Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post

Not quite appropriate.. Doh

We'll let people judge for themselves. She has spent the time since apologizing.

I'd hate to be a comedian these days. Imagine how long Don Rickles would last in today's politically correct world.
    Rosanne was never "appropriate." She's funny. MAGA.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Rosanne was never "appropriate." She's funny. MAGA.
      One can be funny without being racist.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Yet when someone calls trump a baboon, everyone cheers.
        Rosanne will have to commiserate with Tim Allen.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

One can be funny without being racist.
          She isn't racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            Yet when someone calls trump a baboon, everyone cheers.
            Rosanne will have to commiserate with Tim Allen.
            True ... there are people from both sides of the political spectrum, who may be too extreme in what they consider humor
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

She isn't racist.
              Maybe, maybe not ... her latest tweet about Valerie Jarrett was seen by most readers as racist, however

Comment

• Tim Allen's show was cancelled due to his right leaning politics and Obama jokes. If those on the left were treated equally, there would be nothing interesting on TV.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maybe, maybe not ... her latest tweet about Valerie Jarrett was seen by most readers as racist, however
                  If she had stopped at Muslim brotherhood she would have gotten away with it.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Usually, Kid defends arbitrary labor actions by corporate America.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I never thought Roseanne was funny and she's probably at least a little bit racist, but firing people because they say dumb things is a trend I wish would go away.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                        Uncle Sparky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Or use the same standard with a certain PotUS who shall remain nameless...

Doesn't matter what people think, or what people pretend to think. She didn't say anything about black people. She likes black people.

Comment

• U.S. Rep. Jason Smith sent out a tweet last month paralleling job growth with tax cuts, citing the George W.Bush, Reagan

wrt tax cuts supposedly creating jobs... There is virtually no evidence for it especially with tax cuts for the rich. The biggest multiplier effect comes from putting money in the hands of people who will spend it but the rich mostly save it so there is very little relation between more jobs and tax cuts for the rich. Yet Republicans are only interested in tax cuts for their donor class because that is where their bribes come from.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          I never thought Roseanne was funny and she's probably at least a little bit racist, but firing people because they say dumb things is a trend I wish would go away.
                          It definitely is a bad thing as it doesn't only affect Roseanne alone, but also the whole crew which worked on the series ... who are all, from one day to the other, jobless.
                          May have been better to find a solution like in "Two and a half men" .... where just Charlie Sheen was fired and the series continued without him, with Ashton Kutcher replacing him in the first season that startetd totally without Charlie

Comment

• The show is called Rosanne. It's nothing without her. ABCs loss. But America's loss too.

Comment

• Free market ... you cost your boss more than you bring in, you get canned. Tim and Roseanne crossed THAT line. There’s countless ways to do that in show business, which is why the vast vast majority of us don’t have shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X