsonist for a firefighter".

Russia had promised to find "adequate solutions for human rights issues" and said it wanted to stop the body becoming an "instrument which serves political wills of one group of countries" - understood to be a reference to the West.

Diplomats said it was hoping to regain some international credibility after being accused of widespread rights abuses in Ukraine and inside its own borders.

Russia had claimed it would win the votes of many member states - particularly developing nations - in the secret ballot, suggesting they privately sympathised with Moscow but avoided doing so in public to avoid angering Western states.

Russia is said to have campaigned aggressively, offering small countries grain and arms in return for their votes.

Moscow's ambassador to the UN, Vassily Nebenzia, accused the US of leading a campaign to stop them from returning to the council.

The state was suspended from the human rights council in April 2022 with 93 members of the UN general assembly voting in favour, 24 against and 58 abstaining.

The council will consist of the following countries from 2024, for three years: Albania, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burundi, China, the Ivory Coast, Cuba, Dominican Republic, France, Ghana, Indonesia, Japan, Kuwait, Malawi and the Netherlands.
    ​
    The state was expelled from the body last April after its forces invaded Ukraine.
    Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

Tell us your sources sob stories that show you they must be credible.
      How far back would you like to go? One of my heroes died recently, Daniel Ellsberg exposed the war machine's lies in Vietnam. Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, Chelsea Manning, Glenn Greenwald, Aaron Mate, there's a few more. People who paid the price for exposing our torture program.

Comment

• None of that establishes any of them as having enhanced credibility rather they are all established as having an axe to grind against the US. I want to hear about how your news journalists stories demonstrate their honesty and incorruptibility.

Comment

None of that establishes any of them as having enhanced credibility rather they are all established as having an axe to grind against the US. I want to hear about how your news journalists stories demonstrate their honesty and incorruptibility.
          The axes followed the punishment for telling the truth which is how they demonstrate their honesty and incorruptibility

Comment

• Berzerker
            Berzerker commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you think Daniel Ellsberg demonstrated his honesty and incorruptibility?

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude, the Pentagon papers was over 50 years ago. It was a discrete, specific revelation of a brave and committed man of principle.
            Comparing your stable of contemporary, scattergun conspiracy theorists and whatabout artists to Daniel Ellsberg is an embarrassing insult to the memory of a man you claim as a personal hero.

• Here's what I said:

"One of my heroes died recently, Daniel Ellsberg exposed the war machine's lies in Vietnam. Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, Chelsea Manning, Glenn Greenwald, Aaron Mate, there's a few more. People who paid the price for exposing our torture program."

Ellsberg cited Assange and Manning as 2 of his heroes and I'm sure he thinks highly of Snowden, Greenwald, Mate and the people exposing the torture program - thats parts of what his heroes did. I think Ellsberg gave lengthy interviews to both Greenwald and Mate, so I dont know who on the list is this insult to his memory. I mean, it aint like I voted for the people persecuting Ellsberg's heroes.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Rarely do you cite any of those people. I was referencing the motley collection of YouTubers, podcasters, et al. that you afflict us with on a nearly daily basis.

• Berzerker
            Berzerker commented
            Editing a comment
            I was asked for sources who've paid a heavy price for their reporting, not youtubers. The main youtuber I post here is the comedian Jimmy Dore and he regularly relies on the same sources, mostly on the ones who are still active. You vote for the people persecuting Ellsberg's heroes and accuse me of insulting his memory because I post videos of Jimmy Dore? I'd bet $$$ Ellsberg viewed Dore positively too, Dore is certainly a fan of his. I get criticized for posting links and for not posting links.

• Some 2,000 troops are reportedly involved in what is described as the largest-scale attack in the area.

If Russia punches through at Avdiivka the initiative will have changed hands to Russia perhaps for good. The west could have avoided that by sending Ukraine everything they sent as soon as it was possible, rather than boiling the frog. The US alone could also have secured Ukrainian victory by promptly lend-leasing to the Ukrainians every Abrams that could be shipped to the Ukrainians , let alone shipping every Abrams or other gear that is nearly useless in Asia to the Ukrainians.

Rule number one in intervening in foreign wars.

1. Pick the side that will win and make sure it does.

Comment

• The ISW report about the incident from yesterday says that the attack isn't progressing well. Actually, it's a perfect example on why the Ukrainians doesn't do such things after their first few attempts early in their offensive.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              The ISW report about the incident from yesterday says that the attack isn't progressing well. Actually, it's a perfect example on why the Ukrainians doesn't do such things after their first few attempts early in their offensive.
              It's a very large combined arms attack. If Russia doesn't punch though and Ukraine holds the field then it will indicate a lot more trouble for Russia. Of course it's also a location Ukraine can scarce afford to lose to it would seem to be forcing a decisive outcome either way.

Comment

• The reports I've seen indicate that the Russians got their asses handed to them near Avdiivka.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67095103

If Russia punches through at Avdiivka the initiative will have changed hands to Russia perhaps for good. The west could have avoided that by sending Ukraine everything they sent as soon as it was possible, rather than boiling the frog. The US alone could also have secured Ukrainian victory by promptly lend-leasing to the Ukrainians every Abrams that could be shipped to the Ukrainians , let alone shipping every Abrams or other gear that is nearly useless in Asia to the Ukrainians.

Rule number one in intervening in foreign wars.

1. Pick the side that will win and make sure it does.
                  very Wilsonian of you... but what brain trust actually thought Russia would lose?

Comment

• Nato secy general admits rejecting draft treaty to spare Ukraine this war

propaganda and narratives... This is why BluAnon is more misinformed than QAnon

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                      The ISW report about the incident from yesterday says that the attack isn't progressing well. Actually, it's a perfect example on why the Ukrainians doesn't do such things after their first few attempts early in their offensive.
                      Wasn't there already a grand Russian offensive launched earlier this year in the Kupiansk-Kharkiv region? Not to mention the big push south announced by Berz...
                      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                        https://youtu.be/Sw0aZFYdGwo

Nato secy general admits rejecting draft treaty to spare Ukraine this war

propaganda and narratives... This is why BluAnon is more misinformed than QAnon
                        It wouldn't necessarily mean anything if he had. But when in the video was it?

Comment

• Berzerker
                          Berzerker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          1:20-1:45m

• Geronimo
                          Geronimo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I hope I don't have to watch 25 minutes of video to see him say that NATO rejected Ukraine and Russia's draft treaty.

• You can tell Berz is a Trump fan... He resorts to silly nick names thinking it proves his point... BluAnon
                        Did you get that from a video as well...
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Berzerker
                          Berzerker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Trump is irrelevant, put someone else in his place and Democrats would still have the conspiracy mill in overdrive. Thats what makes it so hilarious when they tell us they need to censor the internet to protect us from misinformation.

• Ming
                          Ming commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He doesn't seem irrelevant to you since you are playing the same childish games he does by coming up with silly nicknames and using them in an attempt to insult people that don't agree with him. And I will bet you saw the term BluAnon on some video and simply repeated it in lame attempt to be insulting.

• Originally posted by BeBMan View Post

Wasn't there already a grand Russian offensive launched earlier this year in the Kupiansk-Kharkiv region? Not to mention the big push south announced by Berz...
                        I made that prediction before finding out that force was not meant to take Kiev but only pressure Zelensky into making a deal - which it did and was withdrawn. The next time it will be larger.

Comment

Working...
                        X