Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    They are not normal, they are created illegally just to get around immigration laws, and there are tens of millions of 3rd worlders who want to come here but who know they never will get a green card doing it the legal way. So they lie, cheat, and steal to get a fraudulent student visa then become illegal after that. Visa fraud is the main way illegal aliens get into the country.
    If only we had a wall.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Walls in the right places do help. Visa reform and a system to verify who leaves when they are supposed to would help more.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• A properly functioning immigration system would help.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• I think if one country builds a wall, other countries would strife to get up counter-walls to not allow a wall-gap! We might end up in a cold wall war soon where more and more resources are put into wall-building to keep a height advantage.

Also, one wall doesn't strike me as enough - it needs backup-walls and pre-wall walls to have enough protection. I call it a deep wall system.

Blah

Comment

Mostly India and China seem to do this but many others, each fake university (they are all non-accredited and exist only on paper mostly with just a P.O. Box); I don’t believe the US has attacked either India or China in the last 75 years or so... So please stuff that nonsense where the sun does not shine.
            "Mostly" India and China so not just India and China. But we do try our hardest to keep smart people from India and China out with an immigration system that doesn't factor in a country's population when deciding the quota lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
              A properly functioning immigration system would help.
              It seems to work well. My wife and step son got their green cards in just five months. Once they got their green cards it only took two weeks to get their social security cards.

Comment

• A couple brave guys in London kept a knife-wielding terrorist in check until police came around, using a Narwhal tusk and a fire extinguisher, which is both sad since two ppl were killed already and cool because of the Narwhal tusk bit

In footage that has since emerged, Khan is sprayed with a fire extinguisher, while another man tries to suppress the assailant with a narwhal tusk – a long pointed tooth from a type of whale – lunging at him. It is believed the item was pulled from the wall of Fishmongers’ Hall, a Grade II-listed building on London Bridge, by a Polish chef called Łukasz.
                Blah

Comment

It seems to work well. My wife and step son got their green cards in just five months. Once they got their green cards it only took two weeks to get their social security cards.
                  Perhaps because they are whites and no mexicans or of some of those countries that are labeled as ****hole countries by Trump
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Far-north Russian village overrun by polar bears

More than 50 polar bears have descended on a village in Russia's far north.

All public activities in Ryrkaypiy, in Chukotka region, have been cancelled, and schools are being guarded to protect residents from the bears.

Conservationists say climate change could be to blame, with weak coastal ice forcing the bears to search for food in the village rather than at sea.

Other experts have said polar bear visits are now so frequent, Ryrkaypiy should be permanently evacuated.

(...)
                    All public activities in Ryrkaypiy have been cancelled until the polar bears leave.
                    Blah

Comment

• Kansas City becomes first major American city with universal fare-free public transit

Today, Kansas City became the first major American city to have fare-free public transit.

City council voted unanimously to make city bus routes fare-free, reports KSHB, directing the city manager to develop and enact a plan. The city’s light rail was already free.

Free bus service, which is expected to cost about $8 million, has been pitched as a major help to low-income residents who rely on transit to commute to work.

New mayor Quinton Lucas helped spearhead the plan with the support of city opinion leaders including the Kansas City Star‘s editorial board.

Other supporters included City Councilman Eric Bunch.

“When we’re talking about improving people’s lives who are our most vulnerable citizens, I don’t think there’s any question that we need to find that money,” Bunch told KSHB. “That’s not a ton of money and it’s money that we as a city, if we want to prioritize public transportation, it’s something that we can find.”

Public transit has become a focus on intense political activity in cities across the country as young climate change protestors demand investment in mass transit to help battle climate change.

While progressive Kansas City enacts universal fare-free transit, other cities, such as Portland, Oregon, are redoubling efforts to crack down on scofflaws and hiring more transit cops to deter free riders.

Comment

• Wow, Kansas City doing the right thing. Impressed
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                          I think if one country builds a wall, other countries would strife to get up counter-walls to not allow a wall-gap! We might end up in a cold wall war soon where more and more resources are put into wall-building to keep a height advantage.

Also, one wall doesn't strike me as enough - it needs backup-walls and pre-wall walls to have enough protection. I call it a deep wall system.
                          We need pre-emptive strike walls that can wall off people from coming into our country even before they get out of theirs. Intercontinental balistic walls that can target any location on the planet. Space walls. Walls hidden on submarines that can be deployed even if our walls back home have been destroyed!

Comment

• That would be terrible in California. They already have bums riding 12 hours a day on the bus because they can pay once and never get off and sitting in the AC is better than sitting outside. So they shoot up on the bus, drink illegally on the bus, pass out and crap themselves on the bus, etc...

Teo years ago my car broke and I decided to take the bus instead of renting a car or hiring an Uber. My commute was ten miles from my home to work which was in a major employment area yet it took four buses and three transfers to get there taking two hours and fifteen minutes one way (according to the schedule). Along the way the third bus broke down causing me to miss the connecting fourth bus which, of course, stopped running after 8:30am because it was a “morning commuter bus. This meant I had to get two additional buses to complete the trip. I arrived an hour late to work, the MTS didn’t care or even say sorry about their bus breaking down and everyone missing their connections, plus despite it being the morning a bum literally injected heroine on the bus and pissed himself.

I decided to take an Uber home which took 20 minutes even with traffic and only cost about $11. I will never take a bus again if I can help it. The trolley is not much better and has a much more limited service area.
                            Last edited by Dinner; December 8, 2019, 01:16.

Comment

• Cars are relatively cheap, you can go where you want when you want, and you don’t have to deal with the most troubled elements of society.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                                Space walls.
                                I'm waiting for the movie

Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X