No announcement yet.

In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• These 2 self-promoting yahoos are living proof that any idiot can be elected a US representative:

Bill H.R.941, the TRANSPLANT Act, overwhelmingly passed the House in a 415-2 vote on Thursday night. This bill would reauthorize the National Marrow Donor Program, which matches bone marrow donors and cord blood units with patients who have leukemia and other diseases. The bill would help thousands of people diagnosed with leukemia and other diseases by reauthorizing the National Marrow Donor Program and the National Cord Blood Inventory for another five years.

The only two House members to vote against it were Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Lauren Boebert of Colorado.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• They don't need transplants they just need to pray harder to Jesus.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Raul Castro resigned.
          HAVANA (AP) — Raul Castro said Friday he is stepping down as head of Cuba’s Communist Party, ending an era of formal leadership that began with his brother Fidel and country’s 1959 revolution.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• There's been a Castro running Cuba for as long as I can remember (literally since 1959; I was 6).
            Weird.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              There's been a Castro running Cuba for as long as I can remember (literally since 1959; I was 6).
              Weird.

The Castro brothers and our Queen are the two (er three) leaders who have been in office since before I was born.

The first Prime Minister of our queen was Winston Churchill. When she passes it will feel like the end of an era for the dominions. And reignite squabbles about republicanism.
              (I am a very staunch monarchist)

Comment

• Could be they found the Force or something:

From sticking a magnet on a fridge door to throwing a ball into a basketball hoop, the forces of physics are at play in every moment of our lives.

All of the forces we experience every day can be reduced to just four categories: gravity, electromagnetism, the strong force and the weak force.

Now, physicists say they have found possible signs of a fifth fundamental force of nature.

The findings come from research carried out at a laboratory near Chicago.

The four fundamental forces govern how all the objects and particles in the Universe interact with each other.

For example, gravity makes objects fall to the ground, and heavy objects behave as if they are glued to the floor.

The UK's Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) said the result "provides strong evidence for the existence of an undiscovered sub-atomic particle or new force".

But the results from the Muon g-2 experiment don't add up to a conclusive discovery yet.

(snipsnap)
                Physicists may have just made a major breakthrough in our understanding of the Universe.

Take that, Midi-chlorians!
                Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                  Uncle Sparky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've been listening to The 5th Dimension since the '60s.

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	guilty guilty guilty (2).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	9419422
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                    Italian hospital employee accused of skipping work for 15 years

A hospital employee in Italy has been accused of skipping work on full pay for 15 years, local media report.

The man is alleged to have stopped turning up to work at the Ciaccio hospital in the city of Catanzaro, Puglia, in 2005.

He is now being investigated for fraud, extortion and abuse of office, Italian news agency Ansa reports.

He was reportedly paid €538,000 (£464,000) in total over the years he is thought not to have been working.

Six managers at the hospital are also being investigated in connection with the alleged absenteeism.

The arrests are the result of a lengthy police investigation into absenteeism and suspected fraud in the Italian public sector.

The employee was a civil servant, and was assigned to a job in the hospital in 2005. It was at this point he stopped going into work, the police said.

The police have also accused him of threatening his manager to stop her from filing a disciplinary report against him.

That manager later retired, police added, and his ongoing absence was never noticed by her successor or human resources.
                    The hospital worker in southern Italy earned €538,000 while not going into work, media say.
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Nice gig.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• The office will continue to prosecute other crimes related to prostitution, including patronizing sex workers, promoting prostitution and sex trafficking, and said that its policy would not stop it from bringing other charges that stem from prostitution-related arrests. - Manhattan DA's office

They wont prosecute the prostitute but will the customer? That sounds constitutionally suspect. I guess since they aren't making prostitution legal it might pass muster.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The pimps are also being charged...

• Prostitution should be legal and health checks required for all involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Prostitution should be legal and health checks required for all involved.
                          Mellowing with old age ?

BTW : i tried inserting a wink smiley but it doesn't seem to show...
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• I see two wink smilies. My DL does not.

That's something related to the downage Tuesday - I haven't been told anything, really, and don't expect it fixed before Saturday.
                            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                            X