No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion piece on Vox why the Korea Summit never should have been taken seriously (and was doomed from the beginning):
    https://www.vox.com/2018/5/24/173887...orea-diplomacy

It lists Trumpüs past as con artist (like with Trump university or his unpaid bills to contractors) and then shows how his trend of lying and making promises that he doesn't keep continued with his presidency (like with the "terrific replacement for Obamacare, that will be much bette and will cover many more people", the promised renegotiations of medicine prices for Medicaid, the 1 Trillion Dollar package for the Infrastructure and many many more) and then asks why so many many people, including the Mainstream Media, suddenly assumed that Trump would suddenly have changed and would,m for once, actually fulfill his promises with regards toi the North Korea Summit.

This is not controversial. Everyone in the Washington and media elite knew this but set aside all the evidence to believe that Trump is someone else and might actually take negotiations seriously and usher in a major diplomatic breakthrough with North Korea. The ultimate collapse of the summit is a valuable opportunity to try to make sure we do a better job next time, and not only take note of Trump’s lies and nonsense when his statements are proven to be dishonest nonsense but to be preemptively skeptical of new claims he makes.
    A good clue that we were being set up is that not only is the Trump administration’s North Korea policy being headed up by Donald Trump, but it has been conducted so far like you would expect a bull****ter to conduct policy.
    The ultimate collapse of the talks is probably better than any realistic alternative would have been. But until this week, much of the mainstream press — Time, the New York Times, CNN, etc. — was obsessed with the possibility that maybe Trump will deliver a historic diplomatic breakthrough with Pyongyang and then not receive the level of credit and adulation he deserves.

It’s good that Trump gave up the ghost here rather than trying to fake his way through a summit. But it’s critical that the country’s political and media establishment try to actually learn its lesson here. Trump lies about a lot of things. He talks nonsense constantly. And while those of us who don’t work in the White House can’t stop him from doing those things, we can certainly cover him as a habitual liar and bull****ter rather than waking up each morning like we’ve never seen Trump in action before.

Lets hope that Mainstream media actually acts according to this principle.
    It was rather embarassing to see CNN (for example) turned into such uncritical Trump-Administration-Fanbois with regards to North Korea like they were in the past 2 weeks
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Is it true that the White House just gave the ICE the permission to destroy documents about immigrants getting sexually assaulted while in ICE custody?

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/sta...05244115599360
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

There is a defined scope of investigation ... it is just that Rosenstein & Co don't want to give the suspects/targets of their investigation more, than a redacted version of the document outlining it, so they cannot prepare and maybe destroy evidences that may be interesting for the investigation
        That is not a legal reason to redact so there is no reason to believe that.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Obama told the media that his new Netflix series is going to be community organizing, anti-American, anti-Trump propaganda. Also, that his administration didn't have any scandals. No dip**** fake news journalist questioned him about that lie.

Comment

• Hopefully the Netflix boycott will be as successful as the NFL boycott.

Comment

• Netflix Executive Unsure How To Tell Barack Obama His Series Idea Just ‘Fawlty Towers’

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                John Cleese read Law at Cambridge.

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
              Opinion piece on Vox why the Korea Summit never should have been taken seriously (and was doomed from the beginning):
              https://www.vox.com/2018/5/24/173887...orea-diplomacy

It lists Trumpüs past as con artist (like with Trump university or his unpaid bills to contractors) and then shows how his trend of lying and making promises that he doesn't keep continued with his presidency (like with the "terrific replacement for Obamacare, that will be much bette and will cover many more people"
              He wasn't lying ... just by "better" he means more people will die ... and by "cover many more people" he is referring to the burials...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                Hopefully the Netflix boycott will be as successful as the NFL boycott.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...-obama-boycott
                Yay! more bandwidth for the rest of us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Yay! more bandwidth for the rest of us!
                  You are going to get a lot of bandwidth. A lot. A lot of people are saying that.

Comment

• Interest in coins marking the scrapped meeting soars and the White House gift shop website crashes.
                    Blah

Comment

• One day we'll find out Trump did a short sale on the commemorative coins, then pulled outta the summit. #InsiderTrading
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Anti-immigration advocate arrested for filming outside of court trial of Muslim groomers. No freedom in the UK.

Comment

• A great summary of the lies told by Trump and his enablers.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            https://youtu.be/9GlC1396NUo

A great summary of the lies told by Trump and his enablers.
                            "Trump and the Enablers". Sounds like a great idea for an SNL musical skit!

Comment

• Currently there is a school shooting in Noblesville, Indiana

But just 2 injured persons ands noone dead ... so it's just a normal school day for american students and nothing that would be worth to be reported in large media outlets

Comment

Working...
                              X