No announcement yet.

In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently at2021lwx (located near Vulpecula the Fox) started to explode some three years ago and haven't finished yet. Luckily, it's some 8 billion lightyears away, so no reason to worry

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
      Chicago kayakers discover 'Chonkosaurus' turtle

These two kayakers and their thick Chicago accents came upon a turtle so big that they and the internet have nicknamed it 'Chonkosaurus'.
      'I can only wonder what this thing has been eating,' one of the kayakers wrote on Twitter.
      https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-65529029
      Too much fast food
      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
        Apparently at2021lwx (located near Vulpecula the Fox) started to explode some three years ago and haven't finished yet. Luckily, it's some 8 billion lightyears away, so no reason to worry

https://earthsky.org/space/largest-c...ud-black-hole/
        This will be the next Micheal Bay movie.
        Blah

Comment

• Tuberski's dad passed this morning.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• pchang
            pchang commented
            Editing a comment
            Tuberski, if somehow this reaches you, you have my condolences

• Tuberski
            Tuberski commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Pchang. Slowwy told me posted it here, but I've just barely found it.

ACK!

• Sorry to hear that
          Blah

Comment

• Tuberski
            Tuberski commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks BeBMan... BeBro?

ACK!

• Very sad news. Best wishes, Tuberski.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Tuberski
            Tuberski commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Jrabbit.

ACK!

• https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/15/europ...ntl/index.html

Turkey will have a runoff election on May 28 after longtime leader President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was forced into a second round with only a narrow lead over his rival, Kemal Kilicdaroglu.

Neither candidate achieved the required 50% to take the presidency outright, after 100% of ballot boxes were opened, according to Turkey’s Supreme Election Council. All ballot boxes in the country were opened and the voter turnout rate is 88.92%, council chairman Ahmet Yener said.
          interesting development
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Appealing to religious zealots is a good way to build a strong base, but it will almost never create a majority on its own. After a while, the rest of the people will tire of increasingly theocratic rule.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• It is always difficult to lose a parent. Hopefully, Tubs can handle this difficult situation with as much grace and understanding as he is able. I am sorry for your lose.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Tuberski
                Tuberski commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Dinner.

ACK!

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
              Yes indeed. What is interesting is that he out performed the poll numbers. That raises some questions.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post

Yes indeed. What is interesting is that he out performed the poll numbers. That raises some questions.
                After 2016, you guys should be less trusting of polls
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• I never follow polls. I follow the betting odds.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Tuberski's dad passed this morning.
                    My concolences to Tuberski.

My dad also passed away this year ... in march
                    (it didn't come as a surprise however he became more and more demented during 2022, then became immobile after a CoViD infection he contracted in Hospital and had to get to a nursery home ... after 3 weeks there he contracted pulmonia of which he succumbed 2 weeks after he was taken to hospital again. It was a slow decline (and for my mother and myself a long phase of saying goodbye to him))
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Tuberski
                      Tuberski commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We thought my father had Alzheimer's, he turned very quickly.

It turns out, he had Lewy Body Dementia, when it takes you, it takes you fast.

ACK!

• My condolences to you as well. Sounds similar to what my dad experienced, but pre-Covid (it ended a few years ago)
                    Blah

Comment

• Thanks
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                      X