Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
    Can't straws just be recycled or something?
    Yes, they can. Also the "save the oceans from plastic waste" argument is monumentally stupid. Not because throwing plastic in the oceans is good, it is not, but because it has been illegal in the US since the 1970's. Of all the plastic in the world's oceabs the US cobtributes about 0.5% (mostly people throwing trash on the ground and then it gets washed into stormdrains) while Asia (especially China) makes up about 80% with Africa and Latin America making up most of the rest of the balance.

If you really want to decrease plastic waste in oceans then you need to convince those places to actually build modern sanitation systems. Banning straws is just a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction and won't result in any meabingful change. It is a completely useless feel good measure for drooling imbeciles and nothing more. Kind of like banning free grocery bags.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
      Pity, I was so close to travel to Japan in order to learn Ninjutsu from Soke Masaaki Hatsumi and then work as assassin for the Iga-Clan
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Anti-border protesters in Portland have constructed a wall around their illegal camp in the hope of keeping police from arresting them.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

You also didn't write anything to the "Ministry of Truth's" (formerly called White House) doctoring of the Helsinki press conference videos and transcripts
          Fake news. Let me guess, Maddow.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            Hmm from the article you posted.

I don't think John Brennan's tweet counts as proof.
            Some other experts in the article have said the cyber war may constitute as such.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Yes, they can. Also the "save the oceans from plastic waste" argument is monumentally stupid. Not because throwing plastic in the oceans is good, it is not, but because it has been illegal in the US since the 1970's. Of all the plastic in the world's oceabs the US cobtributes about 0.5% (mostly people throwing trash on the ground and then it gets washed into stormdrains) while Asia (especially China) makes up about 80% with Africa and Latin America making up most of the rest of the balance.

If you really want to decrease plastic waste in oceans then you need to convince those places to actually build modern sanitation systems. Banning straws is just a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction and won't result in any meabingful change. It is a completely useless feel good measure for drooling imbeciles and nothing more. Kind of like banning free grocery bags.
              Decreasing plastic usage is what you should be thinking about. You do realize the production of plastic is heavy polluting and involves petroleum? Banning or reducing plastic usage in developed countries is a good step.

Also I need to see evidence for your percentages.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Some other experts in the article have said the cyber war may constitute as such.
                "may" but there is no actual state of war. Trust me, I'd love to be scream Treason. But I refuse to act like a typical republican and just make stuff up.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Fake news. Let me guess, Maddow.
                  Factually true news. Both the Kremlin and the White House doctored their transcripts to edit put the part where Putin said he did support Trump and wanted him to win. Which shows real time collusion right there.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I watched the news conference. Obviously two clothed apes, not Putin and Trump. Fake News.
                    The WH has used the same gorilla before putting lipstick on it... and calling it Saunders.

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Factually true news. Both the Kremlin and the White House doctored their transcripts to edit put the part where Putin said he did support Trump and wanted him to win. Which shows real time collusion right there.
                  Some kind of error. Get it?

Comment

• One better, the government hands out free plastic syringes to drug addicts, but if you give someone a plastic straw the police are authorized to charge you with a crime.

Comment

• Yes, one protects life and the other helps destroy it. Only a Kidiot would treat the two the same.

But all the arguing over the plastic straws seems kind of silly. When I was growing up, everyone used paper straws without any issues. Guess what? They worked just fine.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Paper straws or drinking out of a cup seems fine to me. Straws seems like a such lazy concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post

"may" but there is no actual state of war. Trust me, I'd love to be scream Treason. But I refuse to act like a typical republican and just make stuff up.
                          I not making anything up. But there are far more serious crimes to pin on Trump. Five years in prison isn't heavy enough. I'd rather get him on money laundering and some other illegal financial activity. Cohen now says Trump knew of the Russian meeting in the Trump tower in advanced... Collusion is definitely there. That could be another charge. Collusion and conspiracy.

​​​

Comment

• Yes there are many other crimes to go after him on so I don't want to stretch the definition of treason beyond the constitutional definition.

My money is on tax evasion. Think Al Capone.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Zuckerberg lost 15b in one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X