No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering whether Trump can squeeze in another invasion now before the Iran thing goes hot
    Blah

Comment

• Well, i was wondering what kind of fire he would start to distract people away from the investigations.......
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        Wondering whether Trump can squeeze in another invasion now before the Iran thing goes hot
        We know you have a special place in your heart for communists.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Meanwhile, Turkmenistan is dealing with Toilet Paper Treason!
          Originally posted by BBC
          Turkmens warned over presidential toilet paper
          http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-f...where-44236375
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Creativity
            Blah

Comment

• SOuth Korea meanwhile has answered to Trumps message regarding the cancellation of the summit:
              South Korean official response: “We are attempting to make sense of what, precisely, President Trump means.”

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                And yet, he's risen to the most powerful position in the world.

Go figure.
                Which speaks to how effective propaganda and disinformation campaigns are as a political strategy.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Which speaks to how effective propaganda and disinformation campaigns are as a political strategy.
                  No. It proves that they can be overcome. It proves that the Clinton News Network can not win elections against a candidate like Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                    Meanwhile, Turkmenistan is dealing with Toilet Paper Treason!
                    [/h] http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-f...where-44236375
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	trump-urinal.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	9346792
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

No. It proves that they can be overcome. It proves that the Clinton News Network can not win elections against a candidate like Trump.
                      The republicans always have an unfair advantage over the Democrats in elections.
                      In presidential elections it is because of the antiquated system of an electorate, where rural (and more conservative) regions have less voters per elector (meaning that people in rural regions have much more voting power over people in cities (which usually are more liberal leaning))

And in house elections there is the process of Gerrymandering, which especially favors the republicans (although this may backfire in the midterm elections this year, because the last gerrymandring was pursued very aggresively by the republicans in order to gain as many house seats as possible, meaning that the republicans only allowed for a narrow advantage of GOP over DEMs in many voting districts)

So, actually, the Liberals/Dems always go into elections with the odds rigged against them ... meaning that they only have a reliable chance if the previous conservative president messed things up by a large degree (like Bush sr. ... economy ... and Bush jr. ... economy due to his tax cuts )
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• The amazing thing is that Kid is not embarrassed that a German know more about US political structures than he does. Instead, Kid proudly wears his ignorance as righteousness.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                          The amazing thing is that Kid is not embarrassed that a German know more about US political structures than he does. Instead, Kid proudly wears his ignorance as righteousness.
                          Only Commies engage in their countries politics!

Comment

• Bojo the Clown gets pranked by Russians!
                            Originally posted by BBC
                            Boris Johnson has been targeted by a Russian prank caller pretending to be the new prime minister of Armenia.
                            In a recording posted online, the prank caller pretends to be the new prime minister of Armenia.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                              The amazing thing is that Kid is not embarrassed that a German know more about US political structures than he does. Instead, Kid proudly wears his ignorance as righteousness.
                              So you think the American system of government is unfair? I'll pay for you to move to Germany.

Comment

• So you think there are no structural biases in the US? I'll continue to benefit from you voting for politicians who favor the rich at the expense of everyone else.
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X