Who do you tip to win the US presidential election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

Almost all the pictures I have seen, almost all the reporting I have seen, and the experience of everyone I know who has personally been involved has been peaceful.

So yes, peaceful protestors.

Many democratic politicians have said they will do something about it when they have the power to do so. Biden and Harris have not supported defunding the police, which is one of the things that could possibly be done about the peaceful protestors.

The only one who seems to support aggressive actions against the peaceful protestors is Trump? or someone who did the tear gassing at Lafayette Square? Even most Trump aligned politicians/administrators and people oppose that.

JM
    Rioters aren't peaceful protesters and you don't call them peaceful protesters. You don't even talk about peaceful protesters when you are talking about rioters if you don't like rioters.

And Trump doesn't support any action against peaceful protesters. That's a lie.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Yes I watched it. It was probably the best RNC ever, a lot of emotion, instead of just graphs and such.
      I was asking if you watched you the Democratic Convention. I was pretty sure you had watched the Trump Look at Me Fest
      Only he would talk on all four days... only he would throw a convention with much of the time taken up by himself and his family.
      And let's not talk about having members of his own administration saying how good he is... That is to be expected, because if somebody says one bad word about him, they are fired and then called disgusting people.
      Again, the fact checkers are really being kept busy every time the most lying president in modern history speaks.
      So far, the lies are surpassing the few truths.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Kidlicious
        Kidlicious commented
        Editing a comment
        fAcT cHeCkErS

• Ming
        Ming commented
        Editing a comment
        Typical response from Kidiot... I guess he thinks facts and fact checkers are bad since they expose the presidents continual lies

• Well Hershel Walker gave a great speech, who has been a friend of Trump for 35 years. He defended the President from the lies. But besides that it wasn't about Trump. It was about the economy and law and order, stuff people care about.

Comment

• Melania is headlining tonight.

Comment

• Yeah.. the economy... biggest drop in GNP... high levels of unemployment... but that's ok since the stock market is doing good and all of Trumps rich buddies are happy, while many Americans continue to suffer under his rule.
          Oh, and his response to the greatest challenge in our life time... he blew it, but I guess in your mind, 170,000 plus dead isn't something people care about. Trump doesn't seem to care as proven by his "It is what It is" response... but yeah, why should he care, everybody that is going to get near him gets Fast Tested for the virus, while many Americans can't even get tested because he has so totally botched up testing in America... and that's probably because the moron is against testing because it makes him look bad.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• And in other convention news...

‘Angel Mom’ who retweeted anti-Semitic conspiracies pulled from RNC schedule at last minute

Mary Ann Mendoza, an “Angel Mom” who was scheduled to speak at the Republican National Convention Tuesday night, apparently was cut from the lineup of speakers, after The Daily Beast reported that, just hours earlier, Mendoza had shared a Twitter thread filled with anti-Semitic conspiracy theories and QAnon references.
            Mendoza, a member of the Trump campaign’s advisory board, was
            slated to speak Tuesday night about the death of her son, a Mesa, Ariz. police officer, who was killed in 2014 in a head-on collision with a drunk driver who was in the country illegally.

Shortly before the second night of prime-time convention speeches was scheduled to begin,
            CNN White House Correspondent Kaitlan Collins tweeted that “Mendoza’s speech has been pulled from tonight’s convention programming.” Other news outlets have since reported the same.

According to The Daily Beast, the Twitter thread which Mendoza had urged her more than 40,000 followers to read early Tuesday morning included a variety of anti-Semitic and conspiratorial claims, including excerpts from the “Protocols of the Elders of Zion,” a more-than-century-old hoax that has been used to justify persecution of Jews from Czarist Russia to Nazi Germany and down to the present. An official FBI Twitter account had linked to the Protocols, which the thread Mendoza retweeted said proved its authenticity.

The
            FBI has since removed and apologized for the tweet, explaining that it was sent by an automated account which posts links to documents made public in response to Freedom of Information Act requests.

Other posts in the thread advanced the notion that “malevolent Jewish forces in the banking industry are out to enslave non-Jews and promote world wars ... that the Titanic had been sunk to protect the Federal Reserve, and that every president between John F. Kennedy and Donald Trump was a ‘slave president’ in the thrall of a global cabal.”

Mendoza’s original tweet urging her followers to “Do yourself a favor and read this thread,” has been deleted. Following publication of The Daily Beast story, she
            tweeted an apology, writing: “I retweeted a very long thread earlier without reading every post within the thread. My apologies for not paying attention to the intent of the whole message. That does not reflect my feelings or personal thoughts whatsoever.”

In addition to serving on the advisory board of Trump’s campaign and Women for Trump, Mendoza, is also
            listed as a consultant to We Build the Wall, the crowdfunded border wall campaign led by former White House advisor Steve Bannon and others who were arrested last week for allegedly defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors to the campaign, which promised to donate 100 percent of funds raised to private border wall construction. Mendoza has appeared in fundraising videos and at events for We Build the Wall.

