No announcement yet.

The Witch Hunt Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole notion that the a probe by government officials is discredited because someone on it is a Hillary supporter is just fundamentally stupid. Claiming that the presence of Strzok makes a difference after the totally partisan witch hunt of Bill Clinton by Ken Starr and Newt Gingrich just shows how disingenuous and self-serving the Republicans are.

It's the government. No one is neutral. As the GOP loves to say, get over it.

Similar to all the GOP whinging about how Obamacare was "rammed down our throats" despite months of open hearings and debate, but their budget bill gets passed at 2AM on a Saturday with literally no debate. Adding a trillion dollars in deficit while attaching controversial policy changes (ACA individual mandate, Alaska drilling, private school vouchers, personhood at conception, and more) in a document that literally no one was allowed to read before the vote.

If the Dems had done this in Obama's first budget year, we'd still be hearing about what a travesty of justice and democracy it is.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and it's clear that justice and democracy mean nothing to the GOP. The Republicans are slaves to their oligarch and corporate masters with zero regard for democracy, the country, and its people. They have moved from "fiscal conservative" to "strongarm robber" without blinking an eye, thinking only of the next election and never about the vast majority of their constituents.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Flynn didn't get targeted because he claimed that the FBI or DoJ are corrupt.
      It also isn't a lie if one claims tht Trump is a liar and snakeoil salesman, that he is scared by the Mueller probe ...
      and that he has willing accomplices among the GOP senators and congressmen, who try to divert attention away from Trump,
      not because it is in the best interest for the nation, but because they want to serve their master well
      No one is diverting attention idiot. Trump wants attention.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The FBI agent who was fired from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation team for sending anti-Donald Trump text messages conducted the interviews with two Hillary Clinton aides accused of giving false statements about what they knew of the former secretary of state’s private email server.

Neither of the Clinton associates, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin, faced legal consequences for their misleading statements, which they made in interviews last year with former FBI section chief Peter Strzok.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          This whole notion that the a probe by government officials is discredited because someone on it is a Hillary supporter is just fundamentally stupid. Claiming that the presence of Strzok makes a difference after the totally partisan witch hunt of Bill Clinton by Ken Starr and Newt Gingrich just shows how disingenuous and self-serving the Republicans are.

Similar to all the GOP whinging about how Obamacare was "rammed down our throats" despite months of open hearings and debate, but their budget bill gets passed at 2AM on a Saturday with literally no debate. Adding a trillion dollars in deficit while attaching controversial policy changes (ACA individual mandate, Alaska drilling, private school vouchers, personhood at conception, and more) in a document that literally no one was allowed to read before the vote.

If the Dems had done this in Obama's first budget year, we'd still be hearing about what a travesty of justice and democracy it is.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and it's clear that justice and democracy mean nothing to the GOP. The Republicans are slaves to their oligarch and corporate masters with zero regard for democracy, the country, and its people. They have moved from "fiscal conservative" to "strongarm robber" without blinking an eye, thinking only of the next election and never about the vast majority of their constituents.
          Whitewater was real. Four people were convicted. Anyone who claims that the Clintons shouldn't have been investigated is a hack. Otoh, Russia Collusion is a conspiracy theory, a particularly stupid one.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Whitewater happened long before the Clinton presidency. As well you know. There's also this slightly inconvenient fact:
            Neither Bill Clinton nor Hillary were ever prosecuted, after three separate inquiries found insufficient evidence linking them with the criminal conduct of others related to the land deal. The matter was handled by the Whitewater Independent Counsel, Kenneth Starr.

• Kidlicious
            Kidlicious commented
            Editing a comment
            They are both guilty, IMO. And it's too bad they got away with it. But hopefully They will both end up in prison.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

No one is diverting attention idiot. Trump wants attention.
            Trump only wants attention for good things. For bad things he prefers to put the blame on others.

You can see this, for example by his use of "my" and "the".
            As long as things were running well on the front, Trump generally used "my generals" and he was taking full credit for his involvement in the military operations

But as soon as something was running wrong (like the killed soldiers a short while ago), Trump uses "the generals" and expresses it in a way that signals that he himself was not oinvolved in any way in the planning/execution
            Last edited by Proteus_MST; December 5, 2017, 12:28.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

You are quite the idealist aren't you. Once you admit that the real constituency is $ and not people, it all makes perfect sense.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Trump only wants attention for good things. For bad things he prefers to put the blame on others.

You can see this, for example by his use of "my" and "the".
                As long as things were running well on the front, Trump generally used "my generals" and he was taking full credit for his involvement in the military operations

But as soon as something was running wrong (like the killed soldiers a short while ago), Trump uses "the generals" and expresses it in a way that signals that he himself was not oinvolved in any way in the planning/execution
                Either way he gets attention and he loves it. No one remembers that. But they remember that the lying media tried to destroy him and failed.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post

You are quite the idealist aren't you. Once you admit that the real constituency is $ and not people, it all makes perfect sense.
                  The people don't want any limousine liberals who hate them and want to control them to have power, and they don't care who makes money making that so.

Comment

Neither of the Clinton associates, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin, faced legal consequences for their misleading statements, which they made in interviews last year with former FBI section chief Peter Strzok.
                    What misleading statements? This is the same guy who got language changed to make sure Hillary couldn't be charged with anything, that is suspicious. I'd like to know how that process works. Did somebody decide on the worse language and he over ruled them? Not that the GOP wouldn't be doing stuff like this, hell, Trump is telling the FBI director to let his buddy go.

We're ruled by an oligarchy slightly less corrupt than Putin

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm convinced that Trump's adoration of Putin is because he's the world's richest person.

• Kidlicious
                      Kidlicious commented
                      Editing a comment
                      JR, you don't know anything about negotiating, do you?

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Non sequitur.

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

What misleading statements? This is the same guy who got language changed to make sure Hillary couldn't be charged with anything, that is suspicious. I'd like to know how that process works. Did somebody decide on the worse language and he over ruled them? Not that the GOP wouldn't be doing stuff like this, hell, Trump is telling the FBI director to let his buddy go.

I hope you know that he can pardon him, and probably will. I'm not sure what the actual lies were.

Comment

Flynn? The guy should be in jail for bribery... What he did was slimy, wanted 15 million to send a dissident back to Turkey. He cant pardon him until he's charged and convicted, right? So when Flynn pleads guilty to lying (or whatever) it doesn't mean Flynn is helping the FBI investigation. He could be giving them that expecting a pardon. His son is in trouble too...

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

Found it.

A review of those documents conducted by The Daily Caller shows that Mills and Abedin told Strzok and Laufman that they were not aware of Clinton’s server until after she left the State Department.

Comment

Strzok is the #2 counterintelligence agent. Huge scandal.

Comment

The FBI agent who was kicked off of Robert Mueller's Russia investigation team for sending pro-Clinton messages interviewed Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills.

Comment

Working...
                            X