Trump's Promise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post
    The result is the same. They don't get to decide the legitimacy of the inquiry. But we'll see if they want to totally ignore the constitution.
    Wrong. They have to decide legitimacy. Otherwise they will force the President to cooperate with an illegitimate inquiry.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• They won't rule whether the inquiry is legitimate. It's not their place. But we'll see sooner than later.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I doubt if it goes to Court but they can rule whatever they feel is right. You don't understand the justice system. Courts don't like to force people to do things which violates their rights.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, "whatever they feel" LOL!

Yes, that's how the justice system works!

• You have yet to describe a legitimate right that is being violated.
        There is no way the court is going to usurp the constitutional power given to the house.
        I could see them ruling on whether the president himself has to testify, but the reasoning wouldn't be the legitimacy of the investigation. That would be a horrible precedence to set.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You have yet to describe a legitimate right that is being violated.
          There is no way the court is going to usurp the constitutional power given to the house.
          I could see them ruling on whether the president himself has to testify, but the reasoning wouldn't be the legitimacy of the investigation. That would be a horrible precedence to set.
          The rights of the accused are public knowledge.

Among the legitimate purposes of government is the punishment of those who violate the rights of others through the commission of violent or forceful acts, such as murder, rape, robbery, theft, burglary, or trespass. As the Framers understood, however, the matter does not end there because an important inquiry immediately arises: How do we ensure that people are not convicted of crimes they haven’t committed? That’s the purpose of the Sixth Amendment — to protect the innocent from being convicted Continue Reading

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude, it's an inquiry. Not a trial.

• I read that and it doesn't really apply to my argument. ( The house brings the charges. The senate is where the guilt is determined so no rights can be violated until that point.
          My take anyway. But we'll see.
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I read that and it doesn't really apply to my argument. ( The house brings the charges. The senate is where the guilt is determined so no rights can be violated until that point.
            My take anyway. But we'll see.
            It's different because all of this is public, with the exception of whatever the majority decides to keep secret. It's not the same thing as a criminal investigation where everything is kept from the public for good reason. If a prosecutor leaks things to the media or whatever that's serious misconduct. So the Democrats have to operate in the spirit of the framers. The framers would never have approved of this crap and you know it.

So all that is needed for SCOTUS is evidence that the Democrats are attempting to mislead the public in order to harm the reputation of the President. This could be evidence of an attempt to keep exculpatory evidence from the public.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
              -Jrabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              The framers would have made Trump divest all his businesses. The framers would have impeached him for obstructing the Mueller investigation.

And stop pretending there are no Republicans in the room during committee hearings. And if they actually heard exculpatory evidence, they would be shouting it from the rooftops.

• lol wut? If there's any exculpatory evidence Trump is free to release it himself.

Comment

• The prosecutor must release it.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                THERE IS NO PROSECUTOR. NO ONE IS ON TRIAL.

• Grasping for straws our President is. (and his supporters)
              I do worry a tad since our highest court is loaded with partisan hacks but in the end I still have faith that they will do the right thing.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If the right thing hit one of you in the face you wouldn't know it.

Comment

• This is the right thing, reading the transcript and saying "Oh well. We were wrong. Someone lied. Sorry."

Comment

• My, what a convincing argument.
                    I haven't been hit in the face in over 40 years, How about you?
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• JR. Idk why you always comment. It's annoying.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Then you DO know.

My, what a convincing argument.
                      I haven't been hit in the face in over 40 years, How about you?
                      You don't know what the right thing is. That's why you talk about people's family matters and crap.

Comment

Working...
                      X