politics thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming View Post
    Again... to Kid, anything that disagrees with Trump is fake news... regardless of what network it is on
    And only Trump's lies are real news... regardless of what network they are on.
    That's all you need to know.
    Defending CNN, just like Mittens.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Again.... Please post where I'm defending CNN... OH, that's right, you can't because I didn't.
      Just more BS from Kid.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Anyone know if a project like this exists in the US? I will definitely read the British one and would love to see one focused on the Americas..
        It promises to be a who’s who of those who amassed fortunes through one of the darkest chapters in human history.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
          Anyone know if a project like this exists in the US? I will definitely read the British one and would love to see one focused on the Americas..
          I wonder if there is one for all the Africans in Nigeria and Ghana and other places who profited from selling other Africans into slavery.

Let us not forget the Arabic slave traders on the east coast of Africa.

Comment

• N35t0r
            N35t0r commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't worry, the Europeans later went there and made sure they got that money back ;-)

• Egbert
            Egbert commented
            Editing a comment
            The Mongols had not finished pillaging eastern Europe when the Europeans started venturing across the ocean. Europeans have still not pillaged Mongolia to get their money back. There were also brown people in boats launching piratical attacks from Algeria and Libya upon boats containing white people which continued until the early 19th century. The piracy involved enslaving captured white people. .

Originally posted by Egbert View Post

I wonder if there is one for all the Africans in Nigeria and Ghana and other places who profited from selling other Africans into slavery.

Let us not forget the Arabic slave traders on the east coast of Africa.
          That doesn't bother people.

Comment

... because white people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

That doesn't bother people.
              Today is Australia Say to celebrate the greatest and most wonderful nation on earth so we have boneheads complaining about Captain Cook and coloniailism and the British Empire.

Captain Cook did not colonise Australia nor did he discover Australia yet his statues are vandalised.

The British Empire had a most glorious history and gave great benefits to this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Egbert View Post

Today is Australia Say to celebrate the greatest and most wonderful nation on earth so we have boneheads complaining about Captain Cook and coloniailism and the British Empire.

Captain Cook did not colonise Australia nor did he discover Australia yet his statues are vandalised.

The British Empire had a most glorious history and gave great benefits to this world.

US **** culture is spreading all over the western world unfortunately, which people like Sparky really like.

Comment

Wouldn't it speed things up if we just make Russia a NATO member?
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Egbert
                    Egbert commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Imagine it. Putin could invade Ukraine and annex it all and then invade Georgia and then Moldavia and central Asia. Not the Baltic States as they are in NATO but Finland was a Grand Duchy ruled the czar. What bout the caucasus, that could be recovered. Perhaps a bit of expansion into Mongolia, after recovering Bylorussia of course. Maybe resume the Great Northern war with Sweden that sort of ended 200 years ago. Perhaps a warm water port could be obtained as nobody likes Iran these days. As for Alaske, wait and see if Trump gets elected and trade that for a younger trophy wife to sit in the White House.

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The day we make Ukraine, Georgia, and Armenia NATO members is the day we offer Russia a membership. Russia already controls Mongolia and Belarus. Nobody wants Moldavia, including the Moldavians. If Putin (who is getting old) does take Sweden and Finland, Canada and Australia would each go up a couple of QoL places on the international charts.

• Egbert
                    Egbert commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have difficulty imagining how countries with snow and ice could possibly rank on a Quality of life index. I have never seen snow and have no desire to be anywhere that cold. Brrrrr

I wonder if Manchin has decided who will replace him. I could see the Dems ****ing this up.

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer plans to retire

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/26/polit...yer/index.html
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

There's a 70 kilometer trucker convoy traveling through Canada. American truckers have joined. I'm assuming that the fake news isn't reporting this. Truckers are ****ing pissed.

Comment

• Wezil
                      Wezil commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You do a lot of assuming. Knowledge is what you are short on.

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In Kidworld, you attack all of the MSM as fake news, but if you want media coverage, you attack the MSM for not covering your event.
                      BTW, I read about this in Huffington Post.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    There's a 70 kilometer trucker convoy traveling through Canada. American truckers have joined. I'm assuming that the fake news isn't reporting this. Truckers are ****ing pissed.
                    CBC has had it since it's beginning.
                    Here's the latest
                    While some Ottawa businesses are wondering whether to shut their doors this weekend as a convoy of truckers makes its way to Parliament Hill, others are rolling out the welcome mat.
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The various trucking organizations and lobby groups are unanimously condemning the convoy. The convoy currently has about 400 semis, so probably not 70 kms. long. The genius behind the convoy is the leader of an Alberta separatist political party, whose husband is a trucker. The protest originally was about the federal government insisting all cross border truckers must be fully vaccinated, or must isolate for 14 days upon entering Canada. Truckers must also be vaccinated to get into the US, so this protest won't effect that. Over 90% of Canadian truckers are vaccinated against COVID 19. All newspapers, TV and radio are covering it.

• Wezil
                      Wezil commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's a Conservative/right wing protest, not a trucker protest. Conservatives with trucks would be the best description. Our version of deplorables.

The vast majority of truckers are vaxxed and the various Canadian trucking organisations are opposed to the protest..

Click image for larger version

Name:	2vpvs8zflge81.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	9429047
                    Attached Files
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post

They are anti people like you, not white supremacists. They are sick and tired of people like you. Stop trying to put yourself in the place of black people. This is exactly what the communists in China do when people oppose them. They say they are prejudice against Chinese people. No wonder you strawmen for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post

I think there is a lot of real fear regarding the agenda of the "woke crowd". I think the woke people are the best thing that ever happened to the white supremacists, the Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan. I say that simply because there are a great many people who are so fearful of the woke that they will give their support to those who can be relied upon to oppose the woke.

Comment

Working...
                        X