Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

He didn't start anything. And there isn't going to be any recession, at least not in the USA.
    He did ... by imposing the steel and aluminium tariffs uinder spurious reasons

Especially the steel tariffs may backfire very soon, considering the fact that the USA don't have all too many production capabilities for the high quality steel that gets imported from the EU (especially germany) and any US manufacturers that use high quality steel will have to buy the steel at exorbitant prices, as soon as their stockpiles are depleted.
    Has the potential to drive many manufacturters into bankruptcy (and will surely result in steeply rising prices for their goods, unless they decide to produce/sell at a loss)

Not to forget that the retaliatory tariffs by the EU and Canada (and I suppose mexico) will follow soon, during this month and the beginning of the next one. Tariffs which will especially be aimed at products from those states where Trump and other high ranking republicans come from (and have their main voter base)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• You're crazy. Prices are not going to increase except by maybe 10%. The Canadians are going to pay for Trudeau backstabbing us.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You're crazy. Prices are not going to increase except by maybe 10%. The Canadians are going to pay for Trudeau backstabbing us.
        We didn't backstab you, Trudeau just repeated what he said earlier about the tariffs and stuff. It's not his fault you weren't paying attention the first time around. And good luck to your manufacturing firms that use fine-processed steels from the EU that you can't produce yourself. It'll take some time before your steel industry can produce those kinds of steel. And expect republicans to start rebelling once our tariffs start hitting their exports.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post

We didn't backstab you
          Trump not stabbed inda back??? A major problem for the world, and something Canada will have to explain forevah...
          Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post

Trump not stabbed inda back??? A major problem for the world, and something Canada will have to explain forevah...
            I know! But if trump did go down then Mike Pence would become president.........
            We'd pretty much have to go all or nothing......sending 400-500 ninja beavers to Washington ought to do the trick, or just have Justin Bieber perform in front of congress and the US government
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• So it looks like Trump fell for the old "The check is in the mail" line.

Brilliant negotiating that was.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Trudeau just repeated what he said earlier about the tariffs and stuff.
                I think Trudeau used too many big words. Trumpites are pretty dense.

A pictograph would have been better.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

We didn't backstab you, Trudeau just repeated what he said earlier about the tariffs and stuff. It's not his fault you weren't paying attention the first time around. And good luck to your manufacturing firms that use fine-processed steels from the EU that you can't produce yourself. It'll take some time before your steel industry can produce those kinds of steel. And expect republicans to start rebelling once our tariffs start hitting their exports.
                  Trudeau was just in a meeting with us and didn't say anything about any tariffs. He waited until POTUS was on his flight to negotiate with the enemy. So cowardly.

Comment

Trudeau was just in a meeting with us and didn't say anything about any tariffs. He waited until POTUS was on his flight to negotiate with the enemy. So cowardly.
                    He first announced the tariffs after your tariffs came into effect.

Comment

• Right on cue Kid proves my point.

Comment

• Broken Erika. We are still going to buy steel from Europe. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So the EU gets more money and US firms pay higher prices, meaning Americans will pay more for the finished goods.
                          That does not sound like winning.

• Kidlicious
                          Kidlicious commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The EU gets less money because they don't collect the tariff. The federal government does. But the objective is to get them to open market's

He first announced the tariffs after your tariffs came into effect.
                        Difference is Trump didn't stab him in the back. Trump ran on this. Trudeau knew this was coming a long time ago.

Comment

Broken Erika. We are still going to buy steel from Europe. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.
                          True, you have no choice ... but at 25% higher prices
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I have confirmed that Canada is selling soft lumber below market prices to undercut US workers.

Comment

• Great vid (wish I could embed it):

The latest Speed Read,/speed-reads,,speed-reads, breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at The Week

"Fair and balanced" Fox on display.

Comment

Working...
                              X