Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are republican women more lazy than democrat ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Then this rather should be a reason why the man should be in the kitchen.
    The vast majority of professional chefs in restaurants are men, not women (and AFAIK almost all star cooks), so men surely are not less talented at cooking than women.

Obviously there are good reasons to put the man into the kitchen (or at least treat men and women equally with regards who should cook at home)
    Women aren't equal to men?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Quite a bit actually. My experience has been that many conservative women look for someone to look after them.

Wow, I didn't know. Thanks for informing us of that.

So why then do you feel the need to correct me? If as you said, you have no interest, particularly in conservative women, what would you know about their wants and desires?

You respect Conservative women? Really. I saw your comments about Susan Collins. I'd argue that you don't respect women, unless they agree with you which isn't really respect at all.

Absolutely they should be in the kitchen because they cook and bake well. The Kitchen is for people who can cook, not just microwave.
      Idiot is misquoting me again because he's suffering from mercury poisoning.

Susan Collins is disrespecting her own constituents. My comments about Susan Collins are the same for Joe Manchin. Both are spineless. Now Heidi Heitkamp and Doug Jones showed more backbone.

You're a bloody idiot. You don't respect women, you don't like gays, and you want your christian views in government forced on the rest of us.

You are part of the party of kiddie diddlers and rapists:

For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Household division of labor usually entails a competing balance between desire and competence. Relative desire and competence also plays a role.

If a person has a sincere desire to do a particular job, they usually end up doing that job *because* of said desire even if they aren't the best at that job. Generally there's also going to be a scale of relative importance too. The most important tasks are going to be assigned to the person who can best do them, while the rest will work through as things get done.

I don't see much value in assigning 'equal tasks'. It's not usually how things work or that the same task gets split equally. What I've seen is that the roles get divided between tasks that need to be done.

Are you married Proteus? My experience has been that our roles were rather rigidly defined (I drove, she cooked, I did the outside stuff, lawns, car maintenance, and banking, while she sewed, and generally called family). I can't say that it was a great division, as there was stuff that I would have preferred not to do that I don't do very well that ended up in my bin due to relative competence, both of us having similar weaknesses. There was stuff that I did that I would have liked to split that she preferred to do despite the fact that while she did it better, there wasn't a great divide. It was stuff that was very important to her to do for me.

She wanted to feel that she had a role. So I find this an interesting question. Despite cooking fairly well and enjoying doing it I didn't get to do it much, if at all while we were together because SHE wanted to do that!. Which makes your point here quite amusing.
        You are clear evidence that you're not good enough for anything and you wouldn't be able to function in a marriage.

Go ahead and cook more top ramens. That's all you are good at. Women are better working than you ever will be.

When have you ever been married? You think women are meant to be your personal slaves and are not capable of outside employment.

Take your back-ass-wards views elsewhere.

You are one useless male who doesn't care for anyone but yourself, just like a good conservative.

She wanted to feel that she had a role relegated to the kitchen? you're a complete *******.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Susan Collins is disrespecting her own constituents.
          Looks like I struck a nerve. Respect would be saying something along the lines that while you disagree with Collins, you believe that she acted with honor to represent her constituents. Remember, the people who vote for her are Republicans and that Kavanaugh is running something like 80+ support among Republicans. The vast majority of her supporters wanted her to vote for Kavanaugh.

You're a bloody idiot. You don't respect women, you don't like gays, and you want your christian views in government forced on the rest of us.
          Oh. I see. Just like you did in Colorado with the cake shop, in Washington with the florist and in Oregon with the cake shop. Sorry Gian. You don't get to play the 'we're not forcing our beliefs on you' anymore. That may have been true 10 years ago, but it's not true now, due to your overreach.

Many people who might have and did agree with you before believe that trying to get Christian business owners fired for disagreeing with you is a step too far.

You are part of the party of kiddie diddlers and rapists:
          Oh. Folks like Keith Ellison I suppose who is fighting to keep his divorce records sealed and managed to avoid going to jail after beating up his current girlfriend. I guess #Believeher isn't all that it's cracked up to be.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Looks like I struck a nerve. Respect would be saying something along the lines that while you disagree with Collins, you believe that she acted with honor to represent her constituents. Remember, the people who vote for her are Republicans and that Kavanaugh is running something like 80+ support among Republicans. The vast majority of her supporters wanted her to vote for Kavanaugh.

