No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNL Mocks Trump for ‘Helping’ ISIS Six Minutes After Americans Learn He Killed ISIS’s Leader

By Pluralist | Oct 27, 2019
    “Saturday Night Live” picked the wrong week to joke about President Donald Trump’s record on the Islamic State.

During the cold open, the NBC comedy show brought back Alec Baldwin to impersonate the president. The sketch, a parody of Trump’s recent rally near Albuquerque, New Mexico, saw a series of cast members come on stage as stupidly conspiratorial Trump supporters.

At one point, Pete Davidson appeared as an ISIS member.

MORE: Trump Didn’t Tell Congress About Baghdadi Raid So They Wouldn’t Get Everyone Killed, He Says

“And where are you from? New Mexico?” Baldwin’s Trump asked.

00:00

Advertisement

“ISIS!” Davidson replied. “Yeah, I was a prisoner in Syria until last week when you freed me, so, I just wanted to say, thank you for bringing jobs back. To ISIS. And I promise that I will make ISIS great again! Whoo!”

“Terrific. What a great guy. ISIS is back in a big, big way, folks. And we love that, don’t we? OK,” Baldwin said.

As noted by NewsBusters, six minutes before “SNL”‘s 11:30 Eastern time start, Jennifer Griffin of Fox News tweetedthat ISIS leader Abu-Bakr al-Baghdadi may have been killed in a raid by U.S. forces in Syria. Cable news aired the news shortly after midnight.
    Democrats: It's funny because it's true that Trump is helping ISIS.

Democrats a little while later: Ah man, I don't like this. Let's watch CNN. They can spin this so that we can pretend that it's bad.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Gee... it's nice to know that Trump could at least kill one ISIS member... He only needs to get the other 799 plus that escaped thanks to his back stabbing of the Kurds.
      I guess he thinks 1 vs 799 plus is a win. Moron...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Corrupt journos are smearing POTUS for announcing the death of the head of ISIS. Most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

Comment

• Do you have any actual quotes for us to judge by, or are we expected to take your word for it?

I thought he sounded like a senile old man during that self promotion news conference. He kept repeating himself like he couldn't remember that he said something already 5 or 10 minutes prior. How many times could he claim to be right about Osama.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So who's the new head of ISIS?

Comment

• LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

No big Trump-Fans at the Baseball game, it seems
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• So, who has been central for the US success in killing AL Bagdadi?

The population group who has been abandoned by Trumps USA ... the Kurds.
                It was kurdish intelligence (that even continued after the Kurds were betrayed by the USA) which allowed the US troops to locate Al Bagdadi

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-actions.html

In addition it seems like the Kurds themselves were able to locate and kill a close aide to Al Bagdadis

https://www.iol.co.za/news/world/syr...hdadi-36138276

In contrast to this it was Trump who actually endangered the whole operation. Trump himself knew a month in advance about the planned OP to kill Al Bagdadi
                and his abrupt decision to withdraw the US troops from Syria (which wasn't announced in advance to the US Generals) actually threatened to turn the operation into a failure (from the first link)

Surely something Trump should be told every time he starts to boast about "his sucess" in killing Al Bagdadi
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• And don't forget all of his claims about how right he was about how Osama should have been killed back in the days. Which most reputable new sites have debunked already.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• ISIS thanks you.

Comment

• For what? Mocking Trump, who would lead you to believe that he's actually responsible for the everything that happened during the raid while he sat safely in the situation room.
                      At least Obama had the sense to spend his conference thanking the men instead of wasting the time talking about himself, like trump did.
                      Which he even managed to lie about. Check out his claims about what he said. (multiple times)
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                        For what? Mocking Trump, who would lead you to believe that he's actually responsible for the everything that happened during the raid while he sat safely in the situation room.
                        There actually are indications that he didn't even sit in the situation room when the raid took place, but that rather the photo was staged some time after the raids success (and that Trump actually was golfing at the time of the raid )

https://www.newsweek.com/obama-photo...olfing-1468012

Last edited by Proteus_MST; October 28, 2019, 15:07.

Comment

• Berzerker
                          Berzerker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          priorities

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        ISIS thanks you.
                        ISIS thanks Trump for allowing 800+ of their captured fighters to escape so they can get back in the fight
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• that photo looks so fake it's embarassing

Comment

• If only journos were that brave.

Comment

• Bill Maher got taken off the air for saying the 9/11 hijackers weren't cowards lol

Comment

Working...
                              X