No announcement yet.

Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and here we are just about do it all again. 2016 seems like just last week. wow. trump has not destroyed the world. and those who hate trump are still free to say so and vote again for anyone else but him. nothing but a failed collusion thing. a fake impeachment. media and house dems melting down. and i am suppose to vote for who?!?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, at least put your pro-Trump word salads in the appropriate threads. Kthx.

Everybody's got COVID, COVID USA!

7 million cases. 200,000 dead.

Remember Republicans - you can get FREE masks from dumpsters behind hospitals! The lamestream media don't want you to know!
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

What do people here think Biden will do different? I know, it's hard to post without dogging trump for everything... but try. Try and stay focused on what you think Biden will do different.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Biden will lead by example and wear a mask in public. Image is important.

I think Biden will support SCIENCE and the MEDICAL COMMUNITY, not mock them.

I don't think Biden will launch lawsuits against states and municipalities that institute laws requiring citizens to follow basic public health ordinances.

I think Biden will try to ensure all Americans have access to real affordable healthcare (to the minimum degree Democrats back what should be a basic right).

Further I think Biden will try to ensure all Americans receive whatever vaccines become available (to the degree Democrats back what should be a basic right).

Those are a few off the top of my head.

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
      What do people here think Biden will do different? I know, it's hard to post without dogging trump for everything... but try. Try and stay focused on what you think Biden will do different.
      He will burn people alive in bodybags in case they have the virus.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
        Yeah... as fall approaches and cases are starting to spike around the globe again, all that nonsense from Trump and his Trumpettes that "we have turned the corner" and that it's going to go away is being shown for what it is... Total BS.
        Trump continues to ignore the threat... while being too busy to actually care about American lives. He continues to let Americans die and suffer.
        This is a lie. It's multiple lies actually. No one is letting people die. This is why you read fake news about Trump's tax returns which actually prove that he is a law abiding American that obeys the law.

New cases and active cases have been flat for a month. Daily deaths have been declining for a long time. Things are getting better. Trump is successful.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Nice post Uncle Sparky. It's good to see a post with positive points. Image it took MWHC to bring it out

Comment

1,000,000 dead from COVID 19 worldwide. USA has a little over 20% of the deaths, but India is gaining. (True India has 3X the population of the USA).
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Approximately 1.35 million people die in road crashes each year world wide

Worldwide, harmful use of alcohol kills up to 3 million people each year.

More than 5 million people die each year from diseases caused by unsafe drinking water, lack of sanitation, and insufficient water for hygiene.
              In fact, over 2 million deaths occur each year from water-related diarrhea alone

Worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 7 million deaths per year.

Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the number 1 cause of death globally, taking an estimated 17.9 million lives each year.

Comment

• Kidlicious
                Kidlicious commented
                Editing a comment
                No. You're being hysterical. He's trying to calm you down.

Whataboutism is when you have a credible accusation of wrongdoing and someone just brings up something else because they are guilty of something. Just continually being hysterical isn't the same as having a credible accusation.

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                Kid lecturing anyone on the definition of whataboutism is freaking hilarious.

Dude, I'm totally calm. MWHC reacted to the "1 million dead from Covid" post by ignoring it. Instead, he posts a series of other causes of death, as it they are relevant. They are not. Of the 5 causes of death he lists, ZERO are from an infectious disease. Three are causes of personal choice (alcohol, tobacco, driving), one is heart disease, and the other is water sanitation (an important issue).

Covid-19 has killed over 1,000,000 people in 7 months, including over 200,000 Americans. It's a serious problem, and one that can be significantly reduced by intelligent, coordinated behavior. It's also the topic of this thread.

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                I've known 2 people who have died in road accidents. Neither were wearing seatbelts. In both cases, they were thrown from the vehicles and died on the scene. In both cases there were other people in the vehicle(s) and in both cases the ones wearing seatbelts survived with relatively minor injuries.

I know many people who would have alcohol as a contributing factor to their deaths... are you suggesting we make it illegal, like in some countries?

My dad died of cancer, and smoked most of his life. The tobacco industry was able to find many doctors to testify that tobacco was good for you. Thank you for raising this point. This is why I don't believe 'doctors' who say wearing masks are bad, and having sex with demons (my ex notwithstanding) is bad.

From the CDC...

"COVID is now the No. 3 cause of death in the U.S. -- ahead of accidents, injuries, lung disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and many, many other causes," Frieden said.

The CDC says
              heart disease and cancer are the first- and second-leading causes of death

It's sad that the president won't "really" endorse some of the best ways to slow the spread, like social distancing and wearing a mask... His rallies pretty much sum it up. If he really cared about Americans and even his own loyal supporters, he would enforce wearing a mask and social distancing at his rallies... but no, he would rather listen to the applause.
              Instead, it's all about personal freedom, even if it means spreading the killing disease to others. What about the rest of America's right to live.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Astrazeneca's vaccine is probably toast (as Ming used to say ) because it creates severe new diseases in patients.

a lot of hope is being placed on pfizer's effort and we'll probably know by october

at least a full more year living with the coronavirus, which is now on its second wave

the delusional (as it proved to be) social experiment of sweden attempting herd immunity and throwing its own people under the bus grandiosuly failed. the deaths have galloped there too, on top of the previosu massive deaths

In Greece, specifically in athens and specifically in my district things are dire. thank you very much. The gov is really trying though.
                Greece still has one of the best records globally

Comment

210,000 dead Americans... and still climbing
                  And we are seeing more spikes across the country

GREAT JOB TRUMP...
                  And he continues to say we have turned the corner and it will just go away.
                  What a moron.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Donald and Melania Trump have both tested positive for Covid-19. They have entered quarantine. This appears to be real.

Early reports are they are asymptomatic, per White House medical team. I wish them a quick and full recovery. This is tragic.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      Donald and Melania Trump have both tested positive for Covid-19. They have entered quarantine. This appears to be real.

Early reports are they are asymptomatic, per White House medical team. I wish them a quick and full recovery. This is tragic.
                      It is what it is.
                      "

Comment

Has anyone tested Pence lately?
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Indeed, and same question re the folks that have been in close contact with the pres recently.

Blah

Comment

Working...
                          X