No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news story from Florida. 2 priests have consensual adult sex...

Police said the act was taking place in full view of anyone walking by on the sidewalk, and the rental car's windows weren't tinted.

OK. So it was in public with each other, but still, baby steps...
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Those two lol... If you are going to do it in a car, park behind some abandoned building or somewhere more private lol. No, I don't have experience with that lol.

But finally something consensual and of legal age and then they get removed. If it was kiddie diddling, the church would investigate and move them to a different parish of course.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Yes, Trump responds to claims that he acts like a petulant 5 year old with...............wait for it............by acting like a petulant 5 year old. Who would have guessed it.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

I can't stand Pence and think he's a P.O.S, but he'll be easily beaten in 2020.
          There is the issue of safety. I trust that we will be much less likely to have a major war or collapse of the international system under Pence.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

There is the issue of safety. I trust that we will be much less likely to have a major war or collapse of the international system under Pence.

JM
            Well democrats need to retake Congress (at the minimum the House) to keep Pence at bay. The guy is seriously bad news for minorities, especially LGBT people. The damage Trump has done to the GOP is already done nonetheless.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• That`s really signs of a banana republic.

Guess who was the man who got to decide which documents about Kavanaugh the senate got to see before the hearing (and which will be filtered out)
              Well, in "normal" states I guess, this would be some impartial person ... neither affiliated with Kavanaugh, nor the GOP nor the DEMs.

In Trumps USA however it is:
              Private lawyer Bill Burke, once Kavanaugh’s deputy in the Bush WH, now represents Steve Bannon, Reince Priebus, and Don McGahn. It’s outrageous and may be unconstitutional to give him power to decide which Kavanaugh documents the Senate & public may see.

Well, I guess it is a necessary step in Trumps banana republic, in order to filter out all documents that may be obstacles for the nomination of Kavanaugh,
              whose most important task (after nomination) probably will be to save Donnie from Mueller
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                … and make sure no American woman has a safe abortion again.

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Well democrats need to retake Congress (at the minimum the House) to keep Pence at bay. The guy is seriously bad news for minorities, especially LGBT people. The damage Trump has done to the GOP is already done nonetheless.
              On the other hand, he is not nearly as seriously bad news to brown people as Trump is. Which is a larger percentage of the population and are currently facing greater consequences than LGBT have faced from the national government in decades (attacks on citizenship, child cages, deportation (of citizens, legal residents and illegal residents), attacks on voting rights and more).

The LGBT community seems to me to be really self centered.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

On the other hand, he is not nearly as seriously bad news to brown people as Trump is. Which is a larger percentage of the population and are currently facing greater consequences than LGBT have faced from the national government in decades (attacks on citizenship, child cages, deportation (of citizens, legal residents and illegal residents), attacks on voting rights and more).

The LGBT community seems to me to be really self centered.

JM
                No we are not. Period.

And the LGBT community has been under endless attack by this administration.

We also stand with other groups that have faced discrimination. By the way, many immigrants are LGBT too.

Not self centered in the slightest!

Comment

• US Median Household Income
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, essentially unchanged this century when adjusted for inflation. What's your point?

• The chart, which YOU posted, states that adjusted HH income has risen from $61,279 in 2001 to $62,175 in 2018, an annualized growth rate of 0.086%. Note, that's not "8 percent" but "8/10ths of 1%".

And this proves what, exactly? That household wages have, in fact, not grown with corporate profits? Appreciate the concession and more proof! That you don't know the difference between nominal and adjusted dollars? I thought we already had proven this, but thanks for the reminder!

Oh, and in case you decide to delete it when (if?) you realize you just self-owned yourself, here is the chart:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_178905.png
Views:	81
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	9359314

Comment

• Well it's obvious that he didn't really know what the chart showed since he didn't provide any comment along with it. He probably just thought it was "pretty" and that somehow he could attribute the last half inch to Trump.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Kidiot just owned himself with a chart that proves he is nothing. Also how about posting the increasing disparity between the rich and middle, or the rich and working class? The reason why wages went up slightly is because the rich are getting more rich, while median wages are actually starting to decline.

Comment

• Are we great yet?

At least three men were killed in a shooting Thursday at the Fifth Third Center in Cincinnati's Fountain Square, and two others were injured, Cincinnati police Chief Eliot Isaac said.

We seem to have mass shootings every single day now. What's the solution? More guns? Why is it red states have more mass shootings?

Comment

• Umm no, chart title says Median explicitly. I think you confusing that with the mean.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Mean, sorry.

And this is more what I meant:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...heyre-falling/

Sorry for being vague.
                          ​​​
                          Wages have been flat or declining, and inflation is eating into wage growth at a accelerated pace.

Kidiot will just say we need to wait for the trickle down. *rich ******* unzips pants*

Edit: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...past-year.html

Since that legislation’s [tax scam] passage, economic growth in the U.S. has actually slowed; consumer spending and wage growth has been tepid; and business investment, unremarkable.
                          Economic growth is slowing too.
                          Last edited by Giancarlo; September 6, 2018, 15:43.

Comment

Working...
                          X