How many times did you leave forevah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I love how BK outright admits it’s not a zero sum game, and then goes right back to using the vote totals as if it’s a zero sum game.
    BK seems to be having many conflicting problems.

It originates with his religious beliefs. He hails Trump as a hero and Christ like figure. It's pretty disturbing considering Trump has cheated on his wife (and ex-wifes) multiple times.

By the way, I love the maps he posted that he made from Paint. May I remind him that population centers are where most people live and republicans are in serious ****.

Conor Lamb is an indication of how much **** they are in right now.

That's how much doo-doo republicans are in in the midwest.

You're either losing districts that are conservative and democrats rarely win or barely scrapping by around ~1%.

Sorry Ben... but it's 2018. Not 2016. Things are rapidly going south for repubilcans.

In two months, it will be a bloodbath for the GOP.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• As I suspected when it got so lengthy, a nice thread topic that went totally off the rails. Can't believe I finally read it.

FYI, during the election, Ben was a firm never-Trumper. I would posit that it's his generalized, religion-based opposition to liberals and Democrats that makes him think the Trump resistance is about "not liking the election result." He apparently fails to realize that this is not 2001 (when POTUS was selected by SCOTUS, resulting in some very real concerns about legitimacy). I would challenge anyone to cite any serious call from Democrats for invalidating the 2016 election result, at the time it occurred, based on who won.

For me and most people I know, the reason for all the Trump hatred is that he is a fvcking disaster, an amoral grifter and serial liar who conned the public. He clearly has no reservations about doing irreparable harm to the nation and/or the world. The fact that he was elected according to the rules does not change the fact that he is a very real threat to us all.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• He wanted Mike Pence in the White House and he got what he wanted. Now people like me are under threat by this administration. Their Supreme Court pick could destroy immigrant and LGBT rights.

I'm not for invalidating any election result though. My aim, along with every other democrat I know, is to mount a 50 state strategy that is both serious and expansive. Conor Lamb, Doug Jones, Beto O'Rourke... this is what I mean.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Except he didn't increase it by much at all. You can cherry pick counties, but I don't care.
          You claimed he wasn't getting Democrats and I showed how yes, he got many democrats in rural areas to vote for him. If he hadn't got them, he would have lost.

And Hillary in contrast to Obama in 2012, nearly matched him.
          Uh, lol. No. Not in Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio or Minnesota.

And now democrats are turning out in huge numbers.
          I was there in 2016. And in 2014. I heard all the stories, yadda, yadda, yadda. Big turnout. The fabled hillaryslide. Did it happen? Nope. At this point it's like Henny Penny. I must go and see the King.

You admit it's not a zero sum game, yet go back to doing it, as Aeson correctly pointed out.
          Sure. I never claimed that all of the people voting for Trump were Democrats. But many of them are, and it's important to remember that.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Giancarlo
            Giancarlo commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope. Don't think so. Many were? Nope.

• Um, ask Conor Lamb what he thinks. By the way, democrats have won several in the rust belt as it's known, including in Wisconsin where they completely beat republican turn-out in the primaries.
          Uh. Ok. That's not how elections work, but sure. Let's go with that!
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• FYI, during the election, Ben was a firm never-Trumper. I would posit that it's his generalized, religion-based opposition to liberals and Democrats that makes him think the Trump resistance is about "not liking the election result." He apparently fails to realize that this is not 2001 (when POTUS was selected by SCOTUS, resulting in some very real concerns about legitimacy). I would challenge anyone to cite any serious call from Democrats for invalidating the 2016 election result, at the time it occurred, based on who won.
            Really. Arguing that the Sore Loserman signs weren't emblematic of the entire approach of the Democrats going on 20 years? They've never gotten over losing to Bush, and it's the same deal with Trump. They lost a close election and brought out all the same old arguments again. People either have a short memory or it's selective in that they believe things are different now and that they are actually going to get rid of Trump this time around.

For me and most people I know, the reason for all the Trump hatred is that he is a fvcking disaster, an amoral grifter and serial liar who conned the public. He clearly has no reservations about doing irreparable harm to the nation and/or the world. The fact that he was elected according to the rules does not change the fact that he is a very real threat to us all.
            I see no difference between Trump hatred and Bush hatred. Really. The Bush years were 8 years of unremitting leftist hate for the man and this is the same response. I've heard claims that Trump is the worst ever, but I heard those exact same claims being made about Bush.

Comment

• He hails Trump as a hero and Christ like figure.
              LMFAO.

Well, please quote me from 2016! Funniest thing I've heard all day.

Christ you guys post more about Trump than his own Twitter! It's like Trump centre. All Trump all the time.
              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 12, 2018, 23:12.

Comment

• Lots of boring drivel.

All I will post is this:

Head spinning... Really head spinning.

It is 2018. Not 2016 or 2014. The incumbents party historically loses big in the midterms, and this year won't be an exception. In fact it will be worse than you can imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Uh. Ok. That's not how elections work, but sure. Let's go with that!
                  Like you would know.

Again.

Comment

• I thought you said Hillary was inevitable?

Comment

• There he goes again...

All that religion. It can't be good for ones mind. Go have a drink or thirty.

Comment

• A lot of people were not excited to vote for Hillary.

I sure wasn't.

I think that many people who weren't excited to vote for Hillary, didn't. I am sure this is a component of her loss (as was Comey and Russia).

JM
                        (My lack of excitement about voting Hillary had nothing to do with Comey or Russia, but probably did have to do with the 2 decades of attacks by the right wing. However, I still would not feel excited to vote for her. I feel like she mostly excites the Imrans and Giancarlos.)
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• She wasn't my preferred candidate. I would rather have seen Joe Biden, but he has his own flaws too. I voted for her regardless because I'm pragmatic.

Comment

• I didn't vote for either of those two swamp creatures...
                            But at least I voted
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• jesus why is this thread about the 2016 election
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X