No announcement yet.

The Mueller Investigation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured Oerdin is allowed to use "retarded" as an insult since he is also retarded.

Comment

• Baba!
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
        I figured Oerdin is allowed to use "retarded" as an insult since he is also retarded.
        Yeah. I think it's hilarious.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
          I figured Oerdin is allowed to use "retarded" as an insult since he is also retarded.
          pump your brakes. This goes for you too.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Two thumbs up - I recently switched to WPX Hosting and recommend their speed, service and security - they do know what they are talking about when it comes to WordPress hosting.

Back on topic, Trump's impulsive tweating this morning just might have really screwed up his legal defense. Remember all those documents, files, and recordings the Feds got by raiding Michael Cohen's office? A fair portion of them were deemed to be protected by attorney client privilege but this morning Trump foolishly made a public claim which is likely to invalidate attorney-client privilege wrt Cohen so the special master might reclassify all that evidence as fair game.

Comment

• Donald Trump attended an August 2015 meeting that federal prosecutors believe was central to a criminal scheme to violate campaign finance laws to help Trump win the presidency, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Trump was in on the meeting where Hush payments were being discussed and decisions were being made. Trump, Cohen, and the CEO of AMI (National Inquirer) were all there and everyone not named Trump has agreed to turn state's evidence. In short, Trump's goose is cooked on this topic and even the judge in the Cohen case has stated Trump's involvement is not deniable and is simply a fact of record at this point.

Comment

• Michael Cohen's guilty plea and subsequent sentencing for campaign-finance violations and other crimes revived speculation about President Trump's potential legal exposure -- but some former Federal Election Commission members say neither of them necessarily committed a violation with hush-money payments to purported Trump paramours.

The salacious details of those payments, which have steadily come to light in the course of two investigations into Cohen and in turn compelled Trump to acknowledge his involvement, speak to somewhat of a grey area in campaign-finance law.

Top Democrats in recent days have suggested the violations amount to an “impeachable offense” and could even merit future prosecution. According to Cohen, Trump ordered him to make payments to Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels going into the 2016 presidential campaign.

But Trump said in an interview with Fox News’ Harris Faulkner on “Outnumbered Overtime” that the Cohen payments were “not a campaign finance violation.” He has previously tweeted that they were a “simple private transaction.”

"What he did was all unrelated to me except for the two campaign finance charges that are not criminal and shouldn't have been on there," Trump said of Cohen and the campaign-finance charges. "They put that on to embarrass me."

Some former FEC commissioners agree. Hans von Spakovsky -- who served on the FEC between 2006 and 2008 -- told Fox News there would have been a lot of pressure for Cohen to plead guilty due to the more serious financial charges he was facing related to his business dealings.

But he argued the purpose and origin of the payments could be in dispute, and that's what determines whether a campaign-finance violation was committed.

“The blackmail threat by Daniels and McDougal to reveal their claims would exist whether or not Trump was running for office. He was a well-known celebrity, and celebrities face these claims all the time,” he said.

The crux of the debate comes down to whether the payments, allegedly amounting to contributions in excess of legal limits, were campaign-related and “for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal Office” as the Federal Election Campaign Act says.

Cohen told ABC News that Trump was specifically concerned their allegations “would affect the election.”

But Spakovsky argued that Trump’s high profile before the election makes that difficult to prove.

In an op-ed for FoxNews.com, Spakovsky pointed to the campaign-finance charges against former Sen. John Edwards, who had supporters pay his mistress to keep quiet with campaign funds during a Democratic presidential bid. The charges against Edwards eventually were dismissed.

"Convicting Donald Trump of a criminal campaign finance violation will be extremely difficult, if not impossible," he wrote. "Just as Edwards was found not guilty, the same is likely to happen to President Trump if he is charged while he is president or after he leaves the White House."

Fox News
                Last edited by Kidlicious; December 14, 2018, 12:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post

pump your brakes. This goes for you too.
                  ****** is my word. I own it. Most people who use it, are allowed to 'self identify' with the use.""/always a scen

Comment

• instead: pick:

'heavy left foot'

knows slow

"heavy left foot" is now slur for STUPID PERSON, or however else you 'perceive' a word's use

Comment

• Wait a second, you're not the real cockney are you.?

Comment

• Cohen's interview on ABC News was a must see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          Cohen's interview on ABC News was a must see.
                          ... because Cohen never lies. Derp. Derp.

Comment

• I think the biggest change this week is even Fox has had to stop the lying, the spin, and the misdirection and actually factually cover what occur admitting on air that not only did Trump lie, but, that he was factually guilty of the crimes in question and that this is a serious ethical and legal problem.

That means the trumpanzees who make up the Republican base and the other corrupt Republican party members all are finally being told the truth from a source they can't just pretend is "fake news" without their whole world view crashing down around them. That has just got to hurt and we are probably going to see a whole lot more Republicans going public about not blowing a smoke screen to cover the felon Trump.

Comment

• Didn't know paying someone because they use extortion against you was unethical.

Comment

• Every time this thread is bumped I think of Mueller and I am filled with joy and happiness.
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X