No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protesters crashed Pelosi's lifetime achievement ceremony chanting "Impeach now." She just joked and said they are helping her. It's like they don't know that there will soon be no more Pelosis, especially in California.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Biden vs. Trump, two senile old men who barely know what planet they're on.

Comment

• Trump isn't senile. Maybe you are.

Comment

• Someday we will discover the "oranges" of his mental deterioration.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
            Someday we will discover the "oranges" of his mental deterioration.
            Well you keep believing that Biden has a chance.

Comment

• Tlaib cried again. I guess that's not news.

Comment

• Orange man had managed to make Journos condemn blasphemy now.

Comment

• Gillette is going back to promoting masculinity. Imagine my shock!
                  Last edited by Kidlicious; August 23, 2019, 11:29.

Comment

• And back to some real newsworthy stuffs....

'You're the guy with the ball to the crotch': The inside story behind the funniest baseball card ever made

Keith Comstock played on four major league clubs as a journeyman reliever, but his professional career is most often remembered for one thing: a ball to the crotch. Thirty years ago -- in what otherwise would have been a forgotten minor league set -- Comstock appeared on one of the most memorable baseball cards ever made. Here's the story of how it came together, in his words.
                    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...card-ever-made
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Journalist stopped by US border agent 'for being part of fake news media'

A British journalist has said he was stopped at a US airport by a border agent who accused the writer of being part of the “fake news media”, a term regularly used by Donald Trump to attack media coverage he disapproves of.

James Dyer, online editor-in-chief at Empire Magazine, said he was questioned by the Customs and Border Protection agent after he displayed his journalist visa at Los Angeles International Airport border control.

“He wanted to know if I’d ever worked for CNN or MSNBC or other outlets that are ‘spreading lies to the American people’,” Mr Dyer tweeted of the incident on Thursday. “He aggressively told me that journalists are liars and are attacking their democracy.”

CNN and MSNBC are cable news channels which receive particular scorn from the president.

“Apparently the only truth now comes from YouTube and the president. All this said under a CBP sign that says ‘we are the face of our nation’. And with a framed picture of 45 staring down. In f***ing California!!! Welcome to Trump’s America!” Mr Dyer added.

California is considered a liberal outpost in the US, and is regularly attacked by Mr Trump, who stands little chance of winning the state in the 2020 election. “45” is shorthand for Mr Trump, who is America’s 45th president.

Mr Dyer said the agent let him go after he revealed he was in the US to write about an upcoming Star Wars movie.

“The malignant affect this presidency has had on what was once a beacon of democracy and freedom is absolutely chilling,” Mr Dyer said, adding that he made no complaint because he was never detained or “mistreated”.

A CBP spokesperson told The Independent: "Unappropriated (sic) comments or behaviour are not tolerated, and do not reflect our values of vigilance, integrity and professionalism. We strongly advise travellers to file a formal complaint so alleged misconduct is properly investigated."

LAX airport has been contacted for comment.

The alleged incident comes amid an escalating campaign against many media outlets by Mr Trump, who earlier this week accused the “fake news lamestream media” of encouraging a recession and suggested falsely news organisations were lying about his negative poll ratings.

Critics have said Mr Trump’s relentless assaults on the press make physical attacks on journalists more likely. Earlier this month a supporter of Mr Trump's was jailed for sending fake pipe bombs to a number of his perceived enemies, including to the offices of CNN.

Comment

• Only 72% of Ds want impeachment probe. What are they doing?!

Comment

• Trump is meeting with Macron. Macron might put France first.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                            Journalist stopped by US border agent 'for being part of fake news media'

Probably fake news

Comment

• Biden has compared TDS to the psychologically impact of the assassination of Reverend MLK. He's telling people with TDS that it's like King got assassinated again.

Comment

• Warren surprised Biden as the odds on favorite.

Comment

Working...
                                X