No announcement yet.

New server, take two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, that explains it. I just saw that most avatars are restored, but a bunch weren't. My guess is that people who tried to set avatars during this problem period really got reset to the default, which seems to be the case for you, and me as well - I tried another picture during the outage.

So Aeson and others who still don't have avatars will need to reupload them (or I can dig out a copy if you don't have the files).
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• THANK YOU SOLVER!

And for remembrance of this event, please do not change yours back to The Smoking Man, and keep the "Value +1 PERIPHO" avatar.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Thank you Solver

I had removed my avatar myself a week or so before this happened. Didn't know it would go viral

Comment

• Thanks indeed
          Blah

Comment

• I humbly reactivate my #96 posting. I wanted to answer a stupid kiddy comment today and it was blind typing until reedit.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              I humbly reactivate my #96 posting. I wanted to answer a stupid kiddy comment today and it was blind typing until reedit.
              I cannot immediately find the style variable for that comment box, but I'll keep this in mind. No promises of a quick fix, but I will take another look.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver View Post

I cannot immediately find the style variable for that comment box, but I'll keep this in mind. No promises of a quick fix, but I will take another look.
                Well, I typically enter some garble, post it and then edit it - that way it's readable so no hurry

Picture upload is a bit more troublesome since it pure guesswork (that usually works)
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                  Yes. We are all individuals.

So, out of sheer curiosity, can anyone post any images? I tried (3 different ways), and failed.

... and I just did a scan... we are NOT secure.

Hi there,

It seems that this problem continues. I have tried to post an image but it has not worked.

It is important for the APT championship to be able to publish game results and rankings.

Can anyone help?
                  Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                  Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

• I have no problem posting images using [Img] tags. You can use a direct link. I use Imgur as a host.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by astrologix View Post

Hi there,

It seems that this problem continues. I have tried to post an image but it has not worked.

It is important for the APT championship to be able to publish game results and rankings.

Can anyone help?
                      Holy Hell, there's a secret society on apolyton that still plays civilization and creates actual civilization content.
                      "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post

Holy Hell, there's a secret society on apolyton that still plays civilization and creates actual civilization content.
                        Yes, because Civ V and VI are ****, we keep playing Civ IV: Beyond the Sword, the best civilization game ever

But we are not a secret society, come here and see by yourself

https://apolyton.net/forum/civilizat...espa-ntilde-ol

and here

https://apolyton.net/forum/civilizat...onship-english

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        I have no problem posting images using [Img] tags. You can use a direct link. I use Imgur as a host.

Thanks Ming, I used ImageShack in times, but I would have preferred to continue using the forum image system. Why has it stopped working?
                        Last edited by astrologix; October 4, 2020, 04:01.
                        Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                        Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Thanks Ming, I used ImageShack in times, but I would have preferred to continue using the forum image system. Why has it stopped working?
                          I have no clue...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, because Civ V and VI are ****, we keep playing Civ IV: Beyond the Sword, the best civilization game ever

But we are not a secret society, come here and see by yourself
                            You have good taste! (VI is alright in my book though - just dumb dumb dumb AI and too much stuff).

"

Comment

• I don't know if there's any plans to update Poly to the latest vbulletin but it'd be nice if the latest version stopped the current security issues. Seems like almost every post I make with a link it requires admin approval, and then if I go back into it to fix a typo or something, bam! admin approval needed again. Meanwhile I keep getting notifications about spammers posting in my threads. A system that lets bots spam and punishes loyal members trying to keep this place alive just doesn't seem right. Needs to be the opposite in that its pleasure for old members to post and a nightmare for spammers to get in and do their thing. I recently saw someone posting on CFC that their virus scanner warns that apolyton net as "very unsafe site that may contain trojans, worms, and other malicious software and/or launch attacks on my computer." which I see has been talked about in this thread in the past. Also today I keep getting a on-site vbulletin error message box coming up on my screen saying "security token needed" which I keep having to close to continue browsing Poly.

Comment

• +1 for the vBull update...
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X