Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidiot with more fake news...
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I like how Donald tries to distance himself from t he meeting while simultaneously claiming there's nothing wrong with the meeting. If it's ok to have the meeting, why even worry if someone thought you knew about the meeting or not? Obviously even Donald thinks Donnie Jr is guilty of something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

From Politico just to make you aware that the FBI put a footnote in the application. It doesn't mention Clinton by name, which is a problem. It says candidate 1 or something like that. So there is more we need to know.
        Well, seems like the FBI even informed the FISC about the fact that the Steele Dossier was financed by a politically motivated party, as was confirmed by one of the judges at the FISC:
        https://www.businessinsider.de/nunes...18-2?r=US&IR=T

So, while the FISA application itself doesn't contain any mentioning about its financing, the FBI didn't willfully withhold this information in order to get the FISA application granted.(but rather expressed it verbally instead of in written form)

It also seems that the Steele dossier only contributes a small part to the data brought forth by the FBI as justification for the siurveillance of Page
        See also here:
        https://www.factcheck.org/2018/02/tr...mocratic-memo/
        https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/02/02...lance-warrant/

So, actually factchecking the whole Steele dossier was unnecessary in order to be able to claim that everything in the FISA application is verified (it was only necessary to verify the tiny parts of the Dossier that went into the FISA application as justiffication for the warrant)
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Oh those pesky facts. You can't bother the Kidiot with them...
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• So Trump supporters marched in Portland and were beating up opponents. They also threatened to shoot anyone who dare opposed them. They also called for arrest of private citizen Hillary Clinton.

Typical bunch... And the police response was misdirected. These are right wing terrorists and they all need to be locked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Well, seems like the FBI even informed the FISC about the fact that the Steele Dossier was financed by a politically motivated party, as was confirmed by one of the judges at the FISC:
              https://www.businessinsider.de/nunes...18-2?r=US&IR=T

So, while the FISA application itself doesn't contain any mentioning about its financing, the FBI didn't willfully withhold this information in order to get the FISA application granted.(but rather expressed it verbally instead of in written form)

It also seems that the Steele dossier only contributes a small part to the data brought forth by the FBI as justification for the siurveillance of Page
              See also here:
              https://www.factcheck.org/2018/02/tr...mocratic-memo/
              https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/02/02...lance-warrant/

So, actually factchecking the whole Steele dossier was unnecessary in order to be able to claim that everything in the FISA application is verified (it was only necessary to verify the tiny parts of the Dossier that went into the FISA application as justiffication for the warrant)
              Double speak
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Regarding material other than the Dossier that is redacted, Nunes and House republicans are loudly calling for it to be read on the House floor. Why aren't Shifty and the other Dems joining them? The people deserve the truth.

edit: The House Intelligence Committee has all read the unredacted version.

Comment

• The FBI also falsely accused Page of being an "agent of a foreign power" in the FISA application. That label has a specific legal meaning that doesn't fit Page.

Comment

• This is what two people who read the unredacted application said before the redacted version was released ...

The bulk of the [first Carter Page FISA] application consists of allegations against Page that were disclosed to the FBI by Mr. Steele and are also outlined in the Steele dossier. The application appears to contain no additional information corroborating the dossier allegations against Mr. Page.
                    You are simply repeating lies. No informed person actually believes the lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      I like how Donald tries to distance himself from t he meeting while simultaneously claiming there's nothing wrong with the meeting. If it's ok to have the meeting, why even worry if someone thought you knew about the meeting or not? Obviously even Donald thinks Donnie Jr is guilty of something.
                      Um no. He isn't trying to distance himself. He's punching back.

Comment

• Kidiot with not one citation to back himself up... And is lying.

Comment

• We're creating the Space Force.

Comment

Um no. He isn't trying to distance himself. He's punching back.
                            He said he didn't know about the meeting in the tweet, dumbass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

He said he didn't know about the meeting in the tweet, dumbass.
                              And they said he colluded with Russia. Counterpunch

Comment

We're creating the Space Force.
                                Much more important than spending money on programs for the poor
                                If the poor die new poor people will take their place ... if the fictious aliens invade, we are doomed without a space force
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X