Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    The problem is not guns. It's not shootings. It's this.
    You're so right. Look at all the other countries that have mass shootings in schools.

Comment

• Well, to sum it up:

Things responsible for school shootings:
      Ritalin
      Video games
      Too many doors
      Not enough walls
      Walls that are too thin
      Mean girls
      Bad parents
      The liberal media
      Not enough police officers
      Ineffective police officers
      Not enough guns

Things not responsible:
      Too many guns
      Source:
      https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/s...40402590388225
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        Kind of funny when the Left actually says something true for once but they try to use sarcasm
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post

You're so right. Look at all the other countries that have mass shootings in schools.
          You didn't get my point. Not surprising. Or maybe you did but you wanted to protect people from the truth.

Comment

You didn't get my point. Not surprising. Or maybe you did but you wanted to protect people from the truth.
            And the truth is?

A massively disenfranchised society all about individual worth? A system that tells people that if they just knuckle down and do their bit they'll do fine, while all the while they're being ripped off? A system that actively discourages community mindedness?

You tell me.

Comment

• Kid, do you support nuclear weapon proliferation to ordinary citizens? If not ... why?

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post

And the truth is?

A massively disenfranchised society all about individual worth? A system that tells people that if they just knuckle down and do their bit they'll do fine, while all the while they're being ripped off? A system that actively discourages community mindedness?

You tell me.
                Well part of it is constantly complaining of being ripped off, or oppressed, being victims or people saying things they don't like but is usually true. Basically a high level of dishonesty and ungratefulness.

And since you bring up community mindedness, the diminishing of trust in the community is the direct result of diversity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                  Kid, do you support nuclear weapon proliferation to ordinary citizens? If not ... why?
                  No because we would all die. The chance of being killed by a mass shooter is still very low despite what you heard.

Comment

• Well, the extreme individualism in the USA obviously is detrimental to the community.

Best example is the health insurance sector.
                    The "freedom" to not have a health insurance costs you (as the whole US society) big.
                    The costs (compared to a single payer insurance, like all other western nations have) are much higher and the coverage is much worse ... also, due to it all being almost totally unregulated capitalism, you have a high danger of getting ripped off, for example in emergency rooms (where you may have to pay 1000 $ for just a bandage and no medical assistance).
                    And even those who "like" the freedom of not being insured play russian roulette, as a medical emergency (or cancer) can result in much more costs than they would have had, if they had paid for a health insurance in countries with single payer insurance models (usually resulting in medical bankruptcies, which btw. is something almost completely unheard of in countries with single payer insurances ... they are more or less unique to the USA)
                    Not to forget those who had preexisting conditions (which include previous pregnancies as I have learned) which gives US health insurance agencies an excuse to deny them coverage, or charge astronomical costs.

So you, as a society, pay a high price for your "individual freedom" in the health sector.
                    Last edited by Proteus_MST; May 22, 2018, 08:55.
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

No because we would all die. The chance of being killed by a mass shooter is still very low despite what you heard.
                      What if you would regulate the size of these nuclear bombs?
                      Say to a maximum of 0.01 kt (which would be the size of the ammu8nition of a nuclear M 29 Davy Crockett recoilless rifle for civilian sale.

This would decrease the chance that ysu all would die and you could still have individual fun with nuclear weapons (and especially, would be able to effectively protect yourself from the state and its army which, after all, is the reason for the 2nd amendment, according to some NRA followers).
                      Considering the costs of even these tiny nuclear weapons I am also sure that they wouldnt be too widespread, as only the richest 10-20 % of US society would be able to afford one (or more) of them

Comment

• And since you bring up community mindedness, the diminishing of trust in the community is the direct result of diversity.
                        Typical racist raving. Totally expected. People don't trust the community anymore because a black man moved in next door. Quite hilarious.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post

Typical racist raving. Totally expected. People don't trust the community anymore because a black man moved in next door. Quite hilarious.
                          Ah so you falsely accuse me of being a racist. Perfect.

Comment

• Actually I said the comment that you quoted was racist. If you want to own it though, I have no problem with the accusation.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• A woman in Albany, N.Y. was upset that her drive through order was taking to long so she decided to whip out a handgun and threatened to kill the minimum wage workers. She ended up driving off without her order.

Anyone want to bet this genius was paying with an EBT card?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

What if you would regulate the size of these nuclear bombs?
                                Say to a maximum of 0.01 kt (which would be the size of the ammu8nition of a nuclear M 29 Davy Crockett recoilless rifle for civilian sale.

This would decrease the chance that ysu all would die and you could still have individual fun with nuclear weapons (and especially, would be able to effectively protect yourself from the state and its army which, after all, is the reason for the 2nd amendment, according to some NRA followers).
                                Considering the costs of even these tiny nuclear weapons I am also sure that they wouldnt be too widespread, as only the richest 10-20 % of US society would be able to afford one (or more) of them

That would be fun but terrorists might get them.

Comment

Working...
                                X