No announcement yet.

Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t be afraid of Covid-19. We all can get Regeneron, remdesivir, and round the clock care.......
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yep... He's really pissing off the people with no or limited healthcare, and all those who have lost people. What a moron
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
        Um, so it looks like he's really struggling to breath in his 'return to the white house' stunt...
        https://gfycat.com/snoopyglossyantlion
        Fingers crossed he has a massive relapse
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
          Don’t be afraid of Covid-19. We all can get Regeneron, remdesivir, and round the clock care.......

The observations, from ordinary people, here in Australia tend along the lines of "Trump gets a sumptuous hospital and unbelievable care while the poor people can't afford any health care and that stinks even though we understand POTUS is the most important job in the world". ^

Are the Americans taking a simillarly dim view of the incredible disparity in health cre?

^ We have a wonderful free public healthcare system here in Australia and we find it disgusting that the USA turns the poor away from the hospital.

Comment

• pchang
            pchang commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a dim view (and I have a s super comprehensive plan thanks to where I work). However, plenty of Kidiots think this is just fine.

We can't afford for everyone to get the same care, but HCQ is 10$.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            STFU, Kidiot.

• pchang
            pchang commented
            Editing a comment
            So, Kid, have you stocked up for yourself?

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          We can't afford for everyone to get the same care, but HCQ is 10$.

we have a wonderful public health system here in Australiastan with lots of free care.

For a real example, a bloke with lung cancer had tests, scans, surgery, chemotherapy and hospital all at no charge, The total cost to the patient was roughly A$100 (roughly US$70) for pills.

Comment

It's a matter of hospital capacity. We don't want the hospital full when someone really needs to be in the hospital

Comment

I suggest there is a long list of countries with better health care than the USA.

Here cancer, and a lot of other maladies, are treated by our public health system.

In the USA the poor get sick and die.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                The truly poor are taken care of to a very limited degree in the US. The middle class can really get screwed by their medical system.

if you're going to use the fact that the President got special treatment as evidence for that it's a fail. The President isn't treated like that because he's rich.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                if you're going to use the fact that the President got special treatment as evidence for that it's a fail. The President isn't treated like that because he's rich.

Please note that I said "we understand POTUS is the most important job in the world" with no mention of wealth. A lot of people still do not like it that anybody gets excellent care while the poor get nothing. That is an indictment of the US health care system with the important point being that the poor get nothing. Nothing.

Of course POTUS should get care given the consequences of a potentially disruptive transfer of power to a successor.

The poor should not get nothing in a rich country.

Comment

• No. If they need to go to the hospital they go to the hospital.

Comment

No. If they need to go to the hospital they go to the hospital.

How much would treatment for lung cancer cost in the USA for a person with no insurance?

Comment

I don't think ANYBODY is against Trump getting the best care possible.
                      What is pissing people off is his whole "It's nothing to be afraid of" BS. People or their loved ones that weren't able to get the same level of care don't want to hear that crap from him.
                      The fact that he is still down playing it and continuing to put other people at risk just so he can try to get reelected isn't sitting well with anybody except his rabid trumpettes.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post

How much would treatment for lung cancer cost in the USA for a person with no insurance?
                        They get treatment. You were claiming that they didn't.

The treatment costs the same. Someone must pay for it either way. There is no free health care, anywhere.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You are full of sh1t, Kid. Have you actually looked at hospital invoice numbers for insured vs. uninsured pricing?

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And they definitely do not get the same treatment.

• Originally posted by Ming View Post

I don't think ANYBODY is against Trump getting the best care possible.
                        What is pissing people off is his whole "It's nothing to be afraid of" BS. People or their loved ones that weren't able to get the same level of care don't want to hear that crap from him.
                        The fact that he is still down playing it and continuing to put other people at risk just so he can try to get reelected isn't sitting well with anybody except his rabid trumpettes.
                        If you want to be afraid of it that's your problem. I am not, and I'm not ashamed of not being afraid.

There's nothing wrong with telling people not to be afraid, but it says a lot that you are pissed off about that.

Comment

Working...
                        X