Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

if Biden continued with Obama's policies in the region we'd be much better off than we were with Trump's idiocy.

Trump abandoned or threatened allies, pushing them towards China. Recently there has been a reversal back to something more like Obama's stance, but lots of damage done in the first 3 years and the empty rhetoric still rings hollow.

You don't get anywhere fighting a diplomatic war of words with a face saving culture. Trump has lost ground to China on every front because Trump is weak, he just overcompensates by blustering and threatening.
    The US policy towards China since the Tianemin Square Massacre is the biggest foreign policy mistake in history. Do you realize that the goal was to encourage China to be good and not put their citizens in concentration camps etc... Please explain why you support the continuation of such failure.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

The US policy towards China since the Tianemin Square Massacre is the biggest foreign policy mistake in history. Do you realize that the goal was to encourage China to be good and not put their citizens in concentration camps etc... Please explain why you support the continuation of such failure.
      Trump has lost ground on every front. He hasn't fixed anything. There's a limit to what we can accomplish in regards to China, they are a sovereign nation with nuclear capacity.

Trump has moved us away from that limit, not towards it. He has weakened our bonds with allies in the region. He has even weakened gimmes like in the Philippines. His trade war has hurt the US more than China, thus relatively strengthening China. He doesn't understand negotiations, blew them up instead, and so had nothing to help Hong Kong with. Complete failure. The only "good" he's done is to reverse course a bit in the last year, to what Obama had already been doing.

Comment

No. It isn't a false dichotomy. You are accusing Trump of not acting immediately despite the fact that he was being lied to and you didn't blame the evil CCP at all. To make matters worse for you the candidate you support lied for the CCP, saying that they would let our scientists in.
        Yet New Zealand and Vietnam both were able to act in a much superior manner. Your defense is to claim Trump is too stupid to know what was obvious to anyone paying attention, and too incompetent to do anything intelligent about it.

Tapes prove he knew. We agree on his incompetence.

Comment

• COVID19 + CCP + Trump = 654 deaths/million
          COVID19 + CCP + NZ = 5 deaths/million
          COVID19 + CCP + Vietnam = 0.4deaths/million

Control for whatever values of CCP, Trump's response was horrible.

Comment

Yet New Zealand and Vietnam both were able to act in a much superior manner. Your defense is to claim Trump is too stupid to know what was obvious to anyone paying attention, and too incompetent to do anything intelligent about it.

Tapes prove he knew. We agree on his incompetence.
            You're trying to compare not acting soon enough to preventing the world from getting needed information on the virus and you're helping the CCP cover up.

Comment

Trump has lost ground on every front. He hasn't fixed anything. There's a limit to what we can accomplish in regards to China, they are a sovereign nation with nuclear capacity.

Trump has moved us away from that limit, not towards it. He has weakened our bonds with allies in the region. He has even weakened gimmes like in the Philippines. His trade war has hurt the US more than China, thus relatively strengthening China. He doesn't understand negotiations, blew them up instead, and so had nothing to help Hong Kong with. Complete failure. The only "good" he's done is to reverse course a bit in the last year, to what Obama had already been doing.
              You are wrong on so much here. I can't dispute all of what you claim, although I strongly disagree.

First of all, the tariffs against China did not hurt us at all. They hurt China. That's why our economy was so strong and China was coming to the table and negotiating. We won the negotiations. Then they let they virus spread to our country.

Second, we get along very well with the countries in the region that don't want to be dominated by China, like India and Japan. We get along fine with the PI, although China is expanding its influence.

The policy of the US has been to not limit the growth of China at all, and that would clearly be Biden’s policy. So you're being very dishonest here. You actually are pro-China but you are fronting as someone that is concerned about limiting China. Details please, because you are a Biden supporter.

Comment

• Gee... Nobody is "helping" the CCP "cover it up". Yep, China could have been more forthcoming with information, but they weren't. Nobody is saying differently.
                And if you want to put blame on China for that, fine.
                However, the rest of the world pretty much learned about it at the same time. And many countries did a good job of dealing with that information. While the US, handled it poorly.
                You want to throw ALL THE BLAME on China for preventing the World from getting needed information, but you give Trump a pass for DOING THE EXACT SAME THING.
                HE KNEW how dangerous it was... the tapes prove that. Yet he LIED to the American People about it, not giving them the information they needed. And then did very little about it.
                The Alt Right and Trump all point at how "great Trump was by imposing the Travel Ban". But his supposed Travel Ban didn't Ban Travel from China.
                His restriction on foreigners traveling from mainland China took effect on Feb. 2, but thousands of Chinese and foreign nationals from Hong Kong and Macau entered the U.S. in the three months following. Thousands of Americans and foreigners still arrived in the U.S. on direct flights from China after the restrictions were imposed.
                Plus, he was late to ban travel from Europe, which ended up being another source of the Virus in the US.
                Trump has had NO PLAN except to blame everybody else for his lack of doing something about it. He still flaunts CDC recommendations and common sense, and we see what that has done... more confirmed cases of Covid among the White House and Trumps Circle in the last few days than the total new cases of many whole counties.
                He continues to claim it's just going to go away. And his whole "Covid is a blessing from God" in regards to his own stupidity by getting it, is just plain moronic.
                Trump still doesn't get it. His actions since he tested positive proves that he doesn't give a damn about anybody or anything except his reelection.
                Covid continues to spread throughout the country, with over 210,000 Americans Dead.
                You can blame China all you want for being the source...
                But Trumps lack of action since is the reason why the US is in such bad shape compared to may other countries that did it right.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Wrong. The CCP allowed the virus to spread around the world, put out disinformation, disappeared patient zero, and refused to allow scientists to study the virus.

Trump didn't wear a mask and told you not to be afraid.

Comment

• Details please, because you are a Biden supporter.
                    I'm not a Biden supporter. He's just another corporate neocon pretending to be a progressive. But that's still better than Trump.

Comment

• And Trump did nothing else... except LIE to the American people.
                      Trump continues to put out misinformation about the virus.
                      And we've seen how well all that worked. IT HASN'T

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Trump didn't wear a mask and told you not to be afraid.
                        ... and got sick, spread it to others, won'tallow contact tracing, and got $1.5m treatment available to no one else.

Comment

... and got sick, spread it to others, won'tallow contact tracing, and got $1.5m treatment available to no one else.
                          We don't know if he spread it to anyone, and honestly, who cares? It sounds bad to you that he got the virus but that's because of the hatred in you.

As far as treatments, we have done everything to get treatments to people. Tremendous effort and progress has been made.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The fact that the administration, which loves to brag about 45 being "the most tested man in the world" re Covid, refuses to reveal the date of his last negative test. Which makes me think it was prior to the debate.

I'm not a Biden supporter. He's just another corporate neocon pretending to be a progressive. But that's still better than Trump.
                          Details? As I said, he offers nothing different than no containment.

Comment

We don't know if he spread it to anyone, and honestly, who cares? It sounds bad to you that he got the virus but that's because of the hatred in you.

As far as treatments, we have done everything to get treatments to people. Tremendous effort and progress has been made.
                            What we do know is that he was aware that he tested positive, and then knowing went out and put other people at risk.
                            And that's just pure evil, and pretty typical for Trump since he is the only person he cares about.
                            210,000 plus Americans Dead. Trumps handling of the virus has been a joke and Americans are paying the price. Covid isn't a "blessing from God"

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Details? As I said, he offers nothing different than no containment.
                              He offers the status quo before Trump, which was better than what Trump's endless failures have sunk to.

Comment

Working...
                              X