No announcement yet.

In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly in almost all cases of donations without restrictions it has been poorly used or fostered dependency. (My own experience receiving gifts included. Earned money is more precious than found money.)

Of course it has to be a good wage, something that they can see continually improving their life, not just a crap deadend job for crap pay.

Comment

North Korea has a *new* intercontinental ballistic missile... obviously Obama's fault. He didn't treat Jong-Un with the love and respect Trump did;
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Senator Hirono asked ACB if she ever raped anyone.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Democrats be like, "Don't attack her religion but make people wonder if she's a rapist."

Comment

There is hope, after all. In the meantime, I will just sit back and laugh.
            This man was sucked into QAnon for two years. Here's how he escaped the virtual cult.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              A friend of mine told me he had a mild interest in 'furry' culture.
              I told him, "You really don't want to go down that rabbit hole."

• Egbert
              Egbert commented
              Editing a comment
              I looked up this Qanon today. I have no clue how any sane person could believe such crazy nonsense. It makes alien conspiracies look realistic.
              Yikes!

Canada/US border to remained closed for one more month. I suspect it will remain closed until grownups are running the US.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Thoth
              Thoth commented
              Editing a comment
              Good. We should keep it closed all winter. We're going to have enough problems as it is without letting Yankee plague rats over the border.

• Egbert
              Egbert commented
              Editing a comment
              You need to build a wall, and make Trump pay for it.

• Thoth
              Thoth commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been saying that for 4 years now.

If Amy Coney Barrett went on a shooting rampage killing dozens in Time Square, she'd still be appointed to the Supreme Court.

Comment

New Zealand and the ACT in Australia return progressive, left-leaning environmentalist governments with increased majorities.

As an aside, both employ the Hare-Clark system of elections.

Comment

WASHINGTON, DC - Ice cream chain Baskin-Robbins recently came out with 2 new flavors of shitty ice cream to honor the upcoming US election.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                  If Amy Coney Barrett went on a shooting rampage killing dozens in Time Square, she'd still be appointed to the Supreme Court.
                  Unless the victims were pregnant. Pro-Life remember.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If they could save the fetuses, no harm done!

There's no way you can get stupider than this.

"
                  ing this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.CloseFox News
                  Login
                  Watch TV
                  MenuCONFIRMATION OF AMY CONEY BARRETT
                  Published 20 hours agoFacebook removes Babylon Bee satire mocking Sen. Hirono's treatment of Amy Barrett, says it 'incites violence'

'It's literally a regurgitated joke from a Monty Python movie!" the Bee's CEO exclaimed

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox NewsVideoHirono accuses Barrett of offensive use of term 'sexual preference'

Democrat Senator from Hawaii argues Supreme Court nominee would 'roll back' LGBTQ rights

Facebook cracked down on the conservative satirical site The Babylon Bee over an article mocking Hawaii's Democratic Senator Mazie Hirono's treatment of Supreme Court nominee Judge Amy Coney Barrett during last week's confirmation hearings.

Last Wednesday, the Bee ran a story with the headline, "Senator Hirono Demands ACB Be Weighed Against A Duck To See If She Is A Witch," alluding to the intense grilling Barrett faced from Hawaii's junior senator, who asked the judge if she had ever "sexually assaulted" anyone and scolded the nominee for using the term "sexual preference" to describe the LGBTQ community, which Barrett apologized for.

"After two days of Amy Coney Barrett gracefully and stoically answering questions with perfect recall and no notes, suspicions grew on Capitol Hill that she might be a practitioner of the dark arts," the Bee's satirical report began.

"Oh, she's a witch alright, just look at her!" the Bee fictitiously quoted Hirono. "Just look at the way she's dressed and how she's so much prettier and smarter than us! She's in league with Beelzebub himself, I just know it! We must burn her!"

BABYLON BEE STINGS CNN WITH SATIRICAL ARTICLE: THERE'S ONLY ROOM FOR 'ONE FAKE NEWS SITE'

According to the satirical piece, Hirono "then pulled a live duck out of a massive burlap sack next to her and announced: 'In addition to being a Senator, I am also quite wise in the ways of science. Everyone knows witches burn because they are made of wood. I think I read that somewhere. Wood floats, and so do ducks-- so logically, if Amy Coney Barrett weighs as much as this duck I found in the reflection pool outside, she is a witch and must be burned.'"

The image attached to the article is a clearly photoshopped image of Hirono at the hearing with a duck by her side.

Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon took to Twitter and revealed the lengthy battle his site has had with Facebook, who took down the satirical piece.

THE BABYLON BEE STINGS TWITTER CEO AFTER ACCOUNT WAS BRIEFLY SUSPENDED

"So after a manual review, Facebook says they stand by their decision to pull down this article and demonetize our page. I'm not kidding," Dillon wrote. "They say this article 'incites violence.' It's literally a regurgitated joke from a Monty Python movie!""

Comment

LOL. I mean, I feel bad for the Babylon Bee and all, but FB shutting them down because of satire criticizing a Dem Senator is rich in irony.

Also, that's 3 politics-based posts from Kid just on this page. I believe that's outside the spirit of this thread:
                    Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    Consider this the place to post news stories that have nothing do with global pandemics, politics, racial tensions, and all those other depressing stories out there...
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Good Point Jr...
                      From now on, I"m simply going to delete any political, pandemic or protest posts.
                      God knows there are other places for those discussions.
                      This is meant for Other News...
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Escaped cloned female mutant crayfish take over Belgian cemetery

Escaped self-cloning mutant crayfish created in experimental breeding programmes have invaded a Belgian cemetery.

Hundreds of the duplicating crustaceans, which can dig down to up to a metre and are always female, pose a deadly threat to local biodiversity after colonising a historic Antwerp graveyard.

"It's impossible to round up all of them. It's like trying to empty the ocean with a thimble," said Kevin Scheers, of the Flemish Institute for Nature and Woodland Research.

Marbled crayfish, which travel across land and water at night and eat whatever they can, do not occur in nature and are banned by the European Union.

Instead, the freshwater beasts, which are about 10cm big and voracious, are thought to have been bred by unscrupulous German pet traders in the 1990s.

They are similar to the slough crayfish found in Florida but are parthenogenetic, which means they reproduce with themselves and all their children are genetically identical females.

The mutation, which occurred about 25 years ago, means populations can spring up rapidly from just a single Procambarus virginalis.

In 2018, scientists established the global marbled crayfish population was descended from a single female and didn't need males to reproduce.

The EU banned possession and release of the uncanny crayfish in 2014 but it is impossible to trace the owners because all the crayfish are genetically exactly the same.

The crayfish have taken root in the pools and streams of the Schoonselhof cemetery in Antwerp, which is known as the Flemish city's Pere Lachaise.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/esc...7Y76OELOTHGPA/
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Time for Belgians to develop a taste for crayfish.

Mutant crayfish should be in the next X-Fish movie.
                        Blah

Comment

Working...
                        X