Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go ahead. Call this racist.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Kidiot, you're a racist because you hate ethnic minorities and a bigot because you're a homophobic and transphobic tool.

As far as that tweet, Duncan Hunter is clearly in trouble. He used campaign money for personal pleasure and expenses. Sounds familiar.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• The Kavanaugh hearing turned into a dumpster fire within the first 5 seconds. That should convince a lot of moderates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

That's a good line. I'll remember to use it every time a libtard calls me a racist.

Oh, you're racist.
          He who says it, is it!

Comment

The Kavanaugh hearing turned into a dumpster fire within the first 5 seconds. That should convince a lot of moderates.
            Says the guy who supports a party -14% in the House race. Not looking so good.

An administration under several major criminal investigations shouldn't be appointing judges.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

The Kavanaugh hearing turned into a dumpster fire within the first 5 seconds. That should convince a lot of moderates.
              Just keeping consistent with everything else this Administration does.
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• We live in a country where half the country will intentionally eat food that will kill them faster just to spite Michelle Obama, intentionally drive cars that will produce more CO2 and give their kids asthma just to spite the EPA, and destroy their own clothes and coffee makers to spite Kaepernick.

Welcome to the Kiderdome, where the greatest damage is always self-inflicted!

Comment

• Some real juicy tidbits from Bob Woodward’s upcoming book. I’m pretty sure he is off the Trump org Christmas card list.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Says the guy who supports a party -14% in the House race. Not looking so good.

An administration under several major criminal investigations shouldn't be appointing judges.
                    But, but, how else should a (potentially) criminal administration protect itself from prosecution,if not by appointing their own judges?
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180904_132640.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	523.6 KB
ID:	9359130

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

But, but, how else should a (potentially) criminal administration protect itself from prosecution,if not by appointing their own judges?
                        Won't save their asses if they get prosecuted in a state court like New York. But this could hurt minorities and many others. Kavanaugh has no business being in the SCOTUS.

Comment

I guess Proteus doesn't think blacklisting conservatives is a funny issue. Maybe that's why his CNN never tells that joke.
                          There is a big difference between private citizens calling for a boycott of certain shows or brands and administration officials doing so
                          (like Trump and Sarah Huckabee constantly doing)

To say it with an example:
                          I am sure that you remember the baker who successfully fought befoe court, that he has the freedom not to bake a wedding cake for same sex couples.

Well, restaurant owners have the same freedom to refuse to serve Trumpist administration officials.

Likewise private people have the freedom to call for a boycott of advertiser who, by buying commercials during these shows, support shows in which the hosts show dehumanizing behavior (for example by claiming that the victims of mass shootings are method actors)

Again, as I said, there is a big difference between private people doing this and the administration doing it (just like, for example, the 1st amendment doesn't extend to private businesses ... a private owner of a web forum, for example, can limit your "1st amendment rights" as his heart desires).
                          If the administration (and its officials) tries to blacklist businesses and people (like the Trump administration constantly does), I am sure it is more in the realm of illegal, than if private citizens do.
                          (you, conservatives, can do so as well ... and I guess you are only complaining, because conservative attempts at blacklisting are less successful than the liberal ones (just look at the constant Propaganda tweets Donnie creates against the NYT and CNN ... but actually, they are better off than before the Trump administration ))
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I believe this administration has violated the Hatch act multiple times. It actually could be illegal. I'm unsure if the Hatch Act extends to Trump himself. Something that needs to be looked into.
                            Last edited by Giancarlo; September 4, 2018, 16:16.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                              -Jrabbit commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hatch Act specifically does not apply to the President and Vice President.

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180904_161219.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	745.5 KB
ID:	9359139

Comment

• Nike (-3.16%)

Comment

Working...
                              X