Prediction Thread: When Will Ukraine Conquer Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prediction Thread: When Will Ukraine Conquer Russia

We'll define "conquest" as "Putin realizes that, if he wants Russia and Ukraine to be one country, the fastest way is to leave the execution of this plan to the side of the conflict which has to date shown the slightest bit of competence and/or fighting spirit."

Poll will time out when Ukraine conquers Russia, assuming I make a poll. I might **** that up, though as far as I know I have no Russian ancestry.
    When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter lies with Mars
    40.00%
    What do you mean, African or European?
    20.00%
    Hell, I don't know
    20.00%
    Borscht!
    20.00%
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Russia is bringing troops from the Far East into Ukraine. I think China’s friendship with no limits will lead them to generously move Chinese troops into Russia’s Far East to protect their friends in the absence of their own troops.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Wondering if Xi still thinks siding with Putin was a great idea.
        Blah

Comment

Can I vote in your poll if I have Ukrainian ancestry?

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sure, why not. Bear in mind it will introduce bias and undermine its scientific validity. But if you can live with that on your conscience, go ahead.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

oj i am drunbk - but this thread is almost a MWHX post. which nmeans.... you didnt really try. but this i mwan,. there is aleary a post like thjis. which means. you mjust be drunbk. iam!!!!!

Comment

This is the dawning of the age of aquarius.

Also, Ukraine will most probably end up retaking control of the separatist regions, and maybe Crimea. Does that count as invading Russia?
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

how can you say that? no one... NO ONE would have said where russia is now with this when this started. the world is more colorful than you know.

Comment

Zelensky should invite Xi to Kiev, and offer China everything east of the Urals for its cooperation.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                    Zelensky should invite Xi to Kiev, and offer China everything east of the Urals for its cooperation.
                    Nah...China is well on the way to getting control there anyway. The region has been flooded with Chinese workers. Why take by force that which you can conquer by cultural take-over?
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is what the US has done with Canada. No need to invade.

• MatthewDavid
                      MatthewDavid commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Uncle Sparky what do you think of Denys Arcand's "American Empire" films from the mid 80s to recently 2018? As in "Decline of the American Empire" (1986), "Jesus of Montreal" (1989/1990) "The Barbarian Invasions" (2003), "Days of Darkness" (2007), and "Fall of the American Empire" (2018). basically comparing American Empire to Roman Empire.

It's the American Way.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

If Russians are celebrating the defeat of fascism, maybe they could ootshay utinPay?

Comment

*Aligns
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

In mass communication we were taught that those in proxima were much more in danger for culture assimilation.

which means brits are f cked.

Comment

Working...
                          X