Oh. I see. Just like you did in Colorado with the cake shop, in Washington with the florist and in Oregon with the cake shop. Sorry Gian. You don't get to play the 'we're not forcing our beliefs on you' anymore. That may have been true 10 years ago, but it's not true now, due to your overreach.

Many people who might have and did agree with you before believe that trying to get Christian business owners fired for disagreeing with you is a step too far.

Oh. Folks like Keith Ellison I suppose who is fighting to keep his divorce records sealed and managed to avoid going to jail after beating up his current girlfriend. I guess #Believeher isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Look at this moron! he's still spouting off like he knows anything. He's a ****ing moron. Sorry, BK... you're screwed and you messed up in this debate. And I'm not forcing anything on anyone. And it's just a ****ing cake.

You say this all the while supporting the cheating spouse abusers and rapists in the GOP, including a Kiddie Diddler that nearly won a Senate seat in Alabama.

You're a god damn idiot. The majority of Maine is solidly against KAvanaugh polling wise. Republicans aren't a majority there.

Comment

Oh Ben is talking about divorce records, and a claim about spousal abuse.

Coming from the ******* who supports this guy:

Don't throw stones from a glass house, hypocrite. How many women accused him of assault and rape? Oh I think around 20. Plus his ex-wife accused him of raping her.

BTW, as far as Christian business owners... no not fired. Just boycotted and run out of business. That's called capitalism.

Comment

You are clear evidence that you're not good enough for anything and you wouldn't be able to function in a marriage.
                How so? I find that an interesting claim of yours. What about my views would disqualify me from marriage? I'm not claiming that the only thing that women can do is be in the kitchen. All I am claiming is that in the relationships I've been they have wanted to cook for me as a demonstration of their love for me. And did.

Relationships and division of labor are really fascinating topics that deserve more attention than they get.

Go ahead and cook more top ramens. That's all you are good at. Women are better working than you ever will be.
                I'm not the greatest cook, but I do ok.

When have you ever been married? You think women are meant to be your personal slaves and are not capable of outside employment.
                Where have I ever said that? Some of the women you claim you speak for would vastly prefer to be at home and look after their family than being a part of the rat race.

Take your back-ass-wards views elsewhere.
                I didn't bring this up, Proteus did and we're discussing what conservative women value.

Do you have anything to contribute? You've made it abundantly clear that you don't have any desire to be with any women let alone a conservative woman. So what would you know about their wants and desires?

You are one useless male who doesn't care for anyone but yourself, just like a good conservative.
                Read through your last post. Does it strike you that your party is the caring party? Does it suggest that you have respect for people to whom you disagree.

She wanted to feel that she had a role relegated to the kitchen? you're a complete *******.
                She wanted to contribute in that way, yes. That was her choice and that's what we did. Unlike what you think many women are happy doing these things for their men. I was quite lucky.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Maine voters clearly aren't happy:

Oh and Susan Collins was in political trouble before... and now she drove herself deeper in the ditch.

Her approval rating is 35%, and disapproval rating is 48%.

49% of Mainers think Kavanaugh should not have been confirmed.

The crazy part of this whole thing back in July she had a 56% approval rating by the same PPP poll... her approval rating plunged to 35%. That's likely to fall even further.

So yeah... Maine is pissed. All it'll take is a high profile name and she'll be cooked.

Yup.

Comment

Household division of labor usually entails a competing balance between desire and competence. Relative desire and competence also plays a role.

If a person has a sincere desire to do a particular job, they usually end up doing that job *because* of said desire even if they aren't the best at that job. Generally there's also going to be a scale of relative importance too. The most important tasks are going to be assigned to the person who can best do them, while the rest will work through as things get done.

I don't see much value in assigning 'equal tasks'. It's not usually how things work or that the same task gets split equally. What I've seen is that the roles get divided between tasks that need to be done.

Are you married Proteus? My experience has been that our roles were rather rigidly defined (I drove, she cooked, I did the outside stuff, lawns, car maintenance, and banking, while she sewed, and generally called family). I can't say that it was a great division, as there was stuff that I would have preferred not to do that I don't do very well that ended up in my bin due to relative competence, both of us having similar weaknesses. There was stuff that I did that I would have liked to split that she preferred to do despite the fact that while she did it better, there wasn't a great divide. It was stuff that was very important to her to do for me.

