Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

What should NATO do?
    Fire missiles at Russian soil in return?
    If the launchers were on occupied territory, then NATO should take them out and nothing more. If they are on Russian territory, then NATO should take out a couple of random launchers that are on Occupied territory. At the same time, they need to make sure Russia knows that this is only tit for tat and no further attack will take place unless they escalate. Anything less and the West "Defend every inch" comment loses legitimacy.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post

If the launchers were on occupied territory, then NATO should take them out and nothing more. If they are on Russian territory, then NATO should take out a couple of random launchers that are on Occupied territory. At the same time, they need to make sure Russia knows that this is only tit for tat and no further attack will take place unless they escalate. Anything less and the West "Defend every inch" comment loses legitimacy.
      This

Comment

• What are the chances that two "stray" missiles hit a grain solo and kill two people? Not good right?
        "

Comment

• they may have been misfired missiles from Ukraine, or strays that were aimed at Russian missiles.

https://twitter.com/PanasukPetr/stat...01196564738051
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• EPW
            EPW commented
            Editing a comment
            Good call

• But surely NATO has the ability to track all these missiles with precision? Poland is acting like they came for Russia.
          "

Comment

Just read that Russian missiles strayed into Poland and killed two people. This could get ugly fast.
            Supposedly it hit at or near a "grain drying facility" during the single largest missile barrage of the entire war. Russia has had to pull out some positively ancient missiles from storage. We are talking 1960's vintage missiles which were not accurate to begin with and now they are 60 years old without being properly stored. I could easily see this being a stray missile which malfunctioned.

I don't know though as we only have one report so I guess we will have to wait for more information..
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
              they may have been misfired missiles from Ukraine, or strays that were aimed at Russian missiles.

https://twitter.com/PanasukPetr/stat...01196564738051
              I doubt the Ukrainians fired backwards. Most likely Dinner has it right and these were ancient pieces of crap. Nonetheless, it is Russia's responsibility to make sure that their weapons don't kill NATO country citizens on a NATO country's territory. They need to be reminded of that apparently.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I doubt the Ukrainians fired backwards. Most likely Dinner has it right and these were ancient pieces of crap. Nonetheless, it is Russia's responsibility to make sure that their weapons don't kill NATO country citizens on a NATO country's territory. They need to be reminded of that apparently.
                Apparently, another missile Russia fired hit a russian city killing 4 and wounding 6 outside a pharmacy
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• PLATO
                  PLATO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Own goal?

• Dinner
                  Dinner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is sounding more and more that Russia is just firing ancient crap which malfunctions because that is all they have.

• One missile malfunctioning, sure. But two at the same time to the same location? No way. A targeting error perhaps, but not a malfunction.
                "

Comment

• PLATO
                  PLATO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good Point!

• N35t0r
                  N35t0r commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Two out of two? Yes.

Two out of a couple hundred, when, as Oerdin mentions, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel? More likely.

There was a video of Ukraine capturing a vintage T-62. Not modernized. No ERA.

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                One missile malfunctioning, sure. But two at the same time to the same location? No way. A targeting error perhaps, but not a malfunction.
                According to all I read, there was an ukrainian power station 20 kms away, which might have been the target of the missiles
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• So I guess the real question is: Does it really matter if an attack on NATO was an accident in this case? How do you make sure it doesn't happen again? I think NATO has to respond. Russia just killed two Polish citizens on Polish territory. To let that pass without a cost allows Russia to assume that "accidents" are forgivable. I doubt those dead folks family feel that way...and NATO shouldn't either.

Comment

• Berzerker
                    Berzerker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It would have mattered had Ukraine been a member, but not because of an errant missile in Poland. I think nato has already done enough, time we claim victory in the cold war and stop effing with people.

• Poland "contemplating" invoking Article 4 of the NATO Treaty.

Article 4:

The Parties will consult together whenever, in the opinion of any of them, the territorial integrity, political independence or security of any of the Parties is threatened.

Comment

• I don’t expect any military response.

More equipment or troops redeployed to Poland is all I see.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I would love it if NATO extended AA defense 3-400 km deep into Ukraine, 'to prevent possible future stray missiles'.

They could send longer ranged HIMARS missiles and tanks and F-16s as well.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Whatever is decided should not interfere with Russia losing in Ukraine too much.
                        Blah

Comment

Working...
                        X