Trump's Promise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well AG Barr said that nothing of value was requested
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Yeah, like Barr is impartial.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• We can trust the executive branch to decide what evidence Congress needs to see, right????

Comment

• The latest 8 page output from the White house takes it to a new low. Trump telling Congress it's not their job. Hilarious.
          In a letter to House leaders, White House counsel Pat Cipollone wrote that House Democrats’ recent actions violate “the Constitution, the rule of law, and every past precedent.” He criticized the impeachment inquiry as attempt to overturn the 2016 presidential election results and to influence the upcoming 2020 campaign.
          “In order to fulfill his duties to the American people, the Constitution, the Executive Branch, and all future occupants of the Office of the Presidency, President Trump and his Administration cannot participate in your partisan and unconstitutional inquiry under these circumstances,” Cipollone wrote.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has said repeatedly that the House does not have to hold a formal vote ot launch an impeachment inquiry.
          Last edited by rah; October 8, 2019, 17:22.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
            We can trust the executive branch to decide what evidence Congress needs to see, right????
            That's what the Supreme Court is for.

Comment

• While I would expect a very partisan ruling, it might look real bad to rule that way. But then we're talking the Kav.
              How do you claim that the house doesn't have the authority specified in the constitution?
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                While I would expect a very partisan ruling, it might look real bad to rule that way. But then we're talking the Kav.
                How do you claim that the house doesn't have the authority specified in the constitution?
                Myself, I believe that the House Ds have been involved in a soft coup since they took power.

Comment

• This shows Trump's desperation. I think he loses this one. The house is supposed to be a check on the president and the senate is supposed to be a check on the house in these circumstances. It will be hard to argue otherwise. Do you want to bet on this one?
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This shows Trump's desperation. I think he loses this one. The house is supposed to be a check on the president and the senate is supposed to be a check on the house in these circumstances. It will be hard to argue otherwise. Do you want to bet on this one?
                    Republicans laugh at that talking point. The entire legislative branch is a check on the President, not the majority of the House. But the press never calls them on that lie.

The President has the right to Constitutional process. He doesn't have to help the House Ds.

Comment

• So I guess you don't want to bet?
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So I guess you don't want to bet?
                        What will the plaintiffs case be?

Comment

• I'm betting that the impeachment inquiry will not be ruled unconstitutional. Two week self imposed ban.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Myself, I believe that the House Ds have been involved in a soft coup since they took power.
                            You mean since they thrashed the Republicans in a midterm election?

Comment

I'm betting that the impeachment inquiry will not be ruled unconstitutional. Two week self imposed ban.
                              I might bet. I want to see the President's whole argument. So far I've just read an article on the letter. They claim the D's are trying to overturn the election. I would go even further and say they are trying to use their power to hurt the President in 2020, and they have prevented the President from performing his duties.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post

You mean since they thrashed the Republicans in a midterm election?
                                Winning an election does not give you the right to disenfranchise voters.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                                  -Jrabbit commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Are you seriously trying to say that without irony?
                                  The GOP's whole strategy is based on disenfranchisement of opposition voters.

• Kidlicious
                                  Kidlicious commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Talking point
                              Working...
                              X