She wanted to feel that she had a role. So I find this an interesting question. Despite cooking fairly well and enjoying doing it I didn't get to do it much, if at all while we were together because SHE wanted to do that!. Which makes your point here quite amusing.
                    And why is that?
                    Because women still often (and I guess most often in conservative families) are raised in "traditional roles", where women remain in the kitchen and men do the working.
                    Meaning that many women are deprived of their chance to do what they are best at (and like), but rather are pressed into predetermined roles from childhood on.

And therefore, many women are deprived of their chance to find their own place in life and instead pressed into "traditional roles".
                    And therefore it can still happen all too often that a woman who would have been a brilliant mathematician (or programmer or natural scientist) instead of working in academia spends her days standing in the kitchen and cooking meals for her husband, a low level construction worker, despite the fact that society would profit much more if it were the other way round.
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

And I'm not forcing anything on anyone. And it's just a ****ing cake.
                      Oh? Which is why all three businesses were shut down and it took a Supreme court case to keep them open? You don't get to play that card anymore after trying to destroy the lives of three Christian families just for the crime of disagreeing with you publicly.

Comment

How so? I find that an interesting claim of yours. What about my views would disqualify me from marriage? I'm not claiming that the only thing that women can do is be in the kitchen. All I am claiming is that in the relationships I've been they have wanted to cook for me as a demonstration of their love for me. And did.
                        The 19th century is calling... they want you back. In your relationships, you treat the wife as your personal servant.

This explains your views on women.

Comment

BTW guys, that Maine poll I posted was from BEFORE the sexual assault revelations came out.

Ooo. It wouldn't surprise me if the opposition to Kavanaugh is more in the high 50s now... another poll in Maine should be done I think. I'm sure Collin's approval rating is probably around the upper 20s now.

Truly political suicide now that Susan Rice is weighing in a move for the Senate seat considering her connections to the state.

I hope she does run.

Comment

Oh? Which is why all three businesses were shut down and it took a Supreme court case to keep them open? You don't get to play that card anymore after trying to destroy the lives of three Christian families just for the crime of disagreeing with you publicly.
                            I don't really care. It was just a cake. They violated city and state laws. And if they were driven out of business and went bust, that's called capitalism.

Comment

And why is that?
                              That's a very good question and the right one. I wanted and preferred a more even divide. She preferred making that her job including the meal planning. For her it was very important that she do this for me, and so I let her do so.

Because women sill often (and I guess most often in conservative families) are raised in "traditional roles", where women remain in the kitchen and men do the working.
                              Meaning that many women are deprived of their chance to do what they are best at (and like), but rather are pressed into predetermined roles from childhood on.
                              She was a very good cook and baker, and she liked doing both. See, this is the problem with your worldview. You're assuming that what your wants are other people's wants. She did these things because she wanted to but also because she wanted to show her love for me in this way.

And therefore it can still happen all too often that a woman who would have been a brilliant mathematician (or programmer or natural scientist) stands in the kitchen and cooks meals for her husband, a low level construction worker, despite the fact that society would profit much more if it were the other way round.
                              See, this is the wrong way about thinking about this, and why it often gets tripped up. Society doesn't adequately price these things. For example, within a household, if you were to allocate based on competency, you would not get an even divide of tasks within the household. That, ultimately would be the best decision for society. Why then is it so important to enforce a decision of 'equal allocation' when it's clearly inferior to other systems on the basis of efficiency?

The other point is this. Households are not organized on efficiency. So the question becomes, "why is this?" and "why is the household allocated in this way?" Wants and desires paly a huge role. If you truly value the other person, is it important that everything get divided up evenly? Will you not choose to do things you might otherwise not want to do so that they can live the life that they prefer? It goes both ways, proteus.

Comment

I don't really care. It was just a cake. They violated city and state laws. And if they were driven out of business and went bust, that's called capitalism.
                                If you didn't really care why was trying to enforce these laws to shut these businesses down more important than respecting their individual rights? I thought you were against shutting businesses down for their views. It wasn't capitalism shutting them down, the businesses were quite profitable.

The 19th century is calling
                                You mean the decade of Marx, of universal male suffrage, of women getting the vote themselves and of probably more than half the inventions that run the world today? Seems about right.

This explains your views on women.
                                So you're arguing that my views on women have changed in the past year or so. Curious statement that. You might be nearer to the truth on that than you know. Remember, I grew up with liberal folks, in my parents and how they organized their household. This all was a change for me from my usual thoughts which were closer to Proteus. Now I do think differently but it's not because of my choices or views from before.

Comment

Working...
                                X