No announcement yet.

Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For contact tracing to actually work, it has to be done right away... otherwise, it's probably too late.
    And they only did it AFTER they got bad press coverage. They were shamed into doing it.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• No. They just didn't do it right away. Take off the tinfoil hat
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        No. They just didn't do it right away. Take off the tinfoil hat

That's the whole point... they didn't do it right away. They only did after the Locals told them to do it, and they got bad press coverage for NOT DOING IT. And by then, the true effectiveness of contract tracing was lost.
        And again, they STILL HAVEN'T DONE IT for the Rose Garden SC spreader event.
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• No. That's a lie, a conspiracy theory.

Comment

• They didn't do it right away... FACT
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• And Trump continues to hold super spreader events... Here is a picture from his stop in Pennsylvania

If Trump wants to open the country back up, maybe he should tell his followers to FOLLOW COMMON SENSE GUIDELINES
              But no, Trump won't even do that to protect his supporters.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                10-to-1 the only masked guy in that photo is Secret Service.

• Kidlicious
                Kidlicious commented
                Editing a comment
                So what? A recent poll shows that Democrats have more irrational fear of the virus.

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
              And Trump continues to hold super spreader events... Here is a picture from his stop in Pennsylvania

If Trump wants to open the country back up, maybe he should tell his followers to FOLLOW COMMON SENSE GUIDELINES
              But no, Trump won't even do that to protect his supporters.
              Protest

Comment

• Over 51,000 daily cases currently - the most since August.
                36 of 50 states have increase infection rates. No states - none - have a decreased rate.

Current totals:
                221,000 deaths (717 = 7-day average; that's 4% of resolved cases)
                8,107,211 cases (51,676 = 7-day average)

If you want to hear something really depressing, we can compare US death rates with other countries... The US response to Covid-19 remains a total FAIL.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  Over 51,000 daily cases currently - the most since August.
                  36 of 50 states have increase infection rates. No states - none - have a decreased rate.

Current totals:
                  221,000 deaths (717 = 7-day average; that's 4% of resolved cases)
                  8,107,211 cases (51,676 = 7-day average)

If you want to hear something really depressing, we can compare US death rates with other countries... The US response to Covid-19 remains a total FAIL.
                  Nine other countries have more deaths per capita.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are setting the bar incredibly low: 9 WHOLE COUNTRIES ARE WORSE THAN US!
                    USA! USA! USA!

• Gee Kid... out of all the countries being measured, there are only 9 worse... and you think that's a good thing?
                  We are in the top 10 for mishandling this... that is NOT GOOD. A total epic fail on Trumps part.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• And most those countries were hit very hard in the first couple of months.

jm
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• There's many factors to consider. We had more people traveling from China, so did Italy and Belgium. You can't compare us to other countries that didn't have a lot of travel from China.

But I'm not saying we did good, far from it. We should never have trusted China.

Comment

• We weren't hit hard, compared to Belgium or Italy in the first couple of months (after China). We could have responded better then

e should be faulted for missing out when China was hit, but many countries should be faulted for that. After is what is egregious.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Do you have any evidence that they got more travel?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            LOL, Kid pretends to care about evidence.

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          Do you have any evidence that they got more travel?
                          I have evidence that they got hit harder in February and March and April. And then acted seriously in March. We are still not acting seriously today, Trump was encouraging states not to close down into April and encouraged opening before practices had been developed to mitigate the virus. Then he discouraged, and continues to discourage, practices that are proven to mitigate the virus (so the economy could open).

He has chosen the worse path possible, not even one that is productive for the Right or his political ambitions.

JM
                          (some data on states https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ronavirus-map/ )
                          (world wide https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...emic-guide-box )
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                          X