No announcement yet.

In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City block blown up in downtown Nashville Tennessee. It was a white guy. Nothing to see here.

'Merca!
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Flash Player is dead
      Originally posted by BBC
      Adobe Flash Player is finally laid to rest

Adobe Flash Player, the browser plug-in that brought rich animations and interactivity to the early web, has officially reached the end of its life.

Released in 1996, Flash was once one of the most popular ways for people to stream videos and play games online.

But it was plagued with security problems and failed to transition to the smartphone era.

Adobe will no longer offer security updates for Flash and has urged people to uninstall it.

It will also stop videos and animations running in its Flash Player from 12 January.
      The beleaguered web browser plug-in will no longer receive security updates from Adobe.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a flash in the pan...

• Assange will not be extradited to the US.

The ability of the US to unleash violence against foreign populations depends on its domestic citizenry not being aware of the consequences. Consent for the Vietnam war, for example, began to crumble when US citizens saw footage from the conflict of screaming children with their clothes burned away by napalm, or became aware of the hundreds who were slaughtered by US forces in the My Lai massacre. Since then, the US government has become more adept at managing media coverage, including the embedding of journalists in military units. The use of drone strikes – drastically accelerated by Barack Obama, who used them 10 times more than his predecessor – killed unknown numbers of civilians who remained largely anonymous. Civilian deaths from airstrikes in Afghanistan increased by 330% in four years under Donald Trump, and he not only upped the drone strikes, he revoked a policy to publish the number of civilians killed by drone strikes outside of war zones.
      “The US war machine depends on being able to airbrush out of existence the brutal human realities. If innocent civilians can be silently killed without consequences, then there is nothing to stop even more suffering the same fate.
      Refusing to extradite Assange to the US on mental health grounds is humane, but it doesn’t protect future whistleblowers, says Guardian columnist Owen Jones
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Band's frontman reported dead at the end of last year. I think I last saw him playing a few years ago at the Senate.

ESP Signature artist Alexi Laiho of the renowned Finnish extreme metal band Children of Bodom stopped by ESP headquarters to tell some stories of his many ES...
        "Fanaticism is to superstition what delirium is to fever and fury to anger." -Voltaire

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
          Assange will not be extradited to the US.
          If you read the decision, the UK pretty much had all the intention of extraditing Assange, only they wouldn't have him over for him to essentially kill himself.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            I read the decision. I also discussed it with a friend of mine, who is a retired legal council for the Canadian Department of Justice. He believes that they made the right decision (refusing extradition) but for the wrong reasons. I agree.

• N35t0r
            N35t0r commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd love it if they didn't extradite him, but let's face it, the UK isn't that far from the US wrt being against wikileaks and Assange. The fact that they denied extradition on grounds that the us can (relatively) easily address will mean that unless the Biden Administration somehow wants to stop the request (wish i don't really think likely), or if for some reason the US thinks that promising to treat Assange like a human being sets too much of an unwanted precedent, then his extradition is just a matter of time.

• World's biggest deadbeat continues the ripoffs... Didn't Trump supporters send him millions for 'campaign expenses'?
          U.S. President Donald Trump owes millions in unpaid rally expenses to cities across America, accounting for a small sliver of the looming debt he'll face when he leaves the White House.

Comment

• Lawyer gets stuck with cat filter during virtual court case

Texas lawyer Rod Ponton was left flummoxed when he discovered his face was appearing as a cat during a court session on Zoom.

As his assistant tried to rectify the issue, he can be heard saying, "I'm here live, I'm not a cat."

Tweeting about the incident, Judge Roy Ferguson, who presided over the session, said it showed "the legal community's effort to continue representing their clients in these challenging times".
            A Texas lawyer discovered his face had been replaced by a cat video filter during a court session on Zoom

Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              How come this guy isn't on Trump's legal team? Doesn't Trump realize libtards love small furry animals?

• How to make a SW review :
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              How to make a SW review :
              We need more reviewers like this.
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Pigs can play video games with their snouts, scientists find

Four pigs - Hamlet, Omelette, Ebony and Ivory - were trained to use an arcade-style joystick to steer an on-screen cursor into walls.

Researchers said the fact that the pigs understood the connection between the stick and the game "is no small feat".

And the pigs even continued playing when the food reward dispenser broke - apparently for the social contact.

Usually, the pigs would be given a food pellet for "winning" the game level. But during testing, it broke - and they kept clearing the game levels when encouraged by some of the researchers' kind words.

(...)
                Oh great, another bastion of man over pig superiority is history now

How long until pigs will rule everything???

Despite poor vision and a severe lack of thumbs, Hamlet and other pigs could learn to be gamers.
                Blah

Comment

• Five years ago.
                  AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                  JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Sign me up

You can now be paid to drink wine at home - and get a year's free supply

HUN wines is on the lookout for its first ever consumer taste tester, and not only will you get paid £200 but you'll also get a year's supply of booze delivered to your door

With wine sourced from South Africa in a fully recyclable can, the brand think they are onto a winner but want to put the drinks through their paces by seeing if it's up to your high standards.

The lucky candidate will get one year's supply of HUN sent to their door, early access to its newest wines due to be released later this year, and £200 just to sweeten the deal.

Everything is delivered to your door so you can relax and get tasting on the sofa, and you don't need any previous experience - just a passion for wine. Think you can handle that?

All you need to do to become HUN's first ever consumer wine tester is to tell them what your favourite wine is and you'll be put into contention.

Visit the website here where you'll need to answer the question, as well as providing your name and contact email address.

You have to be 18 or older (of course) and entries close on March 9, so apply now and you might not need to shop for wine again until some point in 2022. Good luck.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• but where's the website

Comment

• Exactly ... I found the website for HUN wines, but I don't see any way to register as Tester
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• It's only for brexiteers
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                          X