Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

More Faux News/Trumptweet/Giuliani talking points. Technically incorrect, of course. Here are the facts, as described by The Economist:

So you see, indicting people for committing crimes that become evident during the investigation IS PART OF HIS JOB. But apparently, you'd rather see known criminals run free.

Have some more Kool-Aid, Kid.

Oh, and here's the link - just in case you'd like some actual information.
    https://www.economist.com/leaders/20...ob-description
    This is s strawman. To simplify my argument, if Trump didn't obstruct justice and collude with Russian than Mueller's appointment isn't justified, and continuing the investigation is an abuse of power.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      So now you claim that FACTS are a strawman?

Why are you so afraid to let the investigation come to its natural conclusion and have the facts come out?
      We know the Russians meddled. Even Trump (after his disastrous Putin press conference) agrees.
      Any true patriot would want that investigated and, if possible, stopped.
      If your man is innocent, there's nothing to fear. Which, I swear, I would be fine with.

What I would NOT be fine with would be to stop a fruitful criminal investigation because the people being investigated say so.

• Kidlicious
      Kidlicious commented
      Editing a comment
      Another logical fallacy. It doesn't make your argument logical just because you used facts. Do you use logical fallacies every single time, or do you ever use logic?

"Why are you so afraid of letting the investigation continue?"

Strawman

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Democrats: Trump's tax cuts are a scam. They are creating so many jobs that people have two jobs. AND INFLATION!

Conservatives: What is the inflation rate?

Democrats: 2.9%!

Inflation has climbed significantly under Trump. That isn't low. Its the highest its been since the Bush years. People's disposable incomes are either flat or actually down.

Job growth was higher under Obama.

These are facts you need to grasp.

Btw, GDP growth has been cut to 2%. Far weaker than Obama.
    Last edited by Giancarlo; July 30, 2018, 15:53.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

This is s strawman. To simplify my argument, if Trump didn't obstruct justice and collude with Russian than Mueller's appointment isn't justified, and continuing the investigation is an abuse of power.
      Now you are just downright lying. Wrong. The DOJs own press release and directive gave Mueller that power.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Inflation has climbed significantly under Trump. That isn't low. Its the highest its been since the Bush years. People's disposable incomes are either flat or actually down.

Job growth was higher under Obama.

These are facts you need to grasp.

Btw, GDP growth has been cut to 2%. Far weaker than Obama.
        Inflation can't climb substantially to 2.9%. You are so ridiculous it's not even funny.

Comment

Now you are just downright lying. Wrong. The DOJs own press release and directive gave Mueller that power.
          SRAWMAN!

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            You are assuming facts not in evidence. We won't know if there was provable collusion or obstruction until the investigation in concluded.
            Apparently you can neither spell nor correctly define "strawman."

• Broken_Erika
            Broken_Erika commented
            Editing a comment
            If you only had a brain. Brains. BRAAAAIIINNNSSS!!!!

• Kidlicious
            Kidlicious commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can't use logic just accuse people of not being able to spell. What does that do? Nothing. Please don't waste my time.

Another logical fallacy. We don't need to know the results of the investigation to know if Mueller is abusing power or not. Does it look like he is trying to find evidence of collusion to you? Not to me. Let me ask you this, what about Flynn? Whatever happened with that? Nothing dude. Mueller is doing nothing. This is obvious.

Inflation can't climb substantially to 2.9%. You are so ridiculous it's not even funny.
          It was lower and climbed significantly. Open your ****ing eyes for once please.

Americans are not able to purchase as many products and many are now hurting because of tariffs. The collapsing dollar is hurting spending power.
          Last edited by Giancarlo; July 30, 2018, 16:25.

Comment

SRAWMAN!
            Now you are so unhinged you can't even spell.

A real strawman is crediting Trump for something he had nothing to do with (the already strong economy - Thanks Obama!). Or trying to credit the ******* for my personal economic position which I have built up on my own.

This is why his approval ratings are ****.

Comment

• Throughout history people have given too much credit to the President in terms of how much control he has over an improving economy. The same can be said for when it does bad. And then base their vote on the outcome. Which is why we swing back and forth between DEM and REP presidents. I believe they have more power to hurt than help the economy. While I think long term tariffs are just a ploy. (as we saw with the EU) they do have the potential to really slow things down. But as with everything else, Trump will eventually back down claiming he got a much greater deal than he actually got. (if anything at all)
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• We need a multiparty parliamentary system. Won't happen I know. But it would be nice. It would prevent Trump from happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                  A quarter of the parking meters in the Canadian city of St John's have been stolen, it's been reported.
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-new...where-41510470

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Now you are so unhinged you can't even spell.

A real strawman is crediting Trump for something he had nothing to do with (the already strong economy - Thanks Obama!). Or trying to credit the ******* for my personal economic position which I have built up on my own.

This is why his approval ratings are ****.
                    Oh forgot a letter and you accuse me of misspelling. What's next?

NO that's not a strawman. Please learn how to use logic. (I know you are not capable)

Comment

It was lower and climbed significantly. Open your ****ing eyes for once please.

Americans are not able to purchase as many products and many are now hurting because of tariffs. The collapsing dollar is hurting spending power.
                      It climbed 1 percentage rate you stupid twir.

Comment

It climbed 1 percentage rate you stupid twir.
                        You have no clue about economics.

Comment

Oh forgot a letter and you accuse me of misspelling. What's next?

NO that's not a strawman. Please learn how to use logic. (I know you are not capable)
                          Except you constantly make typos. Your spelling is just as poor as your reasoning. You have no logic

Comment

Thanks for proving that a lot of democrats think tax cuts are a scam.
                            And thanks for admitting you were wrong
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                            X