Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are republican women more lazy than democrat ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obedience is bliss, especially toward a god.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

That they seem to desire more lazyness than liberal women.
      At least if I take the words of Senator Grassley and then compare the number of republican women in the judiciary court with the number of democrat women in the judiciary court.

Alternartively they may just be more submissive.
      Which would be understandable, considering that many of them are religious fundamentalists and the bible has a lot to say about women having to be obedient to their husbands and also about women having to be silent in congregations.
      The Democrats are a bunch of false accuser devils, so what does it matter.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You always say stuff like this like it's suppose to be insulting to us. "You're white males." "You're a submissive woman." No one cares. It just shows how you are. It's nothing bad about us.

Proteus

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

The Democrats are a bunch of false accuser devils, so what does it matter.
          False accusers yet there is evidence to those accusations? come on dumbass.

You supported kiddie diddler... party of rapists and kiddie diddlers.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I think women may not be lazy enough to post on Apolyton.

Comment

You always say stuff like this like it's suppose to be insulting to us. "You're white males." "You're a submissive woman." No one cares. It just shows how you are. It's nothing bad about us.

Proteus
              I don't think I ever called any user on Apolyton a submissive woman.
              I don't know if any of the GOP followers here in board secretly wish to be a submissive woman, but I am sure that all of them are white males.

So calling you "white males" is rather a factual statement and no insult.

Also (regarding male GOP supporters on board secretly wishing to be submissie women) I would think it rather strange for a transsexual to be a GOP supporter, considering the Trumpian GOPs stance on transsexuals. Any transsexual supporting the GOP must be quite masochist
              (I should add that I only refer to the GOP on a federal level ... I am aware that the GOP in many states is more akin to the Democrats and would be called RINO by Kid )

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The poor transsexuals. The white males and submissive women are oppressing them.

Comment

A fine example of a conservative woman:

Me no speak English.
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

The poor transsexuals. The white males and submissive women are oppressing them.
                    You don't know **** about trans people or what kind of struggles they go through.

Comment

This pic is about a year old, but it's a nice Instagram selfie of Paul Ryan and the GOP Congressional interns... This is [potentially] the future of the GOP. There are a few young women in the picture, and, if you look really hard, you might spot non-whites! My guess is only about 75% of the total are upper class white males. Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	9361813
                      Last edited by Uncle Sparky; October 8, 2018, 19:01.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                        Why ARE you all white males?
                        I tried not being white once and let me tell you that did not go over well.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What would you know about a woman or man desires?
                          Quite a bit actually. My experience has been that many conservative women look for someone to look after them.

BTW i'm gay
                          Wow, I didn't know. Thanks for informing us of that.

I'm not into women
                          So why then do you feel the need to correct me? If as you said, you have no interest, particularly in conservative women, what would you know about their wants and desires?

I respect them
                          You respect Conservative women? Really. I saw your comments about Susan Collins. I'd argue that you don't respect women, unless they agree with you which isn't really respect at all.

and feel they deserve equity in society. You think they should be in the kitchen.
                          Absolutely they should be in the kitchen because they cook and bake well. The Kitchen is for people who can cook, not just microwave.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

That they seem to desire more lazyness than liberal women.
                            There are actually some pretty solid women in the Senate, including Joni Ernst. I suspect that the better question is what these particular Senators would prefer to do. The question I think is more complicated than this thread has presented. I'm sure the knee-jerk statement is that because it's not 'equally balanced' that there is discrimination.

I've been in rooms where I was the only male student out of 20 or so. Rarely was it discussed why.

At least if I take the words of Senator Grassley and then compare the number of republican women in the judiciary court with the number of democrat women in the judiciary court.
                            Which is a facile analysis. Surely you see that the question deserves more than a headcount.

Which would be understandable, considering that many of them are religious fundamentalists and the bible has a lot to say about women having to be obedient to their husbands and also about women having to be silent in congregations.
                            To me, statements like this are like anthropology. You take your perspective, impose it on people that you don't know and have never met, and extrapolate from your own perspective to draw conclusions about larger groups. Now I do have experience with this group in question and my conclusions are as follows:

1, Republicans tend to value merit over tokenism and so there is less of a push than we see on the left to accord committee positions to women or minorities.

2, Republican voters tend to value the same which results in differences in the composition of their electorate. It's like concluding that there's discrimination because black people overwhelming vote for other black people, and we see this in the Senate districts.

3, Committee seats tend to be assigned from seniority, which means that the top two statements are reinforced. We'd expect committee assignments to be less well distributed.

4. Women in general tend to have less desire to run for congress. We see this across the spectrum.

I don't honestly see much of a divide between conservative women and liberal women. The major difference to me seems to be that women in general have preferences.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Absolutely they should be in the kitchen because they cook and bake well. The Kitchen is for people who can cook, not just microwave.
                              Then this rather should be a reason why the man should be in the kitchen.
                              The vast majority of professional chefs in restaurants are men, not women (and AFAIK almost all star cooks), so men surely are not less talented at cooking than women.

Obviously there are good reasons to put the man into the kitchen (or at least treat men and women equally with regards who should cook at home)
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Then this rather should be a reason why the man should be in the kitchen.
                                The vast majority of professional chefs in restaurants are men, not women.
                                Household division of labor usually entails a competing balance between desire and competence. Relative desire and competence also plays a role.

If a person has a sincere desire to do a particular job, they usually end up doing that job *because* of said desire even if they aren't the best at that job. Generally there's also going to be a scale of relative importance too. The most important tasks are going to be assigned to the person who can best do them, while the rest will work through as things get done.

I don't see much value in assigning 'equal tasks'. It's not usually how things work or that the same task gets split equally. What I've seen is that the roles get divided between tasks that need to be done.

Are you married Proteus? My experience has been that our roles were rather rigidly defined (I drove, she cooked, I did the outside stuff, lawns, car maintenance, and banking, while she sewed, and generally called family). I can't say that it was a great division, as there was stuff that I would have preferred not to do that I don't do very well that ended up in my bin due to relative competence, both of us having similar weaknesses. There was stuff that I did that I would have liked to split that she preferred to do despite the fact that while she did it better, there wasn't a great divide. It was stuff that was very important to her to do for me.

She wanted to feel that she had a role. So I find this an interesting question. Despite cooking fairly well and enjoying doing it I didn't get to do it much, if at all while we were together because SHE wanted to do that!. Which makes your point here quite amusing.
                                Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 8, 2018, 15:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X