Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
    I would dig up posts from summer 2016 about how LOL Trump is going to get curbstomped and anyone who says otherwise is delusional. But I'm lazy.
    He lost the popular vote as expected by the RCP average.

If this country was normal, he wouldn't be President.

But this isn't 2016, bud. The ****ty results for republicans in their own districts speak for themselves.

Plus Trump's approval ratings are in the ****ter.

Here is an example of how bad things are for them right now:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...as-lyceum-poll

Stuff like this should not happen. If Texas continues trending the way it is, in the long run republicans could be in serious trouble. Texas is a lot like Pete Wilson's California.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
      Ryanair: 'Tinkerbell' thrown off flight at Stansted
      A "disruptive fairy" forced delays on a Ryanair flight after armed police were called to remove him from the plane.

"Tinkerbell" and another passenger had caused trouble on the flight due to take off earlier from London Stansted Airport for Krakow, Poland.

He later said armed police had turned up and "one officer has adjusted the man's wings".

"Meanwhile, the man dressed as Bob the Builder has been exceptionally well behaved," he added.
      A man dressed as the Peter Pan fairy was taken off the plane to Poland by armed officers, police say.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Aeson
        Aeson commented
        Editing a comment
        It's unbelievable ... How in this day and age are there not any cell phone videos of this incident?

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        It was Ryan Air... their passengers cannot afford cell phones, and still wear costumes from last months panto...

• https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apo...195223592.html

Yet another impeachable and jailable offense by the worthless piece of **** in the white house. Interfering with an ongoinh trial? Yet another list of his crimes against this country. The stupid moron just doesn't realize how deep he is in right now.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Drain the Trump!
        Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
          https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apo...195223592.html

Yet another impeachable and jailable offense by the worthless piece of **** in the white house. Interfering with an ongoinh trial? Yet another list of his crimes against this country. The stupid moron just doesn't realize how deep he is in right now.
          Which is why it is so extremly important for anyone who wants to have an impeachment of Trump (if the Mueller and other investigations turn out impeachable offenses) to vote in the midterms.

It is totally clear that the current GOP government in house and senate will care more about their hatred of the democrats than about justice and therefore will prevent an impeachment at all costs no matter what crimes of Trump will be uncovered
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Actually, just to consider the accusations requires a Democrat majority as the Republicans in the House have been fighting against all investigations in any way possible (and since the investigation is led by a non-partisan group of Democrats and Republicans, that certainty makes it seem like they think he is guilty).

The actual trial requires 2/3rd of the senate and so would definitely require bipartisan action. The Republicans in the Senate seem a little more independent and willing to call out Trump for his failings and so there is hope that if the evidence presented (with impeachment) was strong enough that Republicans in the Senate would do the right thing.

JM
            (Note that I am not even assuming that the Democrats will try to impeach nor that the Senate would vote to remove. It is obvious that the only way that the accusations which see serious and real would be considered is that the Democrats take he House. It is clear at the very least that Trump has Obstructed Justice, the fact that the Republicans in the House fight even that (not even the Impeachment or Removal for Obstruction) is very telling.)
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b018b93e950322

Now the details come out about Trump's long time fixer and bookie... Cohen is under investigation for 20 million dollars worth of bank fraud charges and further charges stemming from campaign finance violations (and you can guess with whose campaign).

The juicy details keep coming. This is like an endless filet mignon.

How many years in prison could he be facing? Essentially life.

You know what the cool part about this is? He's facing charges in New York state. Trump can't pardon him there lol.
              Last edited by Giancarlo; August 19, 2018, 20:49.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure these are Federal investigators working under the SDNY office, Giancarlo.

Comment

• pchang
                  pchang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As usual, JohnT is correct.

• JohnT
                  JohnT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ahhhh, signature material. Thanks!

• Ah. Correction noted. State charges could always come later. I thought the bank fraud charges were state though because the crime broke New York State law.

Comment

• JohnT was right on the charges being federal, but Cohen could still be looking at state charges. Nonetheless, criminal charges could be announced in the next two weeks before September.

Lovely. Trump seems to hang around with a lot of criminals. If your attorney/bookie ends up in prison, that's not a good sign for you.

Comment

• Heck, when you're the only one in your group of buds that isn't in jail........................it means you must be the president.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Judge Ellis has refused to release the names of the jurors to the enemies of the people saying that it's not right that they should be threatened like he has been.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• POTUS will take a security clearance away from another ex-FBI agent, Phil Mudd, after Mudd showed serious signs of mental breakdown on the TV.

Comment

• Mudd is the same lunatic that used the N-word to Don Lemmon in his "****holer" rant. Apparently he thought Catholics are ****holes. (Even Little Dickie Durbin admitted that he lied about Trump. Only lunatic leftists use that word.]

Comment

Working...
                            X