Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another long and interesting perun thing :

Serb, there are no russian tictoc's so don't bother
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
      Yet another long and interesting perun thing :

Serb, there are no russian tictoc's so don't bother
      There needs to be transcripts. Who has an extra hour to kill?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
        There needs to be transcripts. Who has an extra hour to kill?
        Still working full time, playing CIV VI, doing lots of other stuff and having time to watch this
        I actually feel sorry for you youngsters that barely can handle a tiktok thing.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• I watch a few 1 hour things. It's just that transcripts are preferred for saving time when it's basically a recorded lecture.

Comment

• Finally Russia gets a real mighty piece of equipment:

Ukraine war: Vladimir Putin gets a tractor for his 70th birthday

A tractor is one of the odder gifts for Vladimir Putin, as Russia's president, a pariah in the West since his invasion of Ukraine, turns 70.

It was given him by his Belarusian ally, Alexander Lukashenko, whose country boasts a tractor works.

Mr Lukashenko confirmed the news as he visited his fellow strongman's home city, St Petersburg, for talks.

(...)
            Gifts for Russia's embattled president include a tractor from Belarusian ally Alexander Lukashenko.

So far Ukraine had a clear advantage in tractor deployments, so this could be a real gamechanger
            Blah

Comment

• Any predictions on when Ukrainians will take Vladivostock and Petropavlovsk?

Comment

• Wild prediction: Kherson (the city) will be back in Ukrainian hands at some point this year. Siberia will declare itself independent in protest a week later or so, with Serb being crowned King of Siberia, holding grand speeches about weak westerners 24/7. Nukes will not be used as China has not authorized Putin to do so
                Blah

Comment

• This is precisely the sort of thing we have poly OT for

Comment

• Ukraine blows up (part of) the bridge used by the Russian army to supply Crimea. Russia declares it a terrorist action, and proceeds to launch 61 missile strikes, 32 airstrikes and over 92 shellings with MLRS on cities all over Ukraine, including the German consulate in Kiev (it has been empty since February though). At least 19 civilians dead and over 100 wounded. The hypocrisy is incredible.

All of this is happening while they are being forced to retreat by the Ukrainian army.

They could be actually targeting the Ukrainian army, but it seems like they prefer to terrorize civilians.

It is seriously depressingly sad, but the parallels to Hitler keep popping up.

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Yep and there's no doubt Hitler would have nuked everything if he could. Kinda scary.
                      "

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                        Ukraine blows up (part of) the bridge used by the Russian army to supply Crimea. Russia declares it a terrorist action, and proceeds to launch 61 missile strikes, 32 airstrikes and over 92 shellings with MLRS on cities all over Ukraine, including the German consulate in Kiev (it has been empty since February though). At least 19 civilians dead and over 100 wounded. The hypocrisy is incredible.

All of this is happening while they are being forced to retreat by the Ukrainian army.

They could be actually targeting the Ukrainian army, but it seems like they prefer to terrorize civilians.

It is seriously depressingly sad, but the parallels to Hitler keep popping up.
                        Umh. If I recall correctly the German Luftwaffe was focusing on attacking the Royal Air Force until the British bombed Berlin. Hitler then became angry and order the focus of bombing to shift to British cities. A parallel to Hitler, indeed!

Comment

• N35t0r
                          N35t0r commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, that was what I meant.

A lost Ju-88 (I think, it could have been a Henkel) over England was running low on fuel, so they decided to drop their bombs and return. These landed somewhere in London, and angry Churchill vowed to hit Berlin in return. It was risky but succeeded (at the time, the Germans weren't on a full war economy still and there were no blackout orders after dark). Hitler lost it (more) and vowed to drown London in explosives. The rest is history.

• V-weapons use.
                        Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBMan View Post
                          V-weapons use.
                          What are they this time around? Super-EMP nukes? I wonder how hardened (if at all) NATO countries have become against those. Zero progress at all would be bitterly disappointing but not really surprising.

Comment

• PLATO
                            PLATO commented
                            Editing a comment
                            U.S. systems are NBC capable. They are designed to operate on a nuclear battlefield, Each is equipped with an NBC system.

• Given that their conventional super-ultra-best west-killing weapons have so far been curiously absent from the conflict, I seriously doubt any of those exist.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                            Given that their conventional super-ultra-best west-killing weapons have so far been curiously absent from the conflict, I seriously doubt any of those exist.
                            I think some ghastly Dr Stranglovian nuclear WMDs would go a long way to explain why Putin was so confident in attacking despite his conventional forces being so underwhelming vs NATO. If all he had was bluff I don't think he would have kept doubling down. I also don't think anyone should back down in the face of those ghastly Dr. Strangelovian WMDs.

Comment

Working...
                            X