In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the U.K. sure has ****ed itself.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

So is this a "no deal" brexit?

Comment

It means WTO terms.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No deal, WTO terms, or Australia-style deal, whatever you call it, is the minor problem. It looks increasingly likely that Scotland will 'take back control', declare independence and rejoin the EU. The margin according to polls is about 10% to leave now, with betting markets saying a 50:50 succesful leave vote in the next couple of years (which includes a chance there is no vote).

A lot of that shift is driven by Brexit.

Comment

• pchang
            pchang commented
            Editing a comment
            Make Britain, Britain again!

• Dauphin
            Dauphin commented
            Editing a comment
            Make Britain England again!

Do the betting markets have Ireland being unified?

Comment

About 10% chance before 2025, 20% before 2030. I don't think it a particularly liquid market though.

Comment

While we are all enjoying ex-president Donald Trump's current tantrums, I think back to the mid 2000, when Apprentice 'star' Trump was nominated for (and lost) television's Emmy awards, twice. Remember how he whined about being robbed and cheated back then? I do.

And now, Democrat Gov. Andrew Cuomo is to receive a special Emmy for his CORONA-19 briefings earlier this year... Do you think Trump will offer him a congratulatory phone call?
              The International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced that New York's governor will be recognized Monday for his "use of television to inform and calm people around the world."
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Trump doing the right thing as an act of vengeance against Big Pharma for failing to announce a vaccine before the election.
                Lower drug prices as an act of personal vengeance... could not possibly have written something like that five years ago. Now it’s ho-hum.
                President Trump on Friday announced two major actions aimed at lowering the price of prescription drugs, as he seeks to make a mark on the issue in the final months of his administration.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Now if we could just get him into a spat with oil companies...

Comment

• Well, Rex Tillerson did call him an idiot.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I thought it was “****ing moron”.

Comment

• Canadians, officials have an important message for you: "Do not let moose lick your car."

Comment

• Always good to offer choices.
                          Blah

Comment

• 2001 anyone?

Utah helicopter crew discovers mysterious metal monolith deep in the desert

What started as routine wildlife assistance took an unusual turn after a helicopter crew stumbled upon a mysterious monolith in the middle of rural Utah.
                            Blah

Comment

• I wonder how our Libertarians would handle this quagmire. I suspect this is why they spend so much time on 4Chan -
                              TOFIELD, AB Committed libertarian Rand Martens, 31, was walking home from his Dungeon’s and Dragons game this week when he found himself walking smack dab in the middle of a public sidewalk. “Oh, look at [...]

Comment

Working...
                              X