According to a
            preview of Tuesday night’s events released by the Trump campaign earlier Tuesday evening, Mendoza was planning to praise Trump as “the FIRST political leader we’ve ever seen take on the radical Left to finally secure our border and to end illegal immigration since day one.”
            Another Trump Supporter......
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• FYI - The Trump ad that shows fire and looting with the tag line, "You won't be safe in Biden's America" shows actual footage from Trump's America. How stupid are Americans.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Did the Democrats talk about all the black people murdered in Chicago this year at the DNC?

Comment

• Moving the goal post again... Gee, I wonder if the RNC will discuss all the black people murdered by cops. Probably not, Trump will just say white people die too.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• That's true. White people do die.

Comment

• CCP isn't keeping their preference for Buden a secret.

"Chinese State Media Would Prefer Biden Presidency, Says He Would Be ‘Smoother’ to Deal With Than Trump

BY CATHY HE
                      August 21, 2020 Updated: August 25, 2020

Chinese state media has voiced its support for a Joe Biden presidency, saying the former U.S. vice president would be “smoother” for the regime to deal with than President Donald Trump.

Hawkish state-run outlet Global Times ran a piece on Aug. 19, citing Chinese analysts, who said that if Biden won the election, the United States is likely to remain tough on China.

“But tactically, the U.S. approach would be more predictable, and Biden is much smoother to deal with than Trump—a viewpoint that is shared by many countries,” it said.

The article was published in the midst of the Democratic National Convention, where Biden formally accepted his nomination to be the party’s presidential candidate. Both Biden and Trump run on the platform of being tough on the Chinese regime.

In his speech accepting the Democratic nomination on Aug. 20, Biden only mentioned China once, when he pledged to end the United States’ reliance on the country for medical supplies if he’s elected, and instead focused on Trump’s alleged failings in handling the pandemic and smoothing the divisions in the country.
                      Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden (L) speaks to reporters in Wilmington, Del., on Aug. 13, 2020. (Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images); President Donald Trump (R) before boarding Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House on June 27, 2018. (Samira Bouaou/The Epoch Times)
                      Li Haidong, a professor at the Institute of International Relations at the China Foreign Affairs University, told the Global Times that “Biden is definitely smoother to deal with, which is the consensus around the world.”

“For China, because Biden was vice president during Obama’s term, and had a lot of prior experience dealing with Chinese leaders, we would expect to facilitate more effective communication with Biden if he wins,” Li added.

The Biden campaign didn’t immediately respond to a request by The Epoch Times for comment.

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro on Aug. 19 criticized the Democrats for not mentioning during their convention the Chinese regime’s role in causing the pandemic.

“We’re halfway through this convention, and there is just not a word of how the Chinese Communist Party has basically infected this country with a deadly virus, killed over 160,000 Americans, wreaked all manner of havoc on 40 million unemployed Americans, cost us trillions of dollars already in terms of fiscal and monetary stimulus,” Navarro told reporters.

“What I think is happening here is the Democratic Party and the Chinese Communist Party have entered into a common cause to defeat Donald J. Trump, and their whole strategy is based on blaming this administration for a global pandemic created by the Chinese Communist Party.”

A U.S. intelligence agency said earlier this month that the regime would prefer Biden to win the election.

“We assess that China prefers that President Trump—whom Beijing sees as unpredictable—does not win reelection,” William Evanina, director of the National Counterintelligence and Security Center, said in a statement on Aug. 7.

Evanina said the Trump administration’s increasingly hard-line stance against Beijing, including its recent forced closure of the Chinese consulate in Houston, has led to an increase in criticism against the administration.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and national security adviser Robert O’Brien have also said the regime would prefer to see Trump lose.

The Trump administration in recent months has accelerated actions countering a range of threats posed by the regime, including its rights abuses in Hong Kong and the region of Xinjiang, security risks posed by Chinese apps and technology, and its military aggression in the South China Sea.

Meanwhile, Chinese state media has ratcheted up its anti-U.S. rhetoric amid the deteriorating relations. State media has recently promoted the idea of war, while central authorities directed television stations to run war movies to foment nationalist sentiment."

Comment

• The Guard is behind a fence, protecting the courthouse.

Comment

• Classic speech by the First Lady. Very classy.

Comment

• I heard that it was a relatively good speech, although I don't intend to listen to it. I didn't even listen to Bernie's speech last week (I listened to Joe's and Barack's and Michelle's speeches, and a smattering of short clips afterwards (I Think all of the Carters' speech).

I did not hear she was a good public speaker though.

JM
                            (I was busy with my family during the time of the conventions.)
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• She doesn't have a voice for public speaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X