No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, the G7 won't be having a communique from the leaders at the end. This will be the first time. They won't even be trying for a consensus because they know Trump is too mercurial, making him incapable of signing anything meaningful.

Usually, months go into negotiating a 'final communique', and the actual G7 (or G8) allows the leaders to discuss a few trade details, security details, pose for pictures, etc... But no attempt was made this time because Trump stormed out of the last one with hurt feelings, and insulting the various world leaders the US should really be nice to.

So, the only thing to look for will be how idiotic Trump is this time, and if the others can reach a few behind-the-scenes deals.

Canada will be trying to get a reciprocal trade deal with the UK (dealing with Johnson), that could kick in the day the UK finally leaves Europe. (I don't think the 'Brexit' forces really told the Brits that they day the UK leaves Europe, they won't have any active trade deals period.) I'm sure Britain can sleep well knowing their fate is in Johnson's hands...
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• US-Japan trade deal reached
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Trump describes cutting Social Security, Medicare as a "second term project".

Comment

• That will fire up the older republican base, for sure.
          Like a dem controlled house will ever go along with that,.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Former chairman of the psychology dept at Duke said that Trump is worse than Hitler and Brian Stelter CNN just sat there and listened.

edit: He says he was distracted. Sure. Your guest says Trump is worse than Hitler and you are distracted.

Comment

• Dpnnie suggests dropping nukes into Hurricanes in order to stop them from hitting the USA

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Newest hoax: Amazon Rain Forest Fire Hoax

Comment

• What, is it not on fire?
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    What, is it not on fire?
                    Bless your heart.

Comment

• Can't believe someone actually believes that hoaxes don't involve any factual information.

Comment

• I guess that means that the Amazonas rain forest is on fire, but you don't care
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• If someone set them on fire so they can pull a hoax I care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            If someone set them on fire so they can pull a hoax I care.
                            The people who set them on fire (if it ws set on fire) don't aim for a Hoax but aim at illegally getting more land for agriculture.

The result will be:
                            Lots of rain forest gone (together with its capability to turn CO2 into O2, together with its richness in species (am ong them possible undiscovered one which may have medical properties that could have been exploited))

And the people who set the forect on fire will be able to farm the soil for maybe 2-3 years till erosion and agriculture have depleted the soil so much that it becomes almost infertile (and not very much will grow on it anymore)

"Good for you" that you are not really worry about something (willfully destroying the green lung of the planet) that may have a profound future effect on the future of the survival of mankind no matter where they live

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

The people who set them on fire (if it ws set on fire) don't aim for a Hoax but aim at illegally getting more land for agriculture.

The result will be:
                              Lots of rain forest gone (together with its capability to turn CO2 into O2, together with its richness in species (am ong them possible undiscovered one which may have medical properties that could have been exploited))

And the people who set the forect on fire will be able to farm the soil for maybe 2-3 years till erosion and agriculture have depleted the soil so much that it becomes almost infertile (and not very much will grow on it anymore)

"Good for you" that you are not really worry about something (willfully destroying the green lung of the planet) that may have a profound future effect on the future of the survival of mankind no matter where they live
                              I don't care because I am not easily manipulated by the global elitists that can afford to be worried about fires thousands of miles away. I have a lot more things to worry about. As a general rule I don't care what they tell me to care about because it's always at best a distraction. At worst it's a conspiracy against me. I have nothing against farmers in Brazil.

And "It's the worst fires since 2013!"

Comment

• With the fire season in the Amazon approaching its midpoint, scientists using NASA satellites to track fire activity have confirmed an increase in the number and intensity of fires in the Brazilian Amazon in 2019, making it the most active fire year in that region since 2010.
                                Satellites have detected an increase in fire activity early in the 2019 dry season in the southern Amazon.

NASA is working for the free masons.

Comment

Working...
                                X