X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pchang View Post
    I agree with #1.I would add:
    4.) Push Russia back to the lines as they were on February 23, 2022. 90%
    I think this is the most likely unless Russia uses nukes or Ukraine makes an enormous strategic blunder that Russia actually manages to exploit.

Comment

The solution may be for the counter offensive to get close to Crimea and let Russia keep it as part of a peace deal.
      Allowing Russia to save a tad bit of face...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That might be a hard sell in Ukraine. Also, **** Russia, and **** letting them save any bit of face.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
          The solution may be for the counter offensive to get close to Crimea and let Russia keep it as part of a peace deal.
          Allowing Russia to save a tad bit of face...
          I guess it could come to that, but I think that is more and more unlikely. The war crimes have truly pissed the Ukrainian people off. Whenever I think of things like this, I try to put it into perspective from my country. Would we be willing to trade territory for peace? I don't think so. I think the Ukrainians are at the point that they don't think so either.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Will the Russians see Ukrainian control of territory as Russia trading territory for peace? I certainly hope not.

Comment

It should be reasonably easy for Ukraine to retake Azov and Rostov-na-Danu... maybe Russia would trade them for Crimea and Putin's head on a spike?
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I don't think it will be easier to capture Rostov than Crimea, and not only because the former is unquestionably Russian.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

If the Ukraine meets with too much military success we may reach the point where the "West" needs to compel the Ukraine to make peace.

A disintegration of the Russian Federation is a prospect too unpalatable to contemplate for a host of reasons starting with the potential loss of control of nuclear weapons and possible Chinese invasion of bits of Siberia. What then?

Comment

Originally posted by Egbert View Post
                    If the Ukraine meets with too much military success we may reach the point where the "West" needs to compel the Ukraine to make peace.

A disintegration of the Russian Federation is a prospect too unpalatable to contemplate for a host of reasons starting with the potential loss of control of nuclear weapons and possible Chinese invasion of bits of Siberia. What then?
                    Where is Putin coming up with his hysterical hyperbole about a "disintegration" of Russia anyway? How could any combination of events in Ukraine trigger a Russian disintegration?

Comment

Catastrophic defeats, even in foreign countries, are known to cause the disintegration of authoritarian regimes.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                        I don't think it will be easier to capture Rostov than Crimea, and not only because the former is unquestionably Russian.
                        Voronezh and Rostov are not recognised as Russian, at least according the very well-informed British Prime MInister/Former Foreign Secretary.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

Voronezh and Rostov are not recognised as Russian, at least according the very well-informed British Prime MInister/Former Foreign Secretary.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ct-2022-02-11/
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

There is more than one Rostov. The one on the Don River could be arguably part of Ukraine. So could Azov.
                            And I'm 100% sure that if the Ukrainian's held a free and fair (Kremlin like) referendum to have those areas freely join Ukraine, 98% of the citizens would freely vote to join Ukraine.
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I'm sure those Russian referendumses will come in the form of fully democratic polls, esp. in areas Russia only controls partially. Maybe those from the Ukrainian side could vote by mail. This would also allow Putin to claim the results were stolen, so win-win.
                              Blah

Comment

I read that soldiers were going door to door to hand out and collect ballots in order to "maintain the security of the vote".
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X