Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Don't get too uppity, Wezil, remember that 87% of NAFTA is the US so even though everyone gets hurt in Trumps trade war some can get hurt far more then others despite flag wave politicians saying otherwise.
    I'm not uppity. Trade wars are incredibly stupid. It was your Pres that started it - We were left with no choice but to respond.

Now that we're in it I advocate a no prisoners approach.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post

I'm not uppity. Trade wars are incredibly stupid. It was your Pres that started it - We were left with no choice but to respond.

Now that we're in it I advocate a no prisoners approach.
      You are in no position to take that approach. Do you think you are in the movie Braveheart or something?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• It's "America alone" now.

The combined might of your trading partners retaliating is going to have some sting.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I know you are stupid Kid so I will point out for a 2nd time - We are your #1 export for food products.

Comment

• Facts have never been his strong suit.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I know you are stupid Kid so I will point out for a 2nd time - We are your #1 export for food products.
              Let's see if you know a damn thing about what your talking about. What percentage of the total production of food grown in the U.S. is exported to Canada?

Comment

• If you have a point to make go ahead and make it.

I'm not doing research for you.

Comment

• I will support by cite MY claim however (Canada #1 destination of US food exports) since you almost asked:

The leading U.S. agricultural exports are grains and feeds, soybeans, livestock products, tree nuts, fruits, vegetables, and other horticultural products. The leading U.S. imports are horticultural and tropical products. Canada, Mexico, the European Union, and East Asia are major U.S. trade partners.

Comment

If you have a point to make go ahead and make it.

I'm not doing research for you.
                    Take a wild guess first. Obvious my point is that it isn't significant. Take a guess.

Comment

• Your question is irrelevant.

We are talking about TARIFFS which apply only to items crossing international BORDERS.

What you eat yourself does not apply unless your argument is that US food exports are insignificant. If that is your position then check my source above. Food is an important US export.

edit - Particularly in some US states. Hence the targeted tariffs in return. US farm states will be most affected.

Comment

Your question is irrelevant.

We are talking about TARIFFS which apply only to items crossing international BORDERS.

What you eat yourself does not apply unless your argument is that US food exports are insignificant. If that is your position then check my source above. Food is an important US export.

edit - Particularly in some US states. Hence the targeted tariffs in return. US farm states will be most affected.
                        Ok so you have no idea how prices work. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

• Is that your argument?

Ugh. Like proteus I am now slain.

Comment

• Do you think prices don't matter, or what? I should be asking you ... what is YOUR argument. How are you going to hurt us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              Do you think prices don't matter, or what? I should be asking you ... what is YOUR argument. How are you going to hurt us?
                              The farmers in the affected states will have fewer people buying their crops forcing them to sell at lower prices, slashing their income.
                              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                                Uncle Sparky commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Trump will give all the surplus food to his new North Korean friends...

• Yeah, but Kid knows better than those actually affected. Like this Missouri farmer -

If there's a political rationale for the Trump administration imposing steel and aluminum tariffs on U.S. allies such as Canada, many economists believe it's about playing to the farm vote and manufacturing sector. The danger in this, analysts warn, is that an escalating trade war will hurt the farm belt.

Comment

Working...
